[fixed] Unable restore MP from tray if contex menu is opened (2 Viewers)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    • Start MP in windowed mode
    • go to my video
    • go to an folder or video file
    • press f9 to open the context menu
    • send MP to tray
    • try to restore (will do not success because of the context menu block it) :(

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    It was known bug for me just I want to wait to release 1.4pre because of there was not forum section to submit bug of unreleased version.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It was known bug for me just I want to wait to release 1.4pre because of there was not forum section to submit bug of unreleased version.

Thanks!
    So this does work in MP 1.3.0?

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can confirm, open context menu for files blocks the message pump.

The message send by Window to inform MP to restore itself is not processed as the Context Menu of Files (there could be others as well) does not allow MediaPortal to process any other messages while MP is not visible.

This would also impact other system messages (e.g. suspend/resume) for example.

Need to investigate where in (probably Dialog Plugin) the blocking of the message pump takes place.

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    More or less the same symptom but different cause.

The problem here is that the actual Message Pump is blocked by the Context Menu when MP is not actively rendering. It's about message from Windows and not related to MP's own message. Also applies to fullscreen as well if you allow a minimization to the tray.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This bug also effects fullscreen mode:

Steps to reproduce
    Enable minimize to system tray on exit
    Run MP, open a context menu
    Close MP
    * Can not restore MP *

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live stream from server to MP. If anyone has a similar problem - disable all old plugins and then enable one after another :-)
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live...
    After using MP for more than 10 years with regularly updates - this is the first time that after an update MP is not working...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application for e.g. the .ts (or any other image, video or audio) file to MediaPortal, or via the File Explorer context menu 'Open with' as other media players can (e.g. JRiver). Currently all that happens when using...
    It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application...
    It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    On Windows 11 I'm having a similar experience, except it's with MySql. Today I downloaded MediaPortalSetup_1.31_Release.zip and I get CRC check error. On third try I don't get CRC error
    On Windows 11 I'm having a similar experience, except it's with MySql. Today I downloaded MediaPortalSetup_1.31_Release.zip and I...
    When I was installing MP 1.31 last weekend I selected to download the files and install from a local folder. I got these messages...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom