Portal Pro
March 20, 2005
Sweden
My first embedded MP

The first test core is finisht...

Start time boot to win loaded 6 sec
MP start up MyHome 4 sec

Sytem sice w/o MP 82 mb

So far it´s stable and fast a mean fast fast.....
Gone keep on workin to optimec the core...
This gone rock!!!!! Hard

Cheers

tkortell

Portal Pro
April 13, 2005
Vaasa / Sulva
Home Country
Finland Finland
Re: My first embedded MP

laeb66 said:

MP start up MyHome 4 sec

Cheers

Nice! Thats fast... If I only had another spear computer to play around with, but I don't think my girlfriend whould like it if I bought another one...

R / tk

mr_minning

Portal Member
October 30, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

laeb66 said:

MP start up MyHome 4 sec

Sytem sice w/o MP 82 mb

This gone rock!!!!! Hard

Cheers

Sweet! How did you do it? Any chance of a small "how to"? :)

laeb66

Portal Pro
March 20, 2005
Sweden

mr_minning said:
laeb66 said:

MP start up MyHome 4 sec

Sytem sice w/o MP 82 mb

This gone rock!!!!! Hard

Cheers

Sweet! How did you do it? Any chance of a small "how to"? :)

First one running nice.. some small issue with ..net 2...Have contact with MS and waitng for answer...But MP rc 2 with CVS 31-01-06 running stable long as i I remember to kill Mediaportal.exe process when I exit MP..
No big deal it´s a MP bug, have the same problem on my main system to...

cheers

RoyN

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
Its not for wince, its for XPe, which is basically Windows XP for embedded devices....

And it isnt an executable, it is the entire OS tailored for that specific need (in this case, MP).

You can download the XP Embedded evaluation toolkit from MS, and I think you can use that without timelimit, you just cant distribute it in an embedded form... (IIRC)... also, iirc, it is a bit of a biatch to setup, so be prepared for it to not work the first time around...

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

So far I have installed an MP1 server and MP1 clients. Now I want to connect a Raspi to the MP server. Is there a HowTO for this? I installed the MPserverKodi plugin, shared the corresponding directories, and activated smb under Windows. Nevertheless, Kodi remains with the message 'PVR Manager is being tested: 0%
So far I have installed an MP1 server and MP1 clients. Now I want to connect a Raspi to the MP server. Is there a HowTO for this? I...
So far I have installed an MP1 server and MP1 clients. Now I want to connect a Raspi to the MP server. Is there a HowTO for this? I...
Replies
Views
I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
Replies
Views
It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
Replies
Views
The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP client. MP 1.33 will have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both the MP client and TV Server. My understanding is that it will not be possible to perform an upgrade install from a 64-bit client + 32-bit TV...
The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP...
This is on a windows 11 latest rev OS: This particular component has been very frustrating. I'm a new potential user, trying to...
Replies
Views
Are you trying to use a remote control or a keyboard? You can customise your input devices using the "Remotes and Other Input Devices" section in "MP Config". Using the "HID" tab, you can: Customise your remote control, and/or Customise your keyboard. Select one or both devices, and then pick the config that you are going to use...
Are you trying to use a remote control or a keyboard? You can customise your input devices using the "Remotes and Other Input...
Is there some way to change the raw mapping of the windows media center remote? With Hid Demo I find that the 'stop' button...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom