[Approved] Updated language files for Swedish (1 Viewer)

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Nice work but being a spelling freak (when it comes to Swedish, I know my English is bad :)) I would like to suggest some changes that I hope you can consider:

In MediaPortal.DeployTool.sv-SE.resx:
    - "standard platser", "standard inställningar", "installations plats", "Nerladdnings länk", "internet uppkoppling" etc should be one word.
    - Perhaps Klient instead of Client?
    - I think we need a better wording for "Singel klicks installation" - Enklicksinstallation?
    - There are references to MediaPortal 1.0, shouldn't that be 1.1?
    - "Singleseat installation" is more English than Swedish, would "Kombinerad installation" work?
    - Dedicerad is often seen in Swedish but Dedikerad is the preferred spelling.
    - Line 185, 344 and 359, misspelling of "giltig"
    - No space before "!", "?", "," etc.
    - I would suggest "Ditt operativsystem stöds ej då Microsoft inte har släppt flera hotfixar som behövs. Fortsätt på egen risk" on line 442
    - Perhaps Kontrollera (or at least one l less i Kolla) on line 447
    - I prefer Uppgradera instead of Uppdatera (and you use uppgradera on several places), maybe change it on line 489 as well?

In strings_sv.xml:
    - The preferred translation of Skin seems to be Skal but I don't know, Skin is rather well established in Swedish as well. The same goes for feed (RSS-feed etc) thats often translated to ström.
    - Line 955, "Hoppa över konflikterande inspelning(ar)" is creative but perhaps "Hoppa över inspelning(ar) i konflikt" is better?
    - No space before "!", "?", "," etc.
    - Line 1559, misspelled Gratulerar
    - Line 1634 "Copy now playing spam to clipboard" - when is this used? "Kopiera skräpet som spelas nu"? :)

anders.malm

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    Sollentuna
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Elof, thx for having a look. I newer took a complete look at all of the translations I just completed the ones that was missing. However I have now corrected the one that you pointed out except "Skin". I also found some other minor things that I fixed.

There is still some words that is not translated that I couldn't find some good Swedish for. Maybe You can have another look.

/Anders

Attachments

• strings_sv.rar
      30.6 KB
    • MediaPortal.DeployTool.sv-SE.rar
      30.7 KB

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2007
    Elof, I hereby night you to be the new Horace Engdahl ;)
    If you wanna contribute with your mad skills in swedish, you are certainly welcome to do so.
    To see "särskrivningar" makes my throat close up...but you can save me and all the others.
    Enough frolicing, back to work...:)

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Nice to see more swedes in this thread, but I'm no Horace... :)

Where getting close! I've adjusted some särskrivningar (guess there isn't an English word for that since they always write in that way...), found some more spelling errors and made minor changes to correct the grammar. I've also made some changes that may need some discussion:

In the installer:
    "One Click Installation" = "Enkel installation" (in opposite to Advanced installation)
    “Singleseat Installation” = “Kombinerad installation”
    “MediaPortal Installation Tool” = “MediaPortal Installationsverktyg” (was “MediaPortal Deploy Tool”)

We should find a good tagline in Swedish to replace “The FREE OpenSource MediaCenter”. “Gratis” and “öppen källkod” is simple but is there a good word for MediaCenter? Mediaspelare? Multimediaprogram? Multimediacenter?

DBMSType_lbMSSQL_disabled is a bit odd, “(learn here why)”. Is it used as a link to more information? If so, I think that “(mer information)” is a better translation.

In MediaPortal:
    There’s some words that’s hard to translate, I don’t want to replace “Credit” with “Ära”… Any suggestions on these:
    Pixel ratio
    Skin
    Credit
    Timeshift
    Plugin (instick is recommended)
    Trailers
    Basic Home

Some translations I’ve made:
    TV Shows = TV-serier
    Yield = Vinst
    Edit = Redigera (instead of editera regarding video editor)
    Videos = Filmer (except for musikvideor)

33040 is still bugging me; “Copy now playing spam to clipboard”. The German version doesn’t make it any clearer: “Aktuellen Titel für IRC in die Zwischenablage kopieren”. I (or someone else) need to check what’s copied. I believe you get this option when you right click a song or CD.

I also found one oddities but I don’t know the context of the words:
    699 TV Main is translated to Välj

I would love to see a broad discussion about the wordings and language we would like to see in MediaPortal. I for my self needs to spend some time surfing round in the application to see how the different texts are used in 1.1.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.DeployTool.sv-SE.resx.zip
      30.7 KB
    • strings_sv.zip
      30.6 KB

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2007
    Some words are not translatable(is that a word?)
    Words like skin(tema perhaps is a good translation), timeshift and trailers for example are words used by people in general and shouldnt be translated in my opinion.

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I tend to agree but that's mainly because I work with computers and use a lot of English words in my daily job. My mother-in-law (65+) is choosing between a HD-PVR from the cable company and a HTCP that I can build for her. She has no idea what Skin, Credit or Share means. I think she can guess the meaning of plugin ("plugga in" is rather common in Swedish) and has probably heard Trailer but that is a word that is awful to use in Swedish. "Har du sett dom nya trailarna" doesn't sound good in my ears and I don't want to use plural-s either.

If we want MP to be used outside the nerd community I think we should try to make it usable for all, even my mother. :)

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2007
    And I agree to some extent to your reasoning. Only your mother-in-law(Bless her heart) is in for a heap of trouble getting a htpc used for tv. Its so unstable its pretty much useless for someone that don't now how to, for example, reset a service or for that matter restart MP. Just last night I laid in my bed watching tele, it hung completely 3 times on different channels, only remedy was to press stop twice and start tv again. I think we should be seeing Final Releases instead of RC1 and that kind before getting our relatives grey hair. Just my 50 öre ;)

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If it's OK with anders.malm and the developers maybe the latest version of the files can be included in RC2? That will be the first 1.1-version I'll use in production which will give me more input from family and friends. Hopefully we can involve more swedes in the discussion leading up to a perfect translation for the final 1.1.

BTW, I have a central TV-server with five DVB-T receivers and the family use four computers in the house for watching TV. The system can go unattended for months so a 1.0.2-system can be really stable!

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2007
    The keyword is CAN ;)
    Anyway keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing your translations in and out of MP.

Users who are viewing this thread