Titan - Bug Reports & Issues (1 Viewer)

Bernard

Portal Pro
March 5, 2012
Centurion
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi Guys,

I posted this 2 months back in the MediaPortal support forum, but I didn't get a response, so I thought I'll post here and see if someone knows something about the sounds.

(https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp-bug-or-skin-bug.130185/)
I have a small thing that I find annoying, and I would like to report the "bug" but I'm not sure if it is a skin, extension or MP core bug.

When I use RadioTime, and I play a music. I'm able to natigate the menu's in silence. So pressing up and down does not make any sound while music is playing. But using the "back" option on my remote (like pressing "esc" on keyboard) still produce the sound of "back".

So what part of the 3 components are responsible for "muting" the sound? Keeping in mind that some of the sound is already "muting" so for instance the plugin may have issued the correct command, but the back sound is not included in the list of "muted" sounds....

Cheers!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When I use RadioTime, and I play a music. I'm able to navigate the menu's in silence. So pressing up and down does not make any sound while music is playing. But using the "back" option on my remote (like pressing "esc" on keyboard) still produce the sound of "back".
    The sound that is associated with each key press on the keyboard is defined in "keymap.xml". If you modify this file, you can remove or change the sounds. There is a global section that defines the default sounds that are to occur, but you can then define overrides for specific panels. So, if you wanted no sound for the ESCAPE key on the music panels, but wanted to retain sound on other panels, you could do that.

The situation is similar for the remote control. If you are using a Microsoft MCE compatible remote, the sounds associated with each button press are defined in "Microsoft MCE.xml". You can edit that to remove or change sounds as you want.

The above applies to MP 1.9.0 pre (which is what I have installed). MP 1.10 (or was it 1.11?) introduced new "General HID" support that supersedes "Microsoft MCE.xml", but I would expect that there is a mapping file that you can edit to remove or change the sounds.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Bernard

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2012
    Centurion
    Home Country
    Thanks for comming back to me!

I would not like to kill the sound completely, and because all the other navigation sounds get muted. I just want to figure out why the 'back' sound does not get muted?

Do you know of a parameter in the xml that 'add it' to the 'mute' list? I guess if not this seems to be a core feature then. The skin just select the sound files to play.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Do you know of a parameter in the xml that 'add it' to the 'mute' list?
    You need to use "MP Config" to modify the mapping files for the keyboard and the remote control. For example, the global setting for the ESCAPE key in the keyboard mapping file is like this:

Code:
    <action>
      <id>10</id>
      <key>esc</key>
      <sound>back.wav</sound>
      <description>Previous Menu</description>
      </action>
    This specifies that when key "esc" is pressed, sound file "back.wav" is to be played. You need to change the <sound> tag to specify that no sound file should be played. The panel in "MP Config" will allow you to specify this.

You will also need to look in the Wiki for the list of MP windows, to determine the window ids for the particular panels (the Music panels) where you want to make this change. The panel in "MP Config" will allow you to specify different actions for different windows, and hence different sound files for those windows.

Then you need to make the equivalent changes to the mapping file for the remote control. Again, you do this in "MP Config". So, I think that you can achieve what you want, but you have a bit of work to do.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Bernard

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2012
    Centurion
    Home Country
    Hi @CyberSimian,

I don't think you follow my specific case. I do not want to "change" or "remove" the sound from the escape key.

There is a special scenario when you have video playing in the background, that the sounds that navigation normally plays, does not get played. This is so it does not disturb your movie or music.

This works fine, but it seems not to work for the "ESC" key that always plays. But say the sound that you hear when you press up or down, for instance, does not play while a movie or music is playing in the background.

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Brensbach (HE) ehemals Görlitz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    - Jump in a playlist (myseries)
    - last mark of list appears as Series title
    - screen 01 u. 02 each the same series :( (have xml string tricked times in screen 01)
    idea? can the same test or edit - it sucks ;)

Attachments

• 01 serien.jpg
      01 serien.jpg
      306.3 KB
    • 02 serien.jpg
      02 serien.jpg
      303.3 KB

markus_g

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    Is it possible if someone can fix the position of the genre in mytvguide.11rows.xml for Titan. It has not displayed for a long time.

Regards,

Markus.

Last edited:

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Brensbach (HE) ehemals Görlitz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    error only banner -> jump to favoriten (default/4x2/6x2/7x4). only if my list is empty. (favoriten)
    are or should the background.png so placed ?

hope someday to feedback (n)
    previous post also no feedback, not a good forum :(

Attachments

• serien.jpg
      serien.jpg
      166.4 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread