What should I add to MyPictures? (3 Viewers)

asagala

Portal Pro
December 13, 2008
Montreal
Home Country
Canada Canada
Looking to add features to MyPictures. What is everyone looking for?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

How about an option to show an exif comment/description while in fulscreen/slideshow?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Adding support for the little video files that cameras can take would be good in IMHO.

Similar to the work being done here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ctures-also-includes-videos-34512/index3.html

I think these clips belong with the photos rather than videos.

Thanks
    Darro

+1 too.

Also I would appreciate, if the picture database could be improved into the direction of the musicDB, that is:
    - Onlinewatching/Updates if Pictures being added in the directories including thumb creation
    - more databasefields to allow "tagging" of photocollection (date, topic, gps-coord, etc.)
    - A search function to search for tagged photos ("kids", "family", "2008", etc.)

regards,
    Guzzi

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You should make sure that pictures are not cropped when using filmstrip-mode, that is the main reason why I don't watch my +10.000 pictures on my TV, but on my PC.

If you have pictures in both landscape and portrait, MediaPortal crops them to same height/width in Filmstrip, instead of adding a black border on top/bottom or left/right.

Thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've updated dlls in first post. Fixes: Summary / Overview was always empty Collections were not filtered to official ones Studios were not populated Fallback to english tagline didn't work Score / Popularity now empty instead of dummy rating and unknown popularity numbers Also I've tried to compile plugin against MP 1.34 x64 and...
    I've updated dlls in first post. Fixes: Summary / Overview was always empty Collections were not filtered to official ones Studios...
    Hi! TheTVDB.com has movies in their API now. API itself looks ok now so I decided to add TVDB to Moving Pictures. Check it if you...
    Replies
    Views
    I solved it myself, by modifying the host IP-address in the server table of the database, MariaDB [(none)]> use mptvdb; Database changed MariaDB [mptvdb]> SELECT * FROM Server; +----------+----------+--------------+----------+ | idServer | isMaster | hostName | rtspPort | +----------+----------+--------------+----------+ |...
    I solved it myself, by modifying the host IP-address in the server table of the database, MariaDB [(none)]> use mptvdb; Database...
    Hello everyone, I'm going to need help from the community to resolve a TV server crash issue. I encountered a problem with my...
    Replies
    Views
    Please check the wiki, which explains how to prepare and use MP2. If files are stored as mp4, mkv, avi, ... does not really matter.
    Please check the wiki, which explains how to prepare and use MP2. If files are stored as mp4, mkv, avi, ... does not really matter.
    I am running MP2 on a computer running Windows 10 Pro. When I start MP2 I see a screen displaying square images to the left ...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, it looks like the Client's server connection settings got corrupted somehow and were reset, hopefully this is an easy fix. Open MP2-Client, navigate to Settings->General->Connectivity->Home server. In the menu on the left there may be an option Detach from home server, if there is click it and acknowledge the dialog that pops up...
    Hi, it looks like the Client's server connection settings got corrupted somehow and were reset, hopefully this is an easy fix...
    Help Please: MP doesnt display any of my previouse recordings or TV programs It seems like the Server isnt running? MP was working...
    Replies
    Views
    It appears that the links on the page for the downloads of pre-release 1.33 and 1.33 x64 are reversed. I just accidentally installed x64. My bad for not looking closely.
    It appears that the links on the page for the downloads of pre-release 1.33 and 1.33 x64 are reversed. I just accidentally...
    It appears that the links on the page for the downloads of pre-release 1.33 and 1.33 x64 are reversed. I just accidentally...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom