XVID codec not appearing in list of codecs in setup (1 Viewer)

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
June 9, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
As stated in topic title... MP plays xvid files - but in a clear inferiour quality...

any ideas???

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hildebrandt

Try installing FFDShow for playing Xvid\Divx files as highly configurable and does seem to solve various playback issues.

8)

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Tried it - not really any improvement... I've searched the forum - apparently i'm not the only one with this issue... *sigh* Guess i'll have to use external player - sucks, though - the look of MP with the integrated player is really cool...

*EDIT*
    :cry: The external player idea really sucks.... I don't understand, why MP can't use xvid codec to show movieclips - it can use several different mpeg codecs... A codec is a codec, right??? (no??)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    A codec is a codec, right??? (no??)

Yes, but there are some better than others. Nvidia for instance seem to have hit quality with acceptable cpu use.
    If anyone remembers previous post regarding using FFDShow, yes i would still not prefer to have it installed, but use seperate Divx\Xvid codecs, but now mpeg4 (ie Nero digital) is so good quality at the right file size, have converted all my DVD's\recordings to that format and i am very happy with the result.

8)

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hmmm... Could it help if i install WMP10 or 11? I looked around a bit, and others have the same problem - apparently because MP use the WMP9 engine to show movie clips... But if i install the newer plyers, will it use them??? If i do a XP install and modify so WMP9 is not installed, then install WMP 10 (or 11) will MP then use their engine to show movieclips???

zxcvbnm2

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2006
    New Zealand/Whangarei
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I use FFDShow and select XVID for decoding XVID/DIVX4/DIVX5/FVFW,FFDS and other MPEG4 in the FFDShow video decoder configuration.

Have you tried something like Graphedit to check what codec is being used, might be something else is being used instead.

All I have installed, FFDShow 20050803, Nvida [for DVD], AC3Filter 0_70b, XVID and ELECARD MPEG2 decoder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very informative and detailed responses. I will take your advice and monitor the Scheduled recordings list for the discrepancies you have described. Cheers.
    @CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very...
    I am in Australia. My problem is with recorded tv programs. Most times the program title and info are correct but quite often the...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom