Completed whats under the hood ;) (2 Viewers)

A

Anonymous

I've actually got the following up and running with LiveTV. It's just for research, but the only thing I plan on changing is buying the Hauppage PVR-250 and a wireless keyboard/mouse combo. The animations is MP look great and and I can use the guide and watch TV. Recording doesn't work that well, though because the vidcard is not hardware-encoding.

- Biostar M6TBA PII - 600MHz Mobo
- 320MB PC100(?) RAM
- ATI All In Wonder with 800x600 TV support and S-video out
- MediaPortal
- SB Live! w/digital output

Does anyone else have MP running well (recording and timeshifting) on a 600MHz or lower machine with a Hauppage PVR-250? How is it working?

A

Anonymous

MY HTPC:

Abit IS7-E2G
Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz PC800
2x TwinMOS PC3200 DDR-DIMM 512MB
2x Western Digital Caviar 200GB
Hauppauge! WinTV PVR350
ATI 9250 128MB DDR, 64bit AGP
Gainward Hollywood@Home 7.1
NEC DVD-burner ND-3500A

Casper

Portal Member
October 20, 2004
Gothenburg, Sweden
Cheapest, ugliest pc-case ever which I regret using. I would swap it out if it wasn't for all the soundproofing material i put in it which took 3.5h to get in there.

Duron 1.3GHz (which has no problems with MP despite being below recomended spec).

512 mb ddr ram.

80gb hard drive.

PVR 150

NEC 1300 dvd-burner

Onboard GeForce4 mx440 with TV-out that won't work with my new TV. :( Currently using a borrowed VGA->TV scan converter which produces a horrible TV-picture. Getting a Radeon 9250 which hopefully will work with the TV to replace it.

alimk

Portal Member
January 26, 2005
amd athalon 64 3200+

512 mb ddr ram

200 gb sata hdd

8x dvd/ 32x cd rom combo

cd reader

nvidia gforce 5500 which has dual display options, 256MB ddr, 128bit

ati tv wonder pro (with remote control)

trojkolka

Portal Pro
December 24, 2004
The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
P4S8X-X Mobo
P4 2,8 GHz
512 mb DDRam PC2700 333MHz
VGA ATI Radeon 9200 SE
DVD ROM 16x Player
CD (re)writer Plexwriter 12/10/32A
ATX MIDI STD 300w (case)
Pinnacle PCTV Stereo + Remote
HDD 80GB 7200rpm 8mb Cache (2 times)

A

Anonymous

Hardware:
Case: SilverStone SST-LC03VS, silver with VFD-Display 2x16
Power Supply: Be Quiet! BQT Black 400W S1.3
Motherboard: MSI K7N2-V
CPU/RAM: AMD Athlon 2600+, 512MB
Graphik: Asus V9520 Magic, 128MB RAM, GeForce FX 5200, passive cooled
TV-Card-1: Hauppauge WinTV PVR 350 (Analog)
TV-Card-2: Hauppauge Nexus-CA (Analog/Digital)
Soundcard: Soundblaster Live! 5.1 Digital
Speakers: Creative Inspire T5400
Drive1: Maxtor 60MB
Drive2: Maxtor 300MB
Drive3: AOpen-1648 Chameleon DVD-ROM
TV: PHILIPS-Stereo-Fernseher 21-5458

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other than to record scheduled programs) Activated Power Scheduler and ticked all boxes under EPG tag (XmLTv guide now downloaded and installed as scheduled) I think my problem with MP 1.32 install re scheduled...
Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other...
I have just installed MP 2.4 I have set up for ICE TV XMTV guide Followed all instructions for set up ( as for MP 1 ) Guide...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
Replies
Views
MediaPortal 2 has much less configuration options compared to MediaPortal 1 and Kodi and as for any other modern HTPC software it can be configured in the client without usage of external tools. The surface of PlayerFab is unknown to me, but "google search" tells me it's made not for our target group. Because of that and missing...
MediaPortal 2 has much less configuration options compared to MediaPortal 1 and Kodi and as for any other modern HTPC software it...
The latter is not quite a Full Media Centre yet, but its good for the Developers of Media Portal2 And Kodi to be aware of whats...
Replies
Views
I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
Replies
Views
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom