TV Server doesn't detect my AverMedia M780 digital card (1 Viewer)

jonesdb

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Santa Clara, CA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV.log is attached. The test sequence was start server, tune channel 5 (analog), tune channel 5.1 (256 QAM), tune History test (256 QAM with DC-II video). All appears to be functioning properly

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TV.log is attached. The test sequence was start server, tune channel 5 (analog), tune channel 5.1 (256 QAM), tune History test (256 QAM with DC-II video). All appears to be functioning properly

Great news - thanks for that :)
    Your card is still being detected using the old method which is normal for XP Pro.
    Good to see DC-II streams working too.

DMAN

zzhumphreyt

Portal Member
    November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well the tv server recognized the digital tuner but when I tried to scan for QAM channels it didn't find anything with any of the tuning frequencies. To make it worse, when I tried to verify that the analog portion of the card worked the TV Server Configuration stalled while scanning channels. Clicking cancel didn't stop the scan. I ended up closing the program but apparently the analog tuner was locked so I had to restart my computer.

I'm attaching my tv.log file, here's the tv server and OS version: SetupTv v1.0.4.23568 is starting up on Windows7 [6.1.7600.0]. I'll add I'm using the x64 build of Windows 7 but the TV Server seems to be x86.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes I cannot compile a 64bit build here.
    But it's good the card is now detected.

DMAN

thewooddogg

Portal Member
    September 18, 2009
    Any idea if this fix will work for a ATSC USB tuner that gets recognized and scans channels but keeps getting "unable to start graph" error?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom