Aruba Aruba
    i'll try and play with it and see what I can do about it

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    OK, I found the problem, the problem is in the file itself, they use the wrong encoding as far as I know, because when you change utf-8 to ISO-8859-2, the problem is gone.

The reason that it doesn't happen in FTR is probably that they do it in a different way and are way better programmers then me :D

But I coded a dirty way around the problem, the attached exe is for you to test, it should fix your problem, but keep an eye on what happens with other files.

Attachments

• XMLTV reWriter.rar
      80 KB

Set3

Portal Member
    June 4, 2008
    Ah, thanks, I'll try it out, or should I go for ISO format ?? i will check this out. Thanks.
    Set3

SweVictor

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi and thanks for a great little program! I installed it a few weeks ago and it works great, however I now have problems with Rytec (DOWNLOAD=http://www.xmltvepg.be/rytecxmltvnordic.gz). The problem turned out to be some rogue </rating> tags.

SO - i downloaded the .gz, extracted the xml and removed the rogue tags. After that I removed the DOWNLOAD directive and replaced it with LOCAL=c:\rytecxmltv_nordic

Unfortunately that did not work either - I get an "Object reference not set to an object" for each row in the RENAME file.

When removing all lines in the RENAME file i get an empty xml as output... Could anyone help me? And also - since it says "CHECK LOG" - is there any log apart from the console output?

Full console logs below.

Thanks!
    /Victor

Log with original Rytec file:
    [23:29:42] XMLTV reWriter starting
    [23:29:42] Log file is located at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\XMLTV reWriter\
    [23:29:42] XMLTV reWriter will execute 1 time(s)
    [23:29:42] ID check is ENABLED
    [23:29:42] Creating directory C:\Documents and Settings\WHS Services\Local Settings\Temp\1\XMLTV reWriter\ OK
    [23:29:42] Copying local file c:\Program Files\XmlTvRewriter\rytecxmltv_nordic OK
    [23:29:42] Creating header of new xmltv file OK
    [23:29:42] Writing list of available channels to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\
    MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv\channels.txt OK
    [23:29:42] Renaming channel with ID: I15.751387.microsoft.com to SVT1 ERROR
    [23:29:42] Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [23:29:42] Deleting directory C:\Documents and Settings\WHS Services\Local Settings\Temp\1\XMLTV reWriter\ OK
    [23:29:42] Executed in: 00h 00m 00s
    [23:29:42] XMLTV reWriter closing down

ERROR! COULD NOT COMPLETE SUCCESFUL. CHECK LOG
    Press any key to close down...

Log with edited Rytec file
    [23:39:49] XMLTV reWriter starting
    [23:39:49] Log file is located at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\XMLTV reWriter\
    [23:39:49] XMLTV reWriter will execute 1 time(s)
    [23:39:49] ID check is ENABLED
    [23:39:49] Creating directory C:\Documents and Settings\WHS Services\Local Settings\Temp\1\XMLTV reWriter\ OK
    [23:39:49] Copying local file c:\Program Files\XmlTvRewriter\rytecxmltv_nordic OK
    [23:39:50] Creating header of new xmltv file OK
    [23:39:50] Writing list of available channels to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\
    [23:39:50] Renaming channel with ID: I15.751387.microsoft.com to SVT1 ERROR
    [23:39:50] Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [23:39:50] Deleting directory C:\Documents and Settings\WHS Services\Local Settings\Temp\1\XMLTV reWriter\ OK
    [23:39:51] Executed in: 00h 00m 01s
    [23:39:51] XMLTV reWriter closing down

mr.duck

Portal Member
    December 31, 2008
    This program runs on my Win7 box but on WinXP it doesn't.

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to termniate the application."

Any ideas?

EDIT:

OK so i found out installing .NET 2.0 fixed that error. But now a new problem. The program doesn't seem to work at all. It says check log but I don't see a log. Problem seems to be "Expected DTD markup was not found".

My config is ultra simple, just trying to test. It is like so...
    Code:
    LOCAL=C:\Server Stuff\DVBGuide\EPG.xml
    SAVETO=C:\Server Stuff\EPG.xml
    WRITECHANNELLIST=C:\Server Stuff\channels.txt
    IDCHECK=TRUE

Halp!

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    Hi and thanks for a great little program! I installed it a few weeks ago and it works great, however I now have problems with Rytec (DOWNLOAD=http://www.xmltvepg.be/rytecxmltvnordic.gz). The problem turned out to be some rogue </rating> tags.

SO - i downloaded the .gz, extracted the xml and removed the rogue tags. After that I removed the DOWNLOAD directive and replaced it with LOCAL=c:\rytecxmltv_nordic

Unfortunately that did not work either - I get an "Object reference not set to an object" for each row in the RENAME file.

When removing all lines in the RENAME file i get an empty xml as output... Could anyone help me? And also - since it says "CHECK LOG" - is there any log apart from the console output?

Full console logs below.

