TV Guide for Aussies (2 Viewers)

C

CheesyMcfly

Awesome

I guess for now I'll just be fine adjusting everything within MP so that it recognises the .xml file

Thanks for the help!

(thank god I don't have to leave Tvxb downloading the listings from ninemsn over night anymore!)

yankinoz

Portal Member
May 14, 2005
Sydney Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
CheesyMcfly:

I got tired of having to rename all my channels in MP every time I had to re-auto tune after CVS installs so I finally changed my TV guide to use the default names that MP gets for the channels when auto tuning. I wrote a short .bat file that runs every night. It run BRP, then renames all the channels in the listing.xml file, then runs TVxb to create a guide for MP.

The "replace.vbs" file came from M$'s The Scripting Guy

Here is my .bat file that uses the replace.vbs. Now I can autotune whenever I need to :)

Code:
"C:\WINDOWS\EHome\BladeRunnerPro\BladeRunner.exe"

cscript replace.vbs "C:\WINDOWS\ehome\BladeRunnerPro\GuideData\listing.xml" ">Channel Seven Sydney<" ">7 Digital<"
cscript replace.vbs "C:\WINDOWS\ehome\BladeRunnerPro\GuideData\listing.xml" ">Channel Nine Sydney<" ">NINE DIGITAL<"
cscript replace.vbs "C:\WINDOWS\ehome\BladeRunnerPro\GuideData\listing.xml" ">Network TEN Sydney<" ">TEN Digital<"

cscript replace.vbs "C:\WINDOWS\ehome\BladeRunnerPro\GuideData\listing.xml" ">ABC NSW<" ">ABC TV Sydney<"

cscript replace.vbs "C:\WINDOWS\ehome\BladeRunnerPro\GuideData\listing.xml" ">SBS Sydney<" ">SBS DIGITAL 1<"
cscript replace.vbs "C:\WINDOWS\ehome\BladeRunnerPro\GuideData\listing.xml" ">SBS News<" ">SBS DIGITAL 2<"

"C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\bin\TVxb.exe"

- thanks Califo for the help getting TVxb to work with BRP. I'm really happy with my current TV guide data. Now if Australian FTA could just STICK to the published schedules! :roll:

C

CheesyMcfly

Hey Yankinoz

after messing around for more than an hour with a .vbs file, I have to admit that I have close to no idea of what I'm actually doing. What does your replace.vbs file say exactly?

Thanks

(I was just trying to make it up as I went along, but needless to say I didn't get very far)

voxmortis

Portal Member
May 19, 2005
Sydney, Straya.
I'm SO close to getting MP there that it's beginning to hurt... my STB is controlled by my MCE remote blaster etc...

BUT, I'm still looking to use Bladerunner Pro/TV Harvest instead of the slower-than-slow TVxb...

I'm wanting both FTA and Optus channels, and have updated my TVHarvest.exe.config, but it's only returning the listings for the GuideURL channels, and not the GuideURL1. (I know both URLs are correct)

Any ideas? TIA!

<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="days" value="1" />
<add key="pastdays" value="0" />
<add key="SingleFile" value="true" />
<add key="path" value="GuideData\" />
<add key="GuideURL" value="http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/guide/(date)_124.asp?channel=optus" />
<add key="GuideURL1" value="http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/guide/(date)_73.asp?channel=free" />
<add key="PopupURL" value="http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/cu/default.asp?pid=(pid)" />
</appSettings>
</configuration>

voxmortis

Portal Member
May 19, 2005
Sydney, Straya.
I tried that initially, and it still only gave me the listings details for the first URL. Hmmm.

I'll prob switch to D1XMLTVGrabber, as that's reasonably quick - and they're less likely to change their site than ninemsn are.... and they're clever enough to include fta in optus listings.

jazZman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi James,
    I hope you enjoyed your holiday :D

I was wondering if your WebEPG covers Brisbane. I know that they are the same stations as the rest of the country, but the programming and timing can be different especially durring football (that's with the oval shaped ball, not the round one) season and daylight saving.

Cheers

Jamie

Users who are viewing this thread