Video with subtitles is corrupted with 1.4.0 pre in XP (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks David :)

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you look @ attached patch ? :)
    Looks good. Clear and simple. On XP override PureDevice to a just Hardware and still goes for software vertices on the crappy GPUs as their is no other choice at all.

Actually - I've also got a 1st Gen netbook running XP (not powerful enough to run MP properly, but I should be able to check it runs at least....)
    For a check this would be great. MP does not need to run smooth at all here for such a test.

... just for feedback and to complete the picture (not knowing, if this maybe points to other problems or is strictly XP related):
    I didn't use subtitles at all and the problems I had manifested in fontengine and lost / crashed DX device, e.g. when just scrolling/navigating in a list facade view.
    If this goes beyond XP for some stuff in general, then I we have no choicebut taking out the pure device as a quick fix. This would indicate some bigger underlying problems in the D3D area that only shows on a pure device (most likely fontengine and Graphics Context. Probably not correct list of vertices). Pure Device is a stupid name. It just means everything is done in hardware and not "emulated" by the GPU driver in some way or only part in hardware.

Yes, there is some performance penalty here not using a pure device when you could, but it is negligible for the way MP does stuff. We can go up to pure device, but we don't have to. No one would really see the difference anyway.

Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    As said the underlying problem is in the subtitle rendering itself.
    ... just for feedback and to complete the picture (not knowing, if this maybe points to other problems or is strictly XP related):
    I didn't use subtitles at all and the problems I had manifested in fontengine and lost / crashed DX device, e.g. when just scrolling/navigating in a list facade view.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Great Guys, i will update the branch with new patch and see if it's ok on GM3xxx from your back reports :)

Thanks Scythe again :)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Any chance to fix my and @Al_Capone's tearing during this duscussion? :)

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Will be hard for me, it doesn't happen on 1.3.0 right ?

Did you post some log + sample to grab ? maybe it's on dshowhelper side ?

lol a lot of question :)

GiN_negro

Portal Member
    April 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi all. Im a rookie with this kind of things and I also have the XP+Subtitle problem. How is this Fix patch installed?
    Thanks a lot!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom