What means limit diskpace? (1 Viewer)

STSC

Portal Pro
December 4, 2004
Germany
Hi,

can anybody please explain what the feature "limit diskspace used for recordings" in the setup is used for.
When I set it to 100%, what does that mean?

Thanks!

Jetboy

Portal Pro
April 15, 2005
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I suspect you can tell MediaPortal how much disk space it's ok to use for recorded tv. Let's say you have a 100 GB disk where you record your tv. If you set the limit to 70%, it will never use more than 70 GB for tv recordings. If you set it to 100%, it will use whatever space is left on the disk.

Reasons for limiting disk space could be to make sure you have enough space for the windows swap file, or to keep 15% free so you can defragment the drive. It might have other uses as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well, thank you. Knowing that it is not the same Media Portal does help me, so I know I do not have to look into this any further. You are right, I think I just contact to Edision support next. Best regards
Well, thank you. Knowing that it is not the same Media Portal does help me, so I know I do not have to look into this any further...
Hi, I am new to this whole topic. I got a linux receiver Edision "OS nino+" and installed MediaPortal there. Unfortunately it does...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 No video. DE
Probably there is a conflict with other LAV versions. You may uninstall MP2 once and afterwards remove (backup) all settings in “/Program Data/Team MediaPortal/“. E.g. moving them to desktop. Then try reinstalling MP2.
Probably there is a conflict with other LAV versions. You may uninstall MP2 once and afterwards remove (backup) all settings in...
I've just installed Portal 2 (never having used, nor installed Portal 1 before). I ran the TV setup, It found the channels I...
Replies
Views
I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I discovered that my other two Mediaportal Client PCs running Windows 10 would no longer work. I now have them both working and as I could not find any discussions on similar problems, I thought I would just post my...
I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
Replies
Views
As the TVEngine is same, is it not possible to take over some MP1 code pieces here or is it fully player dependent? So far not, this could be achieved. But at first the infos need to be existing.
As the TVEngine is same, is it not possible to take over some MP1 code pieces here or is it fully player dependent? So far not...
Hello, after round about a decade of using MP1 I decided to test the so far most current version of MP2. Overall I like it very...
Replies
Views
OK, thanks for letting me know. I'll keep my fingers crossed for future developments.
OK, thanks for letting me know. I'll keep my fingers crossed for future developments.
I'm using MP 2.4 and wonder if the TV Server is capable of recognising that the programme currently being recorded is overrunning...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom