Viaplay for Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark (1 Viewer)

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The adult content is reachable through the web browser so It shouldnt be a problem to make it work in the plugin...
    I'm not going to add it.
    1) I don't want to add it
    2) There's going to be a lot of extra work to do it, extra api calls, extra web browser automation
    3) I have to mark the site as "Adult", then the users needs to enter pin to be able to use the site (or disable adult or pin). Hence low usability and annoyance.

P.S.
    But you or anyone else that are interested could do it, the site is open source, and publish as a new site.
    And, there are plenty of adult already in OnlineVideos

stounedi

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    I have a problem with HBO Nordic (Finland):
    Topbar stays visible all the time.
    Translation:
    TV-Sarjat = TV-Series
    Elokuvat = Movies
    Minun HBO:ni = My HBO
    Kirjaudu ulos = Log off

Screenshot:
    HBO.jpg

If I use my mouse and click "Full Screen" it goes away. But I'm using MP mainly with my remote. And also I think it isnt supposed to stay on top of video all the time.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a problem with HBO Nordic (Finland):
    Topbar stays visible all the time.
    Translation:
    TV-Sarjat = TV-Series
    Elokuvat = Movies
    Minun HBO:ni = My HBO
    Kirjaudu ulos = Log off

If I use my mouse and click "Full Screen" it goes away. But I'm using MP mainly with my remote. And also I think it isnt supposed to stay on top of video all the time.
    Ok, thanks for reporting. I haven't used HBO nordic since I made this OnlineVideos site, something on their web page must have changed.
    Does everything work OK? I never did get watchable video quality (lots of stuttering) and it was hit and miss when playing videos, needed to go back and try again often.

I do not have an account at the moment, I can see if I can register a free trail account again. If so I might take a peek next week maybe.

mascot

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Recently I've been having wierd problems with viaplay. Computer completely crashes after watching live sport for a while. Playback is very jerky (and I'm on 1000/1000 mbit fiber).

I've tried things with silverlight, unchecking/checking hardware acceleration but nothing seems to help. I read on viaplay support pages that they no longer officially support google chrome since silverlight is a plugin and not included in the software itself, but maybe I got it all wrong...

/edit

Watching on my laptop in chrome with windows 7 works fine so the problem seem to be mediaportal related. 1.10.0, windows 8.1. Ill come back with logs.

Last edited:

mascot

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My logs. I know streamedMP is not officially supporting mp 1.10.0 but everything else works fine except viaplay

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Viaplay doesn't use Chrome at all. The browser player is a windows forms application that uses components form internet explorer. One thing you could try is to empty cache and remove cookies in internet explorer and also open silverlight configuration and delete the application storage (do not disable it).

If problems still occur reinstall silverlight.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @stounedi and @zekaja if you're not afraid to be guinea pigs, you could try out the new OnlineVideos 2.0 Beta. I have fixed the top menu problem of HBO Nordic. Use the dll attached to the beta tread in post #21.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom