Will Media Portal work with xbox 360 (1 Viewer)

dulow

November 20, 2005
Fresno
I was lookin for a free route in order to get my pc and 360 streaming videos but will this program work....Im New and just found out about this program any info would be great!

strontium

Portal Pro
May 19, 2005
UK
I am afraid not , the xbox 360 is used as an MCE extender. So it requires MCE to stream video and even then it will only be saved tv and wmv files (no divx or xvid). If you have XP you can stream mp3's and look at photo's via media connect.

Sindal

December 19, 2005
Is there any hope that MP will get to support MCE in the short term future (within 6 month)?

Cuz i got meself a 360 and being like i am, want the most out of it.
So i got XP media center ed. install on me labtop in the hope that i would be able to stream vidz and TV to the box... Sadly i havent come to that stage yet cuz MC does not support my TV card, and it being square Microsoft making it, i dont see anyway for it to atualy using it.

IF there is any devs currently working on this, gimmy a PM and il happely help test :)

stobarto

March 24, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
my friend has MC and alot of his divx etc does not work either. i am too cheap to buy MC so i downloaded this (Media Portal) but cant seem to get it to register on my xbox 360. i go to media center thingy and it tells me to go to microsoft website and download MC. what am i doing wrong?? i dont want video just music help please:eek: :confused: :confused: :D

strontium

Portal Pro
May 19, 2005
UK
MC (media connect I presume) is free, it is only XP MCE (XP media centre edition) which costs money.
MC is now included in WMP 11, so you should just install this instead, it should then allow you to connect to your music and photo's although I have not used this method personally.

stobarto

March 24, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
yes i do mean MCE being media centre :sorry: but i think i have this new WMP but this dont work neither. i saw another thread somewhere and it said that they were not able to watch videos. i was just thinking that it was me doing something wrong.
:D :D :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
@Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
@Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
Replies
Views
I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
Replies
Views
I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
Replies
Views
If I understand correctly, your device is combination of DVB-C tuner, router and some web access to play the channels in PC web browser. You can sniff http comunication with the help of Wireshark or Fiddler to determine channel url which can be used to create IPTV channel in TV server. If the url is not static(changes dynamically)...
If I understand correctly, your device is combination of DVB-C tuner, router and some web access to play the channels in PC web...
So, I appear to have done a successful install of Media Portal (MP2 vers. 2.5) on my Windows 10 machine but I can't get it to get...
Replies
Views
I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom