TV Groups are not showing up in TVServer Setup (2 Viewers)

dbassin

Portal Member
May 16, 2009
Ah ok, must have been a strange conincidence that the only time the tv groups section has ever worked for me was when i didnt have streamedmp installed.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Which noone of the team (including myselfe) is able to reproduce.
    There are probably more steps than needed here but this is what I did

Deleted all TV channels (highlighted them and all and deleted rather than pressed clear)
    Scanned DVB-T channels on one of the tuners (did this several times as aerial had lost one of the transponders)
    Closed config
    Deleted all TV channels again but this time also radio
    Scanned DVB-T channels on one of the tuners
    Closed config
    Used the clear option on TV channels and Radio channels
    Closed config

Since doing this I can no longer access the TV groups or manual control pages.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Which noone of the team (including myselfe) is able to reproduce.
    There are probably more steps than needed here but this is what I did

Deleted all TV channels (highlighted them and all and deleted rather than pressed clear)
    Scanned DVB-T channels on one of the tuners (did this several times as aerial had lost one of the transponders)
    Closed config
    Deleted all TV channels again but this time also radio
    Closed config
    Used the clear option on TV channels and Radio channels
    Closed config

Since doing this I can no longer access the TV groups or manual control pages.
    1. and the logs are ..... where?
    2. just did exactly the same here, and everything inside TV-Server Configuration is still working. :confused:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    2. just did exactly the same here, and everything inside TV-Server Configuration is still working. :confused:
    I am wondering when exactly this happened and whether it was part of the upgrade from 1.0 to 1.0.1

Going to do some digging as the actual error is a SQL one.
    So you are not using 1.0.2?
    Because then you will miss a big fix related to the TV-Groups section.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I am wondering when exactly this happened and whether it was part of the upgrade from 1.0 to 1.0.1

No I am on 1.0.2 now but the other day was the first time I noticed I could not get into manual control panel. I am wondering when this started though.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

No I am on 1.0.2 now but the other day was the first time I noticed I could not get into manual control panel. I am wondering when this started though.
    The cause for this issue is/was that after a scan, the TV-Server did not create a "all channels" group.
    If you then tried to enter "manual control" or "TV Groups", then this caused an error, because these sections need at least one TV-Group to be present.

To get the all channels group created, you had to enter "MyTV" in MediaPortal.

In 1.0.2 the TV-Server Configuration always creates a "all channels" group, to get rid of that issue.

hmm.... when i think about it.... i think that the"all channels" group was only created for TV-Channels in 1.0.2.
    But in current svn it was changed to also create this group for RadioStations.
    This could explain the different testresults we get here, but i need a confirmation for that change from the developers first. will post again as soon as i know more. :)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    The cause for this issue is/was that after a scan, the TV-Server did not create a "all channels" group.
    If you then tried to enter "manual control" or "TV Groups", then this caused an error, because these sections need at least one TV-Group to be present.

In 1.0.2 the TV-Server Configuration always creates a "all channels" group, to get rid of that issue.
    Slightly confused as on 1.0.2 I deleted all the channels and then scanned. The database had the links for groups (I checked) and I could access the groups created when I ticked the create group for broadcaster option so the "all channels" group existed (and I could access it via client) but I could still not get into manual control or tv groups tabs.
    This could explain the different testresults we get here, but i need a confirmation for that change from the developers first. will post again as soon as i know more. :)
    Thanks

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Slightly confused as on 1.0.2 I deleted all the channels and then scanned.
    I am talking about clean instalations only, where no DB is present.
    In your case, there allready is at least one TV-Group present in the db.

Schwabe78

Portal Member
    April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    i read the most posts with this topic. The facts are: After the installation of the new mediaportal 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 with tvserver 3 a lot of people have problems with TV Group and Manual control tab in the TV Server config.

I have the same "bug". I scanned my DVB-S TV Card and can only switch between the satellite or provider groups in my TV. That is very tricky, or did you know from which provider arte or MTV is? I reinstall TV server 2-3 times and the "bug" appears every new installation.

I only want to create one big group with my favorite german TV channels...thats all, is there now easy way of creating or uploading a database?

thx for your answer
    Schwabe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom