[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended Service 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Oxan I have an iPad here at the house... get with me and I can run some tests for you.
    anything new aboit getting MP extender to work with IPAD?
    which app should one use for this? I searched the app store but couldn't find it. I'm hoping project EVE get's released soon.

pellegj

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I installed the full IIS and now MP Extended works (I also deleted all the directories in full, which I did not do before, so I am not sure what was causing this).

But I can not get WebMP to work (should I move there?). I added the application to my IIS, but it complains when I try to look at the configuration that line 9 that there is a duplicate entry of Add with "ClientVerificationEnabled" as key could not be added.

Code:
    <configuration> 
      <appSettings>
        <add key="ClientValidationEnabled" value="true"/>

Any ideas?
    I'm not sure if it is the cause of you're problem, but you might also have to give the "IIS_IUSRS" full control ntfs permissions for the folders: c:\ProgramData\MPExtended and c:\Windows\Temp, or at least the change permission.

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I installed the full IIS and now MP Extended works (I also deleted all the directories in full, which I did not do before, so I am not sure what was causing this).

But I can not get WebMP to work (should I move there?). I added the application to my IIS, but it complains when I try to look at the configuration that line 9 that there is a duplicate entry of Add with "ClientVerificationEnabled" as key could not be added.

Code:
    <configuration>  
      <appSettings>
        <add key="ClientValidationEnabled" value="true"/>

Any ideas?
    You can try to delete that line? Sorry, I haven't tested it with IIS 8 yet. Might also be useful to open your own topic ;)

@Oxan I have an iPad here at the house... get with me and I can run some tests for you.
    anything new aboit getting MP extender to work with IPAD?
    A bit patience please, I haven't had time to look into it yet.

I mean the VLC player for IPAD, to watch stream for live TV from WEB Browswe
    Using VLC from the browser on the iPad will never happen due Apple's extremely closed platform. In the best case we'll get HTTP Live Streaming working sometime in the future.

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had this problem when i went from the old version to the new one and to solve it i had to uninstall it and delete the files/folders left behind in program filesx86/MPExtended and in programdata/MPExtended and then re installed and everything works fine since :)
    Hi Atomic.
    Your workaround Seems to work! Thank you for all your unbelievable work and effort!
    Maybe the issues with WebMediaportal can be addressed to this malfunction? Just guessing...

Regards, Fafnir

BoelShit

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oops nothing! You can't think of every permutation of usage!

I would say that Safari doesn't need HTTP Live Streaming, since Flash works fine. The problem comes from the default profile setting when you have a household where users have both iOS devices and other devices (mac, PC or android). Like I say, the simplest way might be to let different user accounts set different streaming profiles and make all the iOS devices log on using a different user account to the rest of the users.

I'd definately like OSX with Safari support to use the HTTP Live Streaming. Flash just hogs the cpu on OSX and turns up the heat on my MacBook for example.
    BTW Safari for Windows doesnt support HTTP Live Streaming so Flash is the way to go there.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've read hundreds of google hits on hls, httplive, etc. and was looking for a difference between iPhone and iPad. Now finally I've found something: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8682734/http-streamin-server-works-on-iphone-fails-on-ipad-safari
    I couldn't test, yet but could this be the reason?
    The path can't be the problem (that one is already a fully qualified path), but I can try to add the autoplay option.

I'd definately like OSX with Safari support to use the HTTP Live Streaming. Flash just hogs the cpu on OSX and turns up the heat on my MacBook for example.
    HTTP Live Streaming will be enabled for Mac OS X in 0.5.1.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Thanks for all your efforts, Oxan - much appreciated!

I am also happy to help in testing this myself as time permits, but when it comes to "web-programming" I'm a real noob...
    Can you point me to the relevant files in wwwroot? I didn't find anything by doing a stupid search and my fear is that I'm not able to find anything because all that stuff is generated dynamically. If that's the case, I would try to check out the code from github and see how far i get :D

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom