Using an External Bluray / HD-DVD Player (1 Viewer)

Jaybeam

Portal Member
December 28, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
This option is exactly what I'm looking for, and it works great with TMT3 but here's the thing.

I have dual monitor setup and I would like TMT3 to play immediatly on my second monitor (HDTV) and this is what I tried without luck.
ctrl+alt+left is my ultramon hotkey for sending an aplication to my second monitor, so I made an executable script with AutoIT

Code:
Run ("C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uDigital Theatre.exe", "")
WinWaitActive ("ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 3", "", 15)
Send ("^!{LEFT}", 0)
WinWaitClose ("ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 3")

Under the advanced settings of Moving Pictures I have set

Executable
C:\Users\Rudy\AppData\Roaming\Intelliremote\Moving Pictures TMT.exe (=location of my script)
Command-line Arguments
"%filename%"

TMT3 starts nicely on my HDTV but doesn't play the movie.
Does anyone have an idea what should the trick.

Update:

I have tried a different aproach with succes.
Instead of Moving Pictures calling the script, I have set to run as explained in the guide.
To make TMT3 open in my second monitor, I have made an Executable script that keeps running in an infinite loop at Windows startup.
This script looks if TMT is started and then shifts it to the other monitor without interupting the Moving Pictures command line.

Code:
While 1=1
ProcessWait ("uDigital Theatre.exe")
WinWaitActive ("ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 3", "", 20)
Send ("^!{LEFT}", 0)
ProcessWaitClose ("uDigital Theatre.exe")
WEnd

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I am having a problem whereby the file being passed to the HD player is the index.bdmv file,and not the m2ts file.

I have the following folder structure:

Movie Name/BDMV/index.bdmv
    Movie Name/BDMV/STREAM/000001.m2ts

The movie is picked up correctly and added as a HD movie. When trying to play it the HD external player is launched. However - the filename passed is the path to the index.bdmv file.

From looking at the code quickly I was under the impression that Moving Pictures would look in the STREAM folder for the largest m2ts file (I only have one, at 36GB), and then it should play this?

Any ideas/pointers?
    :D

Jaybeam

Portal Member
    December 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    The index.bdmv path is correct. This way it will not start the main feature of your BD, but will the BD started as is.
    Meaning your BD will start as iff you start from your BD-player with menus and everything.

Jaybeam

Portal Member
    December 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    If you just want the main feature of the movie, you can remux your BD with TSmuxer and put in nothing more than the movie and the desired streams.
    This way you also want have no problems with seamless branching. You can load the BD first with BDInfo, see what playlist is for the movie and load the playlist in TSmuxer.
    (playlist=mpls file)
    I do this al the time and this way you can also mux in srt subs.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi there,

I'm using the external player for bluray. What I want is to start the bluray and change my refreshrate and desktop resolution. I followed the wiki for that. But couldn't succeed. This is what I did in the advanced options of moving pictures:

Executable (external player)
    C:\Program Files\DisplayChanger\dc.exe (path to 12noon display changer)

Command line arguments (external player)
    -width=1920 -height=1080 -depth=max -refresh=23.976 -apply -quiet "C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uDigital Theatre.exe" "%filename%"

When I go to moving pictures and start a bluray movie (stored on hard disk), the movie starts in the external player, my tv is searching for a new signal, but when the signal is back the refresh rate and desktop resolution stay the same (1280*720@50hz) as before.

So there must be something wrong with my command line arguments, but I can't figure out what. Normally I use these commands with the internal player, and they always work.

Can someone help?
    Thx

Users who are viewing this thread