MediaPortal 1 Talk (54 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
:oops: my fault :)
:oops: my fault :)
Is it possible to remove/disable/grey-out the close/exit button?
Replies
Views
Is it possible to add a 'log off' command to the homescreen button (that show the shut down, hibernate etc. options)?
Is it possible to add a 'log off' command to the homescreen button (that show the shut down, hibernate etc. options)?
Replies
Views
When was EVR added for Vista?
When was EVR added for Vista?
MY TV locks up when I try to change the window size or go Full Screen, the pictre just freezes. When I look at the Settings for...
Replies
Views
It looks like both in Altdvb and MP the graph is recreated when swiching channels. Also, i use the same codecs (cyberlink video and audio, video renderer and default directsound) in both applications. I use altdvb with Windows Media Player Classic an MP with it's own player. In my setup i cannot test a single seat setup as my server...
It looks like both in Altdvb and MP the graph is recreated when swiching channels. Also, i use the same codecs (cyberlink video and...
I have some doubts about the client plugin. Is this the right approach? I would have expected the tv-servers to show up as devices...
Replies
Views
TV does not work with ATI 550 Theatre (Sapphire Theatrix) tuner in Vista Home Premium 64bit . Setup see and recognize card, but can't tune channels becouse of error message appears. I used MP (including snapshots) for some time with XP, but since changed hardware and switched to Vista I have to use MCE...
TV does not work with ATI 550 Theatre (Sapphire Theatrix) tuner in Vista Home Premium 64bit . Setup see and recognize card, but...
Hi, im planing to upgrade* my HTPC from XP 32bit -> Vista 64bit! (*some would proberbly call this a 'downgrade') The TvServer...
Replies
Views
Thank you, seems to work :)
Thank you, seems to work :)
I am currently assigning buttons of my Xbox 360 controller to keys on my keyboard so that I can control MediaPortal using the...
Replies
Views
mzemina Thanks, I checked xlooby an mainlooby but could not find any such information, if you had hand over this, could you point me to right place. Thanks
mzemina Thanks, I checked xlooby an mainlooby but could not find any such information, if you had hand over this, could you point...
I am confused after reading all this pages, so i will straight ahead ask my question and hope i will get the answer. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have installed the Media Portal on my laptop, Now what i want is that application should show up on my Laptop screen, and when i play the media it should be shown on my projector, thats connected to display 2 of the laptop. Is this possible ? Display 1: Media Portal Application only Display 2: Display the movie played...
Hi, I have installed the Media Portal on my laptop, Now what i want is that application should show up on my Laptop screen, and...
Hi, I have installed the Media Portal on my laptop, Now what i want is that application should show up on my Laptop screen, and...
Replies
Views
Screen Resloution Have done some more testing... Seems like it have something to do with the screen resolution. The problem occurs when I use 1600x1050 on my 22" LCD, if I switch to 1024x768 before starting MediaPortal everything is working as expected. Don't know if this has anything to do with my pc setup: ATI X1250...
Screen Resloution Have done some more testing... Seems like it have something to do with the screen resolution. The problem...
Hi everyone, New to MediaPortal, must say it seems very promising... I have a problem though; When i start MediaPortal in...
Replies
Views
How many titles did you have in your DVDProfiler catalog? When you exported the profile database, did you choose XML format? Did you choose All or Owned, Ordered, or Wish List for the filter? What version of DVDProfiler are you using? (version 2.4.0 is what has been tested and works with the plugin) Are you using the free version or...
How many titles did you have in your DVDProfiler catalog? When you exported the profile database, did you choose XML format? Did...
I have heard that it was posible to get the movie database imported in MP. Can someone please tell me how?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Open a stream in MP DE
Is it possible to open a stream in MP if your externally defined dvd player (like Mplayer, MPC or VLC) supports that ? If not, is that -with the ability to store and name those streams (in a playlist item?)- a desirable feature? Eppo
Is it possible to open a stream in MP if your externally defined dvd player (like Mplayer, MPC or VLC) supports that ? If not, is...
Is it possible to open a stream in MP if your externally defined dvd player (like Mplayer, MPC or VLC) supports that ? If not, is...
Replies
Views
I still can't find any Season Pass functionality in MP. When I used SageTV it would handle this perfectly and record every episode only once. If the tv-card was busy recording when the episode first aired it would automatically schedule the rerun for recording. If one episode was successfully recorded but it was removed before you...
I still can't find any Season Pass functionality in MP. When I used SageTV it would handle this perfectly and record every...
I spent lots of time trying to find the best Media Center program...SesamTV, BeyondTV, Meedio, SageTV. Media Portal is one of the...
Replies
Views
Well I need the subtitle that will work:) The teletext I downloaded didn't work and I don't know why. Have looked in the setup but couldn't get it to work. Can you help here? I have calibrated my PV60 using DVE and have adjusted light and RGB. Contrast was not possible. Have tjecked your link, and my picture when it's 720p...
Well I need the subtitle that will work:) The teletext I downloaded didn't work and I don't know why. Have looked in the setup but...
I have a FloppyDTV card and have installed the new TVServer 3 with update th 22 june, but have two questions. Sorry if it have been...
Replies
Views
For me the prefer ac3 feature works quite well now as long as I check the flag for "Rebuild graph when audio specs change" in the TV client plug-in. Only problem is, that for recordings the prefer ac3 flag is ignored. gemx, would it be possible to have the feature also for playing recordings? hirscho
For me the prefer ac3 feature works quite well now as long as I check the flag for "Rebuild graph when audio specs change" in the...
Just added a "preferred audio stream setting" for the setup plugin. Now the plugin has a config form (right click on MyTv plugin...
Replies
Views
I already have tried that, but it does not appear to stop or start the TV Service. Just mediaportal. Unless I am doing something wrong:(
I already have tried that, but it does not appear to stop or start the TV Service. Just mediaportal. Unless I am doing something...
Having just about got everything working, I moved to TV Server, and am having the usual problems with Standby. I have moved to...
Replies
Views
Thanks jaobr, that solved the problem. I changed these lines in the 0.8W Thor2_3.ini file and now it works: 21=11421,H,25000,8psk,23,S2 22=11434,V,25000,8psk,23,S2
Thanks jaobr, that solved the problem. I changed these lines in the 0.8W Thor2_3.ini file and now it works...
My problem is that the TV-Engine doesn't find any S2 (HD) channels when i do a channelsearch. Then i read this...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Installing pluins DE
The "Source" folder is the source code for the plugin so that you could modify it if you wanted to. You can just ignore the "Source" folder. Hope that helps,
The "Source" folder is the source code for the plugin so that you could modify it if you wanted to. You can just ignore the...
can anyone help me installing plugins there are instrutions for the plugins and skin folder , but there is always a source...
Replies
Views
Since more than 6 months selecting radio on a network client makes the client to crash. It seems that non of the Dev's are interested in listening radio on a network client. What i whant to ask: Is there any other possibility to listen radio on a network client using the tv3 server. It would be great if somebody could help me. Thanks.
Since more than 6 months selecting radio on a network client makes the client to crash. It seems that non of the Dev's are...
Since more than 6 months selecting radio on a network client makes the client to crash. It seems that non of the Dev's are...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV Problems DE
Thanks I figured it out, I thought it said not to touch the TV section of the regular setup in the video because that was for the old TVengine. I tried it and it worked anyways :D Thanks for all the help everyone. One more question. When I am watching TV or a video or something and press back to go to do something, how do I...
Thanks I figured it out, I thought it said not to touch the TV section of the regular setup in the video because that was for the...
Hi, I just finished installing tvserver and MP and pretty much followed the videos. The problem I am having is that I...
Replies
Views
BTW: Channel No. Station 316= Prime 251= Maori 188= Sky Movies 302= Discovery/Trackside 203= Sport 1 284=...
BTW: Channel No. Station 316= Prime 251=...
hey folks, I'm trying to get Prime tuned in on my Hauppauge PVR-150 with TVServer3 (aerial connection). If I do a channel scan...
Replies
Views
hi guys, is the WinTV-HVR-1600 supported? I just installed Media portal on my windows xp pro machine but it says no capture card detected. please help
hi guys, is the WinTV-HVR-1600 supported? I just installed Media portal on my windows xp pro machine but it says no capture card...
The Hauppage HVR-1300 is listed as a "supported card", can someone verify that it works? I've got a Pinnacle 310i today and cant...
Replies
Views
This flashing still happens with SVN built July 12-2007, I tried 3 different skins so it's probably not skin related
This flashing still happens with SVN built July 12-2007, I tried 3 different skins so it's probably not skin related
hi new to all this very interesting idea but i am having a few probs any help would be appreciated 1 how do i put my own...
Replies
Views
Thx for all the effort, but i need some more guiding i guess Ok i start from the top again. Install the latest stable release of mediaportal. I install it with the default values After its installed i run mediaport setup Her i also choose everything default until i come to page 5/9 Her i choose my satelitte Thor 2/3 of...
Thx for all the effort, but i need some more guiding i guess Ok i start from the top again. Install the latest stable release of...
I have installed mediaportal for the first time.. Like to try it since i cant get my Techtrend S2-3200 card to work with...
Replies
Views
I installed MP in my XP desktop PC. For some reasons, MP can not access internet in my desktop. Hence weather or rss feeds like plugins do not work. I then installed MP in my laptop. There it works fine. Any clue of what might be causing the internet access issue in my desktop? I am not running any personal firewall there.
I installed MP in my XP desktop PC. For some reasons, MP can not access internet in my desktop. Hence weather or rss feeds like...
I installed MP in my XP desktop PC. For some reasons, MP can not access internet in my desktop. Hence weather or rss feeds like...
Replies
Views
erm.... i mean MP 0.2.3.0 final and TV-Server 0.1 final
erm.... i mean MP 0.2.3.0 final and TV-Server 0.1 final
Hi all... After giving MP the flick around 12 months ago, i decided to give MCE another go. Soon after, i discovered SageTV. I...
Replies
Views
with this post you proofen that you do not know anything about Microsoft SQL express (which is obviously free=doesnt cost anything) sorry, also wrong..... every application you install on WindowsXP depends on "other M$ Stuff" as you call it ;) back on topic: MySQL or MS SQLServer ? Good question ;) Both are free, both are very...
with this post you proofen that you do not know anything about Microsoft SQL express (which is obviously free=doesnt cost anything)...
For TV Server, which is better ? and why ? thanks :-)
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Parental control DE
Hello All does any oneknows if we can block channels with password?
Replies
Views
Hi all experts I’m preparing to build a TV Server that should be able to serve 3-4 Clients. I have found out some requirements / specification that I have to the TV server. It should have: - 2 x FireDTV-C / FloppyDVT-C - 2 PCI DVB-T cards - 1 Gb LAN connection - HDTV ready I’m not a hardware expert. This will be the first...
Hi all experts I’m preparing to build a TV Server that should be able to serve 3-4 Clients. I have found out some requirements...
Hi all experts I’m preparing to build a TV Server that should be able to serve 3-4 Clients. I have found out some requirements...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP on 2 computers DE
You could try using a script to copy the TV Database from one PC to the other 'on bootup' (but before MP loads) when the remote database is newer then the local database. You'll need to setup both PCs to use mapped drives for the shares even if it's actually locally attached. Simply put, you want both MPs to be using the same...
You could try using a script to copy the TV Database from one PC to the other 'on bootup' (but before MP loads) when the remote...
I have an mediacenter PC running Vista and MediaPortal in my livingroom. And i have an laptop running XP. Have also installed MP...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have exchanged a couple of polite emails with the seller, and apparently he makes a donation to MediaPortal each month based on his sales. He does not include the source code on his CD. He feels that pointing out that the software is covered under the GPL and providing a web address for the source is sufficient. I...
Hi, I have exchanged a couple of polite emails with the seller, and apparently he makes a donation to MediaPortal each month...
Out of interest, there's a guy flogging MediaPortal downloads for two quid a time on the UK site and claiming this is not a breach...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom