TV Guide for Aussies (1 Viewer)

strider

Portal Member
June 21, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Wow! Very cool! 8)

Got WebEPG pulling from the OzTivo source... great to finally have a decent EPG. :shock:

Let's hope those holding onto the EPG data in Oz finally come to their senses and produce something reasonable in the long run. :roll:

In the interim -- VERY VERY happy with the OzTivo/WebEPG solution. Works very well. :D

I followed the instructions laid out in the Wiki -- thanks for the link James, made it very easy.

Just a general question -- I see WebEPG-channels.exe listed? I didn't do anything with that? Do I need to? :?:

I also came across this link to JRobbo's EPG Guides -- anyone using them? How do these compare to the WebEPG/OzTivo details?

Redbomber2000

Portal Member
June 24, 2006
I'm having problems with the EPG setup. In the guide for WebEPG steup 2 tells you tom import you channels using WebEPG Config. I have setup my channels in media portal but I can't figure how to impot them using WebEPG config. It wants Channellist.xml but I don't have that file. Why? Can anybody help me out?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    What version of MediaPortal are you using? I thought that WebEPG now reads the channel data directly from the database?

Anyway, you can create the Channellist.xml by running "Backup" in Configuration / Television /TV Channels... :)

Redbomber2000

Portal Member
    June 24, 2006
    I'm using 0.2 RC4. That worked and now I can import the channels. I followed the rest of the guide but still no EPG showing up in MP. Should it be instant?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Redbomber2000 said:
    Should it be instant?
    Its not instant, but usually occurs within a minute or two. You can force an update by pressing "F3" while viewing the EPG and then selecting "Import TV Guide".

Also, check that you actually have EPG data in your tvguide.xml file that WebEPG created.

Redbomber2000

Portal Member
    June 24, 2006
    Hey thanks for that Taipan. Got most of it working now. I just have Imparja (9 crossed with Ten) to get. Being an obscure station there doesn't seem to be a way to set it up using WebEPG. Does that seem right?

jazZman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Help Please

I have been trying setup WebEPG since the untimely demise of DUGG, so far without success.
    I have been able to able to setup the grabber, it is the modification of the xml file to add the user name and password that I am having problems with
    Below is what I have so far, but I can't get the thing to run
    If any one can offer me some advice I would be greatful.
    <xml>
    <profile>
    <section>
    <entry>1</entry>
    </section>
    <section>
    <entry>minnie.tuhs.org</entry>
    <entry>xxxxx</entry>
    <entry>xxxxx</entry>
    </section>
    <section>
    <entry>7</entry>
    </section>
    <section>
    <entry>7</entry>
    </section>
    <section>
    <entry>7-qld-metro@seven.com.au</entry>
    <entry>7 Digital</entry>
    <entry>AU\6-minnie_tuhs_org.xml</entry>
    </section>
    <section>
    <entry>abc-qld@abc.net.au</entry>
    <entry>ABC TV</entry>
    </section>
    <section>
    <entry>abc2@abc.net.au</entry>
    <entry>ABC2</entry>
    </section>
    <section>
    <entry>9-qld-metro@ninemsn.com.au</entry>
    <entry>Nine Diigtal</entry>
    </section>
    <section>
    <entry>sbs@sbs.com.au</entry>
    <entry>SBS</entry>
    </section>
    <section>
    <entry>sbs2@sbs.com.au</entry>
    <entry>SBS News</entry>
    </section>
    <section>
    <entry>10-qld-metro@ten.com.au</entry>
    <entry>TEN Digital</entry>
    </section>
    </profile>

Thanks

Jamie

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: Help Please

jazZman said:
    but I can't get the thing to run
    Where (at what stage) does WebEPG fail?

I assume you have an account registered at minnie.tuhs.org and have set that you want an xmltv format file downloaded (in Set User Preferences)?

jazZman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi Taipan,
    I have set up an account, but I can't find the area to setup the request for xmltv format... :oops:

with my user name and password in place of the XXXX, WebEPG only runs for about a second.

Users who are viewing this thread