Thanks!
    /Victor

Log with original Rytec file:
    [23:29:42] XMLTV reWriter starting
    [23:29:42] Log file is located at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\XMLTV reWriter\
    [23:29:42] XMLTV reWriter will execute 1 time(s)
    [23:29:42] ID check is ENABLED
    [23:29:42] Creating directory C:\Documents and Settings\WHS Services\Local Settings\Temp\1\XMLTV reWriter\ OK
    [23:29:42] Copying local file c:\Program Files\XmlTvRewriter\rytecxmltv_nordic OK
    [23:29:42] Creating header of new xmltv file OK
    [23:29:42] Writing list of available channels to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\
    [23:29:42] Renaming channel with ID: I15.751387.microsoft.com to SVT1 ERROR
    [23:29:42] Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [23:29:42] Deleting directory C:\Documents and Settings\WHS Services\Local Settings\Temp\1\XMLTV reWriter\ OK
    [23:29:42] Executed in: 00h 00m 00s
    [23:29:42] XMLTV reWriter closing down

Log with edited Rytec file
    [23:39:49] XMLTV reWriter starting
    [23:39:49] Log file is located at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\XMLTV reWriter\
    [23:39:49] XMLTV reWriter will execute 1 time(s)
    [23:39:49] ID check is ENABLED
    [23:39:49] Creating directory C:\Documents and Settings\WHS Services\Local Settings\Temp\1\XMLTV reWriter\ OK
    [23:39:49] Copying local file c:\Program Files\XmlTvRewriter\rytecxmltv_nordic OK
    [23:39:50] Creating header of new xmltv file OK
    [23:39:50] Writing list of available channels to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\
    [23:39:50] Renaming channel with ID: I15.751387.microsoft.com to SVT1 ERROR
    [23:39:50] Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [23:39:50] Deleting directory C:\Documents and Settings\WHS Services\Local Settings\Temp\1\XMLTV reWriter\ OK
    [23:39:51] Executed in: 00h 00m 01s
    [23:39:51] XMLTV reWriter closing down

do you actually have 'I15.751387.microsoft.com' in your file?

This program runs on my Win7 box but on WinXP it doesn't.

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to termniate the application."

Any ideas?

EDIT:

OK so i found out installing .NET 2.0 fixed that error. But now a new problem. The program doesn't seem to work at all. It says check log but I don't see a log. Problem seems to be "Expected DTD markup was not found".

My config is ultra simple, just trying to test. It is like so...
    Code:
    LOCAL=C:\Server Stuff\DVBGuide\EPG.xml
    SAVETO=C:\Server Stuff\EPG.xml
    WRITECHANNELLIST=C:\Server Stuff\channels.txt
    IDCHECK=TRUE

Halp!

Can you see a file called xmltv.dtd?

By the way for everybody, at the beginning of the console output, you can see where the log file is stored. But it's basically the same as the console output.

philippe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 6, 2006
    Lyon
    Home Country
    France France
    under xp i have this error :

01-10-2010 11:04:42 - XMLTV reWriter starting
    01-10-2010 11:04:43 - Log file is located at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\XMLTV reWriter\
    01-10-2010 11:04:43 - XMLTV reWriter will execute 1 time(s)
    01-10-2010 11:04:43 - ID check is ENABLED
    01-10-2010 11:04:43 - Creating directory C:\Documents and Settings\TOTO\Local Settings\Temp\XMLTV reWriter\ OK
    01-10-2010 11:04:43 - Downloading xmltv.dtd OK
    01-10-2010 11:04:51 - Creating header of new xmltv file ERROR
    01-10-2010 11:04:51 - Balisage DTD attendu introuvable. Ligne 1, position 1.
    01-10-2010 11:04:51 - Deleting directory C:\Documents and Settings\TOTO\Local Settings\Temp\XMLTV reWriter\ OK
    01-10-2010 11:04:51 - Executed in: 00h 00m 08s
    01-10-2010 11:04:51 - XMLTV reWriter closing down

with this in the CONFIG1.txt

DOWNLOAD=http://xmltv.myftp.org/download/complet.zip
    WRITECHANNELLIST=C:\tvguide\channels.txt
    IDCHECK=FALSE
    SAVETO=C:\tvguide\tvguide1.xml

Any idea ?

Thanks

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    Try using the attached xmltv.dtd file instead of the one that is being downloaded.

Attachments

• xmltv.rar
      8.3 KB

SweVictor

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    do you actually have 'I15.751387.microsoft.com' in your file?

Well yes... Otherwise it would have been kind of easy to figure out the error... However - now the error in the original rytec xml seems to have been fixed which means that the file works as intended right after download. Some kind of fault tolerance in XMLTV rewriter would be great through, even though i know that the author is not interested in such developmen.

But - when the xml is correct the program is fantastic! Three thumbs up!

/Victor

neefs

Portal Member
    March 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Ocram,

Can you please give an example how to extract 3 providers and join them together.
    I can't figure out your readme file.

Thanks,
    Gunther

Users who are viewing this thread