Tv-Server stopped recording TV! (1 Viewer)

Illudium-Q

Portal Member
December 21, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The TV-server used to record my shows, but it stopped doing so. I've scheduled recordings for several days and it will not record them. What is wrong here? Thanks in advance.

Illudium-Q

Portal Member
December 21, 2012
Home Country
Here are the log files. It didn't record any shows from January 27th to February 4th. Oddly enough, it recorded a show yesterday (the 5th) and today. I'll schedule a few more recordings tomorrow and see what happens.[DOUBLEPOST=1360205300][/DOUBLEPOST]Here are tho log files. They didn't upload the first time.

Illudium-Q

Portal Member
December 21, 2012
Home Country
Both of the shows I scheduled for today did not record. I uploaded the new log files.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    what shows, dates, times did you expect to record?

also, since you are in the US and it looks like you use ATSC, why do you have EPG grabbing enabled?

Illudium-Q

Portal Member
    December 21, 2012
    Home Country
    I had Martha Speaks scheduled to record at 1:00 PM on both February 7 and 8. I also have Wild Kratts set to record at 2:30 PM on February 7 and 8. None of today's scheduled recordings worked. I have EPG grabbing enabled so I can have EPG info. Is there a way to use EPG info from the ATSC signal instead of using online sources? I assumed that it wasn't possible because the EPG didn't show any info until I set up online EPG grabbing. Thanks for your help so far, :)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    From technical point of view, the scheduler thread is not working - scheduler thread starts recording, stops recording, do some cleanup etc. It stopped working after 2/6/2013 9:00:00 PM Jane and the Dragon, but I can't find reason why :(

Illudium-Q

Portal Member
    December 21, 2012
    Home Country
    I had to restart my computer to make it record that show. I guess the scheduler stops after recording a show. Since reinstalling looks like the only solution, is there any way to reinstall mediaportal without losing the my settings and stuff?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    The auto-epg option only works for DVB based TV outside of the US and does not apply to US ATSC. Since you are in the US 1 of the online EPG options is you best choice. Looks like you are using xmltv/mc2xml based on your log files, I also use that option.

I'd recommend you disable the DVB-EPG grabbing options in DVB EPG. It might not cause problems but it would get rid of extra tuner activity trying to do DVB-EPG that will not work. Make sure the TV Server stops and restarts using TV Server Manual control, or maybe just reboot. see wiki
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/TV-Server_Configuration/05_DVB_EPG
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/TV-Server_Configuration/11_Manual_Control

if you to uninstall you can try the 1st "Standard uninstall" option then reinstall,
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/12_Installing_MediaPortal/Uninstalling_MediaPortal

Users who are viewing this thread