UK bbc Iplayer (1 Viewer)

dcope

Portal Member
September 7, 2006
Hello
just wondering how people are integrating the bbc iplayer with mediaportal, currently im using VNC from laptop to navigate but would prefer using remote.

any pointers please leave below.
ta
dcope

dcope

Portal Member
September 7, 2006
hmmm need to investigate that ten foot browser app i used a few months back, might help in this aspect, will post when ive attempted it

tamlyn

February 5, 2008
Check this out BBC iPlayer on GNU/Linux without Flash using only free software - Exploring Freedom with Matt Lee

It seems that the new iPhone port has left an open back door that allows easy extraction of non-DRMed MP4 streams. Combined with the show metadata XML files this should make a mediaportal plugin implementation much easier I think. I'm not much of a programmer and I've never looked into mediaportal plugins but if there's anything I can do to help make this happen sooner let me know!

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Using "My programs" is an alternative way, I would guess. At lease you don't have to manually quit and start MP

rssfed23

April 3, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In theory I suppose the iPlayer streaming interface may be easier to implemet. Im just starting looking through the documentation for the plugin/extension interface as I'm new to MP but once I'm upto key I may take a look at whats around!

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    My idea for iPlayer was to put an "overlay" over the webpage, and then have mediaportal "snap-to" the various sections.

The iplayer only has a few places you would want to click, so if a overlay with transparent click-areas was "drawn" over the webpage, then the up/own/left/right buttons on a media remote could jump from one click area to another. pressing "ok" would simulate a click.

Hope this makes sense? This would then remove the need for a mouse and make the integration quite nice IMO.

project2501

Portal Member
    February 8, 2007
    i have a script running on xbmc xbmc-iplayer - Google Code
    something like this would be really nice
    there is also a ruby script the runs on the pc to download the iphone streams
    maybe these would help you build a gui for a plugin

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
    So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4 MediaPortal 2 - 2.4 Release DE
    Good job, nice release as usual (y)
    Good job, nice release as usual (y)
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.4 MediaPortal 2.4 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had firewall issues with MP2, the client could not see the server unless I turned the firewall off on the server, all rules seemed present and correct, so I eventually uninstalled MP2 as I needed a working...
    Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had...
    I'm not quite sure what I've done, but somehow I seem to have broken our Mediaportal installation. I'm running it as a TV server...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP 1.23 Key Mapping DE
    Ok I've spent way too much time on this but for the sake of other users that are having problems and searching for answers here is the final result. To clarify this testing has been carried out using MP 1.23 using PureVisionHD Skin and a HID keyboard with MP/Config/Remotes set to HID "full" profile - Enable HID - Use HID keyboard...
    Ok I've spent way too much time on this but for the sake of other users that are having problems and searching for answers here is...
    I recently upgraded from MP 1.14 to MP 1.23. In 1.14 I was using the InputPlugIn to map my remote keys and all was working fine. In...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom