various problems (1 Viewer)

ricm

July 3, 2006
first of all, sorry for my english.

i have some problems. i cant press de search button, it seems to be disabled.

i can only run mediaportal whit my adminsitrator account and not whit the other ones

thaks for the help

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country

Do you mean in MediaPortal somewhere or these forums itself?

i can only run mediaportal whit my adminsitrator account and not whit the other ones

When you installed the software, you were given the choice to allow Mediaportal to be run by either Just you (administrator) or Everyone. Obviously I think you might have select 'Just me' option.

ricm

July 3, 2006
    Callifo said:

Do you mean in MediaPortal somewhere or these forums itself?

When you installed the software, you were given the choice to allow Mediaportal to be run by either Just you (administrator) or Everyone. Obviously I think you might have select 'Just me' option.

1- in mediaportal

2- i installed it with the everyone option, but to be sure i reinstaled it and i had the same problem

ricm

July 3, 2006
    a screenshot can help

and another question, after the scan in mediaportal, some song names changed to unknow- unknown, is there something i can do to make mediaportal display the filename of the songs? or undo the scan?

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Change your view to anything else than "Shares". You cannot search the DB in shares view, cause "Shares" does not use the DB.

ricm

July 3, 2006
    mPod said:
    Change your view to anything else than "Shares". You cannot search the DB in shares view, cause "Shares" does not use the DB.
    thaks, i works now. but i dont know what to do to solve de unknown songs.
    :cry:

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To take full advantage of MP's current and future MP3 features you should tag your files. There are several applications around that can assist you there. If you convert your audio CDs to MP3 using MP, they should all be properly tagged already (if there was an internet db entry for it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and check.
    You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and...
    I don't have a TV card in my HTPC setup, so I really only use plugins that browse and show media files, like MP TV-Series, Moving...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom