MP2 - V2.1 xmltv import complains about the xml, but you can't read the messsage to understand why (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggie Schaffnit

Portal Member
September 16, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
upload_2017-3-12_23-2-21.png

When expanding the window, the text boxen don't expand to show all the text. (I'll give you the one with the directory. :) )

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    "An Item with the same key has already been used" (or similar). This means, the xml file contains more than one program for exactly the same time frame. This can happen, if there are locally different programs are aired at the same time. This is something the xmltv plugin can not handle. Which tool do you use to create the xml? Maybe you can change some settings there to avoid this...

Reggie Schaffnit

Portal Member
    September 16, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I assume you mean that there is more than one program on the same station at the same time. It WOULD be useful to know which/what/where in the XML.
    It turns out that when I scan for channels, I get duplicate entries for SOME of the stations. I referenced this in "Please, please show the channel numbers for US/NA stations"
    I suspect that when I try to add entries for a pair of them, that triggers the problem. N.B. I have in the past uploaded from the same source, just selecting one of the pair.
    upload_2017-3-13_2-14-20.png

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I assume you mean that there is more than one program on the same station at the same time.
    Yes exactly.

It WOULD be useful to know which/what/where in the XML.
    An XML file can be read in any text editor (like notepad). But it is laborious to find the "bad guy" this way. I'm not aware of a tool to check such files automatically.

I suspect that when I try to add entries for a pair of them, that triggers the problem.
    I don't think so. The channels have different ID (as you can see on your screenshot) so it is no problem to use the same EPG Data for more than one channel. Here in Europe we often have the same station broadcast in two different resolutions (SD and HD). We can use the same EPG data for both resolutions without issues.

By the way...
    As you live in USA it could be interesting for you that we are working on an fast, easy and free EPG solution for USA / Canada right now. A first test version will probably available this week. If you like to have a look:
    EPG-Buddy ATSC USA Testing

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread