[fixed] Unable restore MP from tray if contex menu is opened (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    • Start MP in windowed mode
    • go to my video
    • go to an folder or video file
    • press f9 to open the context menu
    • send MP to tray
    • try to restore (will do not success because of the context menu block it) :(

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    It was known bug for me just I want to wait to release 1.4pre because of there was not forum section to submit bug of unreleased version.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    It was known bug for me just I want to wait to release 1.4pre because of there was not forum section to submit bug of unreleased version.

Thanks!
    So this does work in MP 1.3.0?

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can confirm, open context menu for files blocks the message pump.

The message send by Window to inform MP to restore itself is not processed as the Context Menu of Files (there could be others as well) does not allow MediaPortal to process any other messages while MP is not visible.

This would also impact other system messages (e.g. suspend/resume) for example.

Need to investigate where in (probably Dialog Plugin) the blocking of the message pump takes place.

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    More or less the same symptom but different cause.

The problem here is that the actual Message Pump is blocked by the Context Menu when MP is not actively rendering. It's about message from Windows and not related to MP's own message. Also applies to fullscreen as well if you allow a minimization to the tray.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    This bug also effects fullscreen mode:

Steps to reproduce
    Enable minimize to system tray on exit
    Run MP, open a context menu
    Close MP
    * Can not restore MP *

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
    It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
    Replies
    Views
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks @high, bug report options look good now.
    Thanks @high, bug report options look good now.
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried upgrading from 2.2.3 to 2.3 on my Win10 HPTC. I fixed a couple of issues on the impossibility to run the 64bit and on the non working hama/ortek remote which is not full RC6 compliant following advice in this forum, but I was unable to see Live TV recordings with the user interface (both the old one and the new nereus one). I...
    I tried upgrading from 2.2.3 to 2.3 on my Win10 HPTC. I fixed a couple of issues on the impossibility to run the 64bit and on the...
    I tried upgrading from 2.2.3 to 2.3 on my Win10 HPTC. I fixed a couple of issues on the impossibility to run the 64bit and on the...
    Replies
    Views
    I think there's a master table here http://install.team-mediaportal.com/MPEI/extensions.txt with a list of urls to all the plugin sources. Don't know exactly who has rights to change that
    I think there's a master table here http://install.team-mediaportal.com/MPEI/extensions.txt with a list of urls to all the plugin...
    I am attempting a virgin installation and configuration of MP1 v1.26 on a fresh installation on windows 8.1 Pro x64. When i try to...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom