MP2 - V2.1 - xmltv import complains about the xml, but you can't read the messsage to understand why

Discussion in 'Older releases' started by Reggie Schaffnit, March 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reggie Schaffnit

Reggie Schaffnit Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    upload_2017-3-12_23-2-21.png
    When expanding the window, the text boxen don't expand to show all the text. (I'll give you the one with the directory. :) )

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lehmden
    • Team MediaPortal

Lehmden Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +3,605 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    "An Item with the same key has already been used" (or similar). This means, the xml file contains more than one program for exactly the same time frame. This can happen, if there are locally different programs are aired at the same time. This is something the xmltv plugin can not handle. Which tool do you use to create the xml? Maybe you can change some settings there to avoid this...

4. Reggie Schaffnit

Reggie Schaffnit Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    I assume you mean that there is more than one program on the same station at the same time. It WOULD be useful to know which/what/where in the XML.
    It turns out that when I scan for channels, I get duplicate entries for SOME of the stations. I referenced this in "Please, please show the channel numbers for US/NA stations"
    I suspect that when I try to add entries for a pair of them, that triggers the problem. N.B. I have in the past uploaded from the same source, just selecting one of the pair.
    upload_2017-3-13_2-14-20.png

5. Lehmden
    • Team MediaPortal

Lehmden Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +3,605 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    Yes exactly.

An XML file can be read in any text editor (like notepad). But it is laborious to find the "bad guy" this way. I'm not aware of a tool to check such files automatically.

I don't think so. The channels have different ID (as you can see on your screenshot) so it is no problem to use the same EPG Data for more than one channel. Here in Europe we often have the same station broadcast in two different resolutions (SD and HD). We can use the same EPG data for both resolutions without issues.

By the way...
    As you live in USA it could be interesting for you that we are working on an fast, easy and free EPG solution for USA / Canada right now. A first test version will probably available this week. If you like to have a look:
    EPG-Buddy ATSC USA Testing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!