The Future of MyFilms? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: The Future of MyFilms?

Hi Guzzi - I tested 4.9.3.7 and all is working really well. A couple minor issues:

• #myfilms.view is not populated on window open if you use a custom view
    • I found a few errors in skin xmls - so attached new ones - I made a few other changes as well which you can use or not as you like. They could still use more tweaking, but I got tired :p
    • I corrected the English language strings file - typos, capitalization, and removed the duplicates
    I tried to use the new strings on buttons in mesfilmsdetails.xml, but they did not work, and I got an errror message in the error.log on 4 of them. It looks to me like details is not reading from the My Films strings files.

Itemcount works great now, so I used it!

Hope that helps.

Hi Dadeo,

attached a new version.

Changes:

- Updated B3W skinfiles with your changes (thanks!) plus some other minor tweaks
    - updated language strings - en updated with your input (thanks!) plus copied missings stringIDs in it, fr, es - so if anyone wants to translate, post updated file so I can attach it to the package. Pls let me also know, if errors mentioned above have disappeared now.
    - reworked logo handling in setup; now should work as follows: Whenever logos are stored or configured in defaultpathes, they're stored without pathinfos - so better portability is achived with that. Both (setup and GUI) autoadd the defaultpathes automatically, if no specific pathes are configured in the MyFilms_Logos.xml.
    - Fix for missing / wrong labels in Detailsview - seems indeed, that the skinengine can't read from MyFilms strings file, so labels are set (localized) from the plugin itself now.

The problems with #myfilms.view not being set properly on userdefined views, I couldn't reproduce - so meybe you can give me more detailed steps how to get that - maybe with MyFIlms configfiles in case it's dependant on certain settings I have different on my side!?

Attachments

• MyFilms-4.9.3.8.mpe1
      635.6 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re : AW: The Future of MyFilms?

If anybody is willing to create a default logoconfigfile, I would appreciate that.
    Hi Guzzi,

A little contribution
    Hope you like ;)

Hi ltb,
    thanks fo your contribution!
    Actually it was a little misunderstanding, as I was talking about the MyFilms_Logos.xml file, that I want to distribute with the package as a defaultsetup for the user.

Regarding the Plugin Logo:

I like it! - but I think it should have full transparency to use it as pluginlogo - could you change that?

Attached is the currently used logo from 5.1 - @all: let me know, which one you prefer - so I could add a pluginlogo also for 4.9.x ;-)

film-reel-128x128.png

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Guzzi - 4.9.3.8 tests:

1. Blue3 skin files - I would suggest removing the mirror from the image so that the Virtual View buttons display more clearly. That's a pretty small font (9) as it is. Blue3 (4x3) still is not done? :D
    2. Language strings all now work great here though plugin names are the usual issue - no easy way to localize them outside the window for that plugin, but not a big deal though, not much you can do about it.
    3. Logos auto config works great for me - I would only question the rule for Blu-Ray display (framerate = 23 or 24) I have many films that display that logo and they are not Blu-Ray! :p
    About #myfilms.view:
    1. Go to My Films Config
    2. Select Optional 1 tab
    3. Select a view under Default View (e.g. Category)
    4. Select a Parameter/Value - such as Animation
    5. Save :D
    6. Open MyFilms
    Category view is displayed BUT #myfilms.view does not display the view Genres (would be nice if Category and Genres were consistently named :D) it only displays the Value i.e. Animation. However, if you select Genres from the Menu - Switch View, then Animation - then #myfilms.view displays Genres Animation correctly.

About the logo - I like both though I agree the transparency is required.

-ltb-

Portal Pro
    April 10, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : The Future of MyFilms?

Hi,

Guzzi, Dadeo,
    by transparency, you mean something like this?
    attachment.php

I think there needs two logos : enable/disable logo?

Attachments

• logo_mesfilms2.png
      logo_mesfilms2.png
      64.2 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

Anyone using streamedMP skin?
    Im having string problems

Hi z3us,
    if you tell me what's the problem and post the skinfile, it would be easier to help.
    (afaik there is not yet an adapted StreamedMP skin available)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

Hi Guzzi - 4.9.3.8 tests:

1. Blue3 skin files - I would suggest removing the mirror from the image so that the Virtual View buttons display more clearly. That's a pretty small font (9) as it is. Blue3 (4x3) still is not done? :D
    2. Language strings all now work great here though plugin names are the usual issue - no easy way to localize them outside the window for that plugin, but not a big deal though, not much you can do about it.
    3. Logos auto config works great for me - I would only question the rule for Blu-Ray display (framerate = 23 or 24) I have many films that display that logo and they are not Blu-Ray! :p
    About #myfilms.view:
    1. Go to My Films Config
    2. Select Optional 1 tab
    3. Select a view under Default View (e.g. Category)
    4. Select a Parameter/Value - such as Animation
    5. Save :D
    6. Open MyFilms
    Category view is displayed BUT #myfilms.view does not display the view Genres (would be nice if Category and Genres were consistently named :D) it only displays the Value i.e. Animation. However, if you select Genres from the Menu - Switch View, then Animation - then #myfilms.view displays Genres Animation correctly.

About the logo - I like both though I agree the transparency is required.

Hi Dadeo,

thanks for the feedback,

Ad 1: Removed reflection from the coverimage . yes, Blue3 not yet done ;-)
    Ad 3: Well, I think the assumption, that 23/24 fps is coming at least from a blueray source is not wrong, I personally like the info about that - could be replaced by another icon, but afaik there is no other matching icon present?
    Ad myfims.view: Could reproduce und tried fixing it. Also tried to set all displays to category instead of genre.

One new feature included: While I was doing tests, I didn't always want to change my "poductive movieDB-config" - so I added a "copy-feature" to create copies of an existing configuration in setup. Also useful, if you want to have other settings on the same DB - e.g. for kids, etc.

Ad Icon: I tried integrating tlb's Icon, but it looked horrible in the pluginsetupview - not sure, why, maybe there are rules about colorspace etc. to be met - don't know - so for now I added the Icon I use in 5.1 - better than nothing ...

Attachments

• MyFilms-4.9.3.9.mpe1
      671.8 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re : The Future of MyFilms?

Hi,

Guzzi, Dadeo,
    by transparency, you mean something like this?
    attachment.php

I think there needs two logos : enable/disable logo?

Hi tlb,
    yes, that's what I meant - but I tried integrating the Icon in the plugin and it didn't work - it looked very bad in the setupview.
    Maybe there are rules for those Icons that are not met? Sorry, cause it's imho really looking good!

-ltb-

Portal Pro
    April 10, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : The Future of MyFilms?

Hi guzzy

What are the extansion of thoses images? .ico or .png . Maybe threre is something wrong with the png interpretetion.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re : The Future of MyFilms?

Hi guzzy

What are the extansion of thoses images? .ico or .png . Maybe threre is something wrong with the png interpretetion.

hi tlb,

I have no experiences with the inner details - the image I used was PNG - I did NOT use ICO (that includes several resolutions afaik).

Maybe have a look at the image I posted - this one displayed fine in the setup.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread