MediaPortal 1 Talk (40 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Yes it is allowed of course ! But you have the obligation to post all the modifications you made to the source code. That what the GNU is about...
Yes it is allowed of course ! But you have the obligation to post all the modifications you made to the source code. That what the...
Hello All I recently tried the MediaPortal and it is really really nice and it is the best of all teh media center software that...
Replies
Views
Myhome.xml in the active skin folder.
Myhome.xml in the active skin folder.
Hi all, Is there a way to remove the topbar? I never use it and I'd lilke to disable/hide/remove it. thanks for any help you...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 BDA TV Cards DE
Yeah TVE3 is what i want to use, im just putting together a raid5 server with 4x 400gb drives. I already have a Kworld DVBT-100 Clone(PCI) with a Kworld DVB-T 355 (USB) and i wanted to get another 2 DVB-T USB sticks. thanks -Mort
Yeah TVE3 is what i want to use, im just putting together a raid5 server with 4x 400gb drives. I already have a Kworld DVBT-100...
I've searched the forums and looked at the wiki but it isnt 100% clear if the TV Engine does support ANY tv card witb a BDA Driver...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 IR from MCE DE
You can use either mptray or mce replacement plugin, both can be found somewhere on this site.
You can use either mptray or mce replacement plugin, both can be found somewhere on this site.
Hy, i have an IR from MCE 2004. There is a GreenButton. I cannot start MP from Windows. Is there a program for change the IR...
Replies
Views
Hy, i have disable the check boxes after installed MP. This is also not the problem. Regards Christian
Hy, i have disable the check boxes after installed MP. This is also not the problem. Regards Christian
Hy, my problem is, wen my MP PC still suspendmode. Then reactive by Time Record, e.g. 8.00 pm. After Record the program my MP PC...
Replies
Views
Hi PD, Many thanks for the suggestion (and the link - downloading now!). Strangely enough this problem has now fixed itself. My ITV1 data is now complete. I think from looking at other web forums that this may have been some problem created by a change to the ITV listings, but not really sure. Will keep the app around so I can check...
Hi PD, Many thanks for the suggestion (and the link - downloading now!). Strangely enough this problem has now fixed itself. My...
Is anyone else seeing no Epg data after Sat 9/6/2007 for ITV1. Most other channels seem fine (usual 7 days of data). Is there...
Replies
Views
I use a card splitter with two Twinhan Cab CI DVB-C cards. I used to have some problems with the CAM when coming out of standby (havent noticed that after switching to tv server though), but otherwise it worked fine.
I use a card splitter with two Twinhan Cab CI DVB-C cards. I used to have some problems with the CAM when coming out of standby...
hello, i test mediaportal. i use an server with 3 sat card (tt 1401). but now i will change vom dvb-s to dvb-c. i want to...
Replies
Views
A big benifit for is being able to record multiple channels on the same card if you are using DVB of any kind. Very cool. TV3 is still beta and still buggier than TV2. but remember it is the next version so it will be the default, eventually ( I think so anyway). That means that once it is released out of beta it will just come with...
A big benifit for is being able to record multiple channels on the same card if you are using DVB of any kind. Very cool. TV3 is...
Is it worth moving to the TV Server 0.3 from the built in 0.2 engine? I only have the 1 PC using the TV tuner, and can't see me...
Replies
Views
Nice to hear he's all right. If Frodo read this thead....HAPPY HOLIDAY !!! :-)
Nice to hear he's all right. If Frodo read this thead....HAPPY HOLIDAY !!! :-)
I have not seen Frodo in the community for a long long time. What has happened to him? /Jesper
Replies
Views
Hmm, if you can find some software that supports this sort of IR setup then maybe you could interface it with MediaPortal? This sounds like the sort of IR device that would work with WinLirc, am I right?
Hmm, if you can find some software that supports this sort of IR setup then maybe you could interface it with MediaPortal? This...
MediaPortal Version: Release 0.2.2.0 + MediaPortