What means limit diskpace? (1 Viewer)

STSC

Portal Pro
December 4, 2004
Germany
Hi,

can anybody please explain what the feature "limit diskspace used for recordings" in the setup is used for.
When I set it to 100%, what does that mean?

Thanks!

Jetboy

Portal Pro
April 15, 2005
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I suspect you can tell MediaPortal how much disk space it's ok to use for recorded tv. Let's say you have a 100 GB disk where you record your tv. If you set the limit to 70%, it will never use more than 70 GB for tv recordings. If you set it to 100%, it will use whatever space is left on the disk.

Reasons for limiting disk space could be to make sure you have enough space for the windows swap file, or to keep 15% free so you can defragment the drive. It might have other uses as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
This plugin is alternate version to the original World Weather plugin developed by @Micropolis. Is compatible with MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
Yup....I've always set it to shares :) .....and just to repeat....all good in 1.30...!
Yup....I've always set it to shares :) .....and just to repeat....all good in 1.30...!
Have used MP1 for some years now....and without problems :) Problem now....is that I can see my Video folders....but they won't...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Recorded TV questions!! DE
Thanks for that.....sorted now I think!! :)
Thanks for that.....sorted now I think!! :)
Hi.....have used MP1 for some years now....and finally got around to giving MP2 a real go today :) Having setup a TV recordings...
Replies
Views
That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
Replies
Views
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom