Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    jazZman said:
    but I can't find where to change it. :oops:
    Its under "Set User Preferences" - go here and select TV Guide Web Interface (you have to login), then select Set User Preferences at the bottom right of the page.... :)

ybear1962

Portal Member
    March 27, 2006
    Adelaide, South Auzzzie
    JRobbo's EPG Guides

strider said:
    I also came across this link to JRobbo's EPG Guides -- anyone using them? How do these compare to the WebEPG/OzTivo details?

The vbs setup procedure seems to be flawed. When executing the script, instead of the program downloading the zipped EPG file for you then unzipping its contents and setting things up, it looks for the downloaded EPG zip file in your MP\Xmltv folder even before its downloaded! :shock:
    Maybe "Nicholas" will set me straight then I can have another go and let you guys know. tba... :wink:

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Re: JRobbo's EPG Guides

ybear1962 said:
    strider said:
    I also came across this link to JRobbo's EPG Guides -- anyone using them? How do these compare to the WebEPG/OzTivo details?

The vbs setup procedure seems to be flawed. When executing the script, instead of the program downloading the zipped EPG file for you then unzipping its contents and setting things up, it looks for the downloaded EPG zip file in your MP\Xmltv folder even before its downloaded! :shock:
    Maybe "Nicholas" will set me straight then I can have another go and let you guys know. tba... :wink:

Hi Strider,
    There was a couple of bugs in the first version of the VBS script that affected people not in Canberra and/or with non-standard Mediaportal installation folders (Naughty me hardcoding that, oops). I fixed those issues and the update was reuploaded the next day. Have you tried this new version? I've been using it for week without issue.
    Note: There is a 3 second delay between downloading and trying to process the file. Maybe if your PC is busy or older (please, no insult meant) it may not be enough time. If you have the new version, perhaps you could edit the file and try again? Just change the line WScript.Sleep 3000 to a value greater. Note: 3000 is in milliseconds so try maybe 5000 (5 seconds)?
    Please let me know how you get on as I will gladly help anyone with problems. Of course, if anyone has any improvments to my 'just average' coding. I'll be glad to add it.
    Cheers Nickname :)

ybear1962

Portal Member
    March 27, 2006
    Adelaide, South Auzzzie
    Hey NickName, I think you are missing my point as the ms delay is not the issue. There is NO connection to the scripted URL in your vbs! Nothing is connecting or downloading. ':('
    If you look at my Sig., my equipment is not an issue either :roll:
    I must be using your updated version as I only d/l it tonight. I'm in Adelaide not Canberra and have commented out the 'comment! Also I always use the default MP path (which matches your default in the vbs).

Here is the error I receive: "could not find C:\progra~1\teamme~1\mediap~1\xmltv\xmltv.zip". I have even gone to the trouble of d/l the zip file myself then putting it in the path its looking for..........it still can't find it! :evil:

I'll have another Picnic Basket in the meantime until I hear back from you :lol:

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Hi ybear1962,

I do not know why it is not downloading the file for you. :-(
    I would have said it's a firewall issue but as you can download the file yourself, that can't be it.
    I am going to see if I can use the Windows API to extract the zip file, so as to remove the need for PKunzip as 8.3 notation is just a pain. I have noticed that if the 'Mediaportal\xmltv\' path is wrong, PKunzip leaves you with the xml file in your %temp% folder, ugh...
    Could you verify that you have
    1) the script,
    2) pkunzip.exe &
    3) gsar.exe
    all in your Mediaportal\xmltv\ folder, please?
    I believe you probably do but it doesn't make sense why it isn't downloading the file. Also if you put the ZIP file in the Mediaportal\xmltv\ folder yourself, then it should just work as the processing of the file is not dependant on the download, though it does help to have the file of course, hehehe ;-)
    I am very sorry for your hassles but strangely, you appear to be only one (since I've uploaded my new version)?
    P.S. I am going to add more error checking to the script so that errors are easily diagnosed & fixed.
    Cheers Nick Name

Redbomber2000

Portal Member
    June 24, 2006
    I want to add Imparja to my WebEPG, a channel that is not there by default. How do I go about this? Is anyone able to give me a few pointers or give me a link to an easy to follow guide? I'm using minnie.tuhs.org to get my other channels (ABC, Seven, SBS) and it works great.

Users who are viewing this thread