Titan Moving Pictures Category Error (1 Viewer)

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I got a Error, when i click on a Category. Can someone help :)?

Bild1.png
    Bild2.png
    Bild3.png

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You will need to confirm that you still get the bug when not using the titan christmas theme for the bug to be investigated.

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, i got another Error, when trying the Debug mode (but lets talk on this later). I started MP normally and clear all log Files, and click on a category.

W.Chaser

September 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had a similar issue to this because I'd removed the default categories from Moving Pictures a while ago (since I didn't use them). I found a thread somewhere on here about recreating them (which I of course cannot find now), but I think it involved removing all existing categories in Moving Pictures and when you go back into the config it recreates the default ones again and this resolves the issue (you can then obviously add your own back in). I think Titan is expecting to find the default categories there.

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there another Way to do this? I dont want to delete all my categories...

Bild1.png

I tried to change the Basichome.submenus.xml
    from <hyperlinkParameter>categoryname:${UnwatedMovies}</hyperlinkParameter>
    in <hyperlinkParameter>categoryname:${Abenteuer}</hyperlinkParameter>

but it doesnt work....

W.Chaser

September 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I did have a brief look through the forums for a solution at the time, but couldn't find anything. I only had a few different categories (just to split the Kids and Adult videos out based on location) so in total only had 4 to recreate. I thought it was probably something dim I'd done and that was why it wasn't working so just went for the recreate option since that would take less time than trawling for hours (and the WAF was dropping :) ). I do remember trying to recreate the standard categories manually as a quick test but that didn't seem to work. That's not to say that it wasn't me doing it wrong though.

Perhaps posting in the MovingPictures forum might lead to a solution to recreating the standard categories?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If Abenteur is one of the built in categories (not user created) then try with the english name for Abenteur category

AndrePrins

Portal Member
    February 21, 2012
    Almere-Stad, Flevoland, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have the exact same issue: an external plugin or skin passed Moving Pictures an invalid paramater.
    System: MP 1.3.0 Beta, Moving Pictures 1.4.2, SubCentral. I don't have a problem with MP-TVSeries, only with Moving Pictures. I don't get the Category error.
    I tried to run the Debug mode, but I don't get the MovingPictures Menu option when I'm in Debug mode.

Update: changed option in Debug mode for skin/plugin and got the info. It must be a Titan Skin problem (in my case) as in the Default Wide skin it's working fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread