MediaPortal 1 Talk (50 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
I've been waiting for something like this for a long time. I'm getting married next week which is why I haven't been around the forums much lately, but I definitely intend to test it out when it's all said and done. Good job!
I've been waiting for something like this for a long time. I'm getting married next week which is why I haven't been around the...
Smart Timeslot Recording Smart timeslot recording enhances the MediaPortal scheduler to allow scheduled programs to "shift" in...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to delay subtitles from a OSD???
Is it possible to delay subtitles from a OSD???
Is this possible without calling up the OSD? With XBMC you can set up two buttons on the remote and use them for delay+ and delay-...
Replies
Views
Thanks for that.
Thanks for that.
I've got a box with a Technisat SkyStar HD card in. I'm just starting to put the software on. Can anyone tell me what sort of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MySQL a Mistake DE
Totally agree - and it's a really important factor to consider. In its current state, the TVServer is not really friendly from an installation perspective - there are multiple steps needed etc. That said, it *is* still strictly in beta, so I live with that. I'm looking forward to the further polish the 0.2.4.0 release brings and...
Totally agree - and it's a really important factor to consider. In its current state, the TVServer is not really friendly from an...
I really hope I don't step on too many toes because I know there are going to be some people here that don't like what I am going...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 RC1 is slow... DE
also because its a fresh install have a look under settings then scroll speed or something and there is the max FPS or something change it from teh default and put it on 100, that might help as well, could also perhaps try changing the MP priority in teh configuration.exe to make it a higher priority perhaps
also because its a fresh install have a look under settings then scroll speed or something and there is the max FPS or something...
Is anyone else seeing really slow performance. My laptop is not super-powerful, but it should run faster than this. Startup times...
Replies
Views
NVTV support should now be included in SVN any replies to this message please in the following thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/connectencoderfilter_failed_using_nvtv_dual-t12958.html?t=12958&highlight=NVTV
NVTV support should now be included in SVN any replies to this message please in the following thread...
Is anybody else using the NVidia DualTV? If so, have you been able to get it to work with the Server? - So far I have not been...
Replies
Views
From my maptop, I have a secondary 42" LCD screen to watch MP content connect via VGA. When trying to watch a DVD I encounter various issues: 1. The menu bar never disappears. 2. The movie never occupies the entire screen. It is a clear image, 16:9 format, but only occupies about 75% of the screen. 3. When I select the...
From my maptop, I have a secondary 42" LCD screen to watch MP content connect via VGA. When trying to watch a DVD I encounter...
From my maptop, I have a secondary 42" LCD screen to watch MP content connect via VGA. When trying to watch a DVD I encounter...
Replies
Views
Whoah. Then maybe try something else that will be more of help?
Whoah. Then maybe try something else that will be more of help?
got a All in Wonder 8500DV and i'm becoming increasingly annoyed by ATI's tuner software (I mean come on... 8pm on saturday and 8pm...
Replies
Views
I updated xbmc to the latest svn version and that solved my dvr-ms problem. I can play those files now in xbmc. It's too bad there isn't a way to use xbmc as a frontend for mediaportal.
I updated xbmc to the latest svn version and that solved my dvr-ms problem. I can play those files now in xbmc. It's too bad...
I picked up an xbox for $20 and just finished softmodding it with xbox media center. I haven't really seen a good answer on...
Replies
Views
THANKS to the mediaportal team for this phantastic software. It is just amazing what you can do with it. I installed 0.2.3.0 RC1 a week ago. Here is my top-level feedback: 1. It took me some time to understand the top-level mediaportal architecture. That in turn was necessary to understand what and how to install it...
THANKS to the mediaportal team for this phantastic software. It is just amazing what you can do with it. I installed 0.2.3.0...
THANKS to the mediaportal team for this phantastic software. It is just amazing what you can do with it. I installed 0.2.3.0...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 want tvserver 0.2 DE
there is no tvserver 0.2 :D you mean the inbuild TV-Engine from MediaPortal 0.2.2.0. just install it and go to the "televison" section in the configuration tool ;)
there is no tvserver 0.2 :D you mean the inbuild TV-Engine from MediaPortal 0.2.2.0. just install it and go to the "televison"...
hello, can some1 help me find tvserver 0.2, my harddisk crached and I have problems with my GF because the 2 most important chanels...
Replies
Views
Gents, I'm getting stuck and frustrated after getting so close to media heaven. I have a few questions and would be grateful for any links, answers, etc. I've had some problems with crashing, so I've tried different versions with varying success - and now I struggling to get much functionality. 1. Is there a way to do a...
Gents, I'm getting stuck and frustrated after getting so close to media heaven. I have a few questions and would be grateful...
Gents, I'm getting stuck and frustrated after getting so close to media heaven. I have a few questions and would be grateful...
Replies
Views
I need help with the shortcuts for movies and dvds. They are working, space=pause, etc. Are there no onscreen menu buttons with the defualt player? I would like to go to the dvd menu but the d button is working under my movies playing an .iso file. any idea what i'm doing wrong.
I need help with the shortcuts for movies and dvds. They are working, space=pause, etc. Are there no onscreen menu buttons with...
I need help with the shortcuts for movies and dvds. They are working, space=pause, etc. Are there no onscreen menu buttons with...
Replies
Views
We have asked for the forum admin to allow thanking people inside threads a few times, don't know why it hasn't been done. It works on lots of other forums.
We have asked for the forum admin to allow thanking people inside threads a few times, don't know why it hasn't been done. It works...
I see when ever you post a message on this forum on the left hand side it says "Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts".... a few people on...
Replies
Views
If u have little PIC knowledge u can turn ON ur PC very easyly as Iam:-) I use this little Circuit for it. Actually this is how do i apply it to my HTPC > I use small 5V realy for simulate pressing the PC power button. And after complete shutdown there is a 5V stand by voltage. So i use it for run this little CCT. Its very simple...
If u have little PIC knowledge u can turn ON ur PC very easyly as Iam:-) I use this little Circuit for it. Actually this is how...
Hi, Was wondering if there are any of you out there who knows what are the available options to turn on the PC from a shutdown...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to use my ATI remote wonder with Media Portal 2.3 RC1. Remote is working but I would like to make some changes to the buttons. When I tried to change the settings using the "Keys and Sounds" - "Global Actions", pressing the volume designated keys on the keyboard gives me different keys. IE. when I press -...
Hi, I'm trying to use my ATI remote wonder with Media Portal 2.3 RC1. Remote is working but I would like to make some changes...
Hi, I'm trying to use my ATI remote wonder with Media Portal 2.3 RC1. Remote is working but I would like to make some changes...
Replies
Views
I have the three card mentionned, but I don't use the HVR-1300 anymore because I had a lot of problem with this one, but 1-2 years ago, it maybe works better now. I used only the anlogic part but you must know that u can't use both feature (dvb-t & analogic) at the same time.
I have the three card mentionned, but I don't use the HVR-1300 anymore because I had a lot of problem with this one, but 1-2 years...
Hello, can anybody tell me, if Hauppauge PVR-500 MCE run with MediaPortal and Windows XP Professional. Regards Christian
Replies
Views
Thanks Roy, I got your PM I'll test it out and see if it fixes it! Aaron
Thanks Roy, I got your PM I'll test it out and see if it fixes it! Aaron
TV-Server Version: MediaPortal Version: 2.2.0 SVN123006 MediaPortal Skin: Blue 2 Windows Version: WinXP SP2 CPU Type: AMD...
Replies
Views
OK the verdict video will not play if exclusive dirextx is disabled, only sound playback Alt + Enter works fine Thanks
OK the verdict video will not play if exclusive dirextx is disabled, only sound playback Alt + Enter works fine Thanks
Hey all i'm pretty new to this is there any way to start MediaPortal in fullscreen for general purpose, but to have the option of...
Replies
Views
May be worth loading the .TS or .MPG file into something like projectX and checking the quality of the recording. I do get instances where there are no GOP sequence headers in recordings that just leaves you with blank video.
May be worth loading the .TS or .MPG file into something like projectX and checking the quality of the recording. I do get...
I maybe an idiot but i have everything up and running, and i let my Hauppage 150 card autofind my channels for the tv and while...
Replies
Views
I uploaded my patches so this feature can be stress-tested. Over to the testers I'd say :)
I uploaded my patches so this feature can be stress-tested. Over to the testers I'd say :)
Hey all, As follow-up to the thread in the Improvement Suggestions section...
Replies
Views
yes i also would try to test your plugin. i tried again to send you a personal mail...
yes i also would try to test your plugin. i tried again to send you a personal mail...
i read threads over threads searching for a howto control my stb in tv0.3. i think this is not an uncommon setup, but there is...
Replies
Views
There is software that will transcode the file and remove the DRM in the process. Tunebite is one that I know of but I am sure there are more. That should allow you to play the files in MediaPortal.
There is software that will transcode the file and remove the DRM in the process. Tunebite is one that I know of but I am sure...
does anyone know if it is possible to play protected (drm) movie files throughl Mediaportal?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 WMC Remote Control? DE
Thank you so much!! I really do appreciate it...
Thank you so much!! I really do appreciate it...
Can anyone tell me how i can set it so the green windows buttom in the middle opens up the media portal.exe if it is not already...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 VGA or HDMI DE
I have participated in a number of discussions on this topic. I think that all of my views are expressed in the posts below. The first post was an attempt from my side to give a guide to new users: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/guide_connecting_htpc_flatscreen-t14886.html...
I have participated in a number of discussions on this topic. I think that all of my views are expressed in the posts below. The...
Hi there.. I'm in the process of setting up a new Media Center (running mediaportal). Question is wether to hook it up to the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Thanks to the DEVs DE
I tested the new tv-engine when the first ß was released and i thought, well, great idea, cool features but the old engine runs smoother. And channel changing just takes too long...and it has to be that way...there is no access from the front end to tv card but rather the front end has to tell the server what it needs (which channel...
I tested the new tv-engine when the first ß was released and i thought, well, great idea, cool features but the old engine runs...
I tested the new tv-engine when the first ß was released and i thought, well, great idea, cool features but the old engine runs...
Replies
Views
Trippy it is. I will head over to te Slimdevices forum and ask. Thanks for having a look, I'm not sure if it will be solved but I will post more if I get any results out of Slimdevices. :thx: Once again MP is a first class piece of software. Works a treat.
Trippy it is. I will head over to te Slimdevices forum and ask. Thanks for having a look, I'm not sure if it will be solved but...
Hi All, Picture this, you spend hours in an unheated room of the house setting up the HTPC so it is a simple as possible to use...
Replies
Views
ok. :thx: But what means "kicked"? Is client2 seeing a error message like : "No free card available."?
ok. :thx: But what means "kicked"? Is client2 seeing a error message like : "No free card available."?
Hi, i am having a simple question, just to see if i am understanding the system right. When running a TVServer with one...
Replies
Views
I am a newbie with Mediaportal (0.2.2). I run MP on XP MCE, and without much hassle I just press my MCE-remote to put MP to sleep/standby, and press again to wake it up (enabled USB-power on my main board in bios). This works great 100%, all the time. After some googling I found out about Powerscheduler (shouldn't this be...
I am a newbie with Mediaportal (0.2.2). I run MP on XP MCE, and without much hassle I just press my MCE-remote to put MP to...
I am a newbie with Mediaportal (0.2.2). I run MP on XP MCE, and without much hassle I just press my MCE-remote to put MP to...
Replies
Views
Thats too bad. Although we can still do web scraping, zap2it was a nice convienient package. Might be more incentive for people to now switch to IPTV based solutions.
Thats too bad. Although we can still do web scraping, zap2it was a nice convienient package. Might be more incentive for people...
Yep, you read that right, Zap2It will be shutting down our favorite guide service here in the US. They state abuses by for profit...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom