TV Guide for Aussies (2 Viewers)

SSSputnik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2005
    How's Webepg going? Not many comments lately.
    Having a hard time getting Australian TV guides working 100%
    (Very hard to find a complete channel listing that works).

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi guys,

I've added support for www.oztivo.net (minnie.tuhs.org)

To use this site you will need to create an account and get a login/password.

Then you wil need to add the following to your WebEPG.xml file:

<section name="AuthSites">
    <entry name="Count">1</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="Auth1">
    <entry name="Site">minnie.tuhs.org</entry>
    <entry name="Login">xxxxx</entry>
    <entry name="Password">xxxxx</entry>
    </section>

Replace the xxxxxx's with your account details. This can be added to the top or bottom of the WebEPG.xml file inside the <profile> </profile> tags.

Happy EPGing.

/James

SSSputnik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2005
    What's the oztivo data like?

Good descriptions on all channels? How many days data can you normally grab? Just wondering if it's worth using as I'm currently pretty happy with another provider.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    SSSputnik said:
    What's the oztivo data like?
    Its OK, but I have stoped using it because it seems to be updated at random intervals, and I found sometimes it would be down to 1 day's data available before it was updated again. This is not surprising, as it is updated by the user community, so if a kind volunteer doesn't do the update, then there is no data available.

If you are happy with your current "provider", I would suggest that you don't bother to change....

mowog

Portal Member
    April 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    mowog said:
    James said:
    Hi guys,

I've added support for www.oztivo.net (minnie.tuhs.org)

Of course, I haven't tried it to see if it works yet, but I'm sure it will ;)

Just a quick FYI - the tvguide.org.au / oztivo.net / minnie.tuhs.org guide works brilliantly. It's easily the most complete data source I've ever pulled into MP, and I've tried nearly all of them with little success. James -- great work :!: :!:

The only constructive criticism I can provide is that the AuthSites section which you need to add to WebEPG.xml gets deleted if I rerun the WebEPG configuration applet. It'd be nice to be able to enter the authentication into the config applet, and I'm sure you'll get it there eventually :)

Again, love your work :D :D

--m

Tharsis

Portal Member
    December 28, 2005
    Great work james!.

I have been using the tvguide.com.au since december and it's been great. Sometimes it's down to 3 days but for the most part they have been fantastic at keeping it going.

Now for my question, anyone have a grabber for the tvguide.com.au for their foxtel info? I see James has already put it in for the FTA stuff but i'm greedy and want both :).

Anyone made one up by chance?

simmo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2005
    Newcastle, Australia
    Home Country
    James,

Excellent work. It works at treat with www.oztivo.net (minnie.tuhs.org) . I have had to adjust timezone by -13 hours to get the times to line up. Any ideas why this may be?

I have also added some regional channels to the config. Can I send you these for inclusion in next releases and if so what info do you require?

Thanks in advance.

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi simmo,

I think the time difference is because this site supplies the time in UTC. I see what I can do to fix this.

Yes, please send me the updated xml files and channels.xml where you have hopefully name the channels nicely.

/James

[edit]

Try adding this to the XML file:

<entry name="TimeZone">Greenwich Standard Time</entry>

Add this at the bottom in the info section, like this:

<section name="Info">
    <entry name="GuideDays">7</entry>
    <entry name="Lang">en</entry>
    <entry name="Login">yes</entry>
    <entry name="TimeZone">Greenwich Standard Time</entry>
    </section>

This will set the site time zone to UTC. However, I still cannot quite work out the 13 hours. The East coast of Oz is +10 with DST +11, MP tries to take an hour for summer time away, but this may be making the gap bigger so +12. I'm still not sure were the last hour is coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread