What kind of skin would you like to see? (1 Viewer)

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Fidoboy I think its great that you are helping out with the skinning but do you really need a skinning tool?

Take advantage of the layouts (stack and grid), natural selection and imports and you can reduce the amount of markup by 50% of more. Give it a little time and you'll do more in less time in a text editor that you will in a WYSIWIG editor.

In an ideal world the skinning engine would already be using relative coordinates and then life would be even better, not to mention the availability of features already coded but not usable due to the absolute coordinate system currently in use... everyone should PM mPod and make him do some work for a change!!!

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
Smirnuff said:
Take advantage of the layouts (stack and grid), natural selection and imports
Sorry to be a pain but what do these terms mean? Is there a document giving an overview of skinning. I have been playing around using a text editor and things have changed more by luck than judgement. Is there a list of objects that are available and their parameters? Or is it just a matter of look at others and see what hey have done?

Ta MC

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've used these Icons a while on my (former) Ubuntu machine. They are real artwork. You've found the artist fast! On the other hand, you've found him in the most logical place to look :)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Bram said:
    I've used these Icons a while on my (former) Ubuntu machine. They are real artwork. You've found the artist fast! On the other hand, you've found him in the most logical place to look :)

True but have found that some people (no one specifically comes to mind) don't search very well when looking for answers, so I thought I'd help those folks out.

NLS

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    erm... it is the first google result if you give "gant icons"

not too hard, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread