What should I add to MyPictures? (1 Viewer)

asagala

Portal Pro
December 13, 2008
Montreal
Home Country
Canada Canada
Looking to add features to MyPictures. What is everyone looking for?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

How about an option to show an exif comment/description while in fulscreen/slideshow?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Adding support for the little video files that cameras can take would be good in IMHO.

Similar to the work being done here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ctures-also-includes-videos-34512/index3.html

I think these clips belong with the photos rather than videos.

Thanks
    Darro

+1 too.

Also I would appreciate, if the picture database could be improved into the direction of the musicDB, that is:
    - Onlinewatching/Updates if Pictures being added in the directories including thumb creation
    - more databasefields to allow "tagging" of photocollection (date, topic, gps-coord, etc.)
    - A search function to search for tagged photos ("kids", "family", "2008", etc.)

regards,
    Guzzi

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You should make sure that pictures are not cropped when using filmstrip-mode, that is the main reason why I don't watch my +10.000 pictures on my TV, but on my PC.

If you have pictures in both landscape and portrait, MediaPortal crops them to same height/width in Filmstrip, instead of adding a black border on top/bottom or left/right.

Thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It appears that the links on the page for the downloads of pre-release 1.33 and 1.33 x64 are reversed. I just accidentally installed x64. My bad for not looking closely.
    It appears that the links on the page for the downloads of pre-release 1.33 and 1.33 x64 are reversed. I just accidentally...
    It appears that the links on the page for the downloads of pre-release 1.33 and 1.33 x64 are reversed. I just accidentally...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks guys for your help so far, I'll check out the info.
    Thanks guys for your help so far, I'll check out the info.
    Hi, I've been using MP2 for a couple of years now. And I was wondering how easy would it be (for me) to add extra features to the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
    I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
    Replies
    Views
    This is an English thread. the problem is not described clearly, but it’s the question is about auto login of an user in MP2 and not windows.
    This is an English thread. the problem is not described clearly, but it’s the question is about auto login of an user in MP2 and...
    I thought I'd done all necessary steps to get Auto Login to work though it seems not. Manual login gets me to what I'm looking for...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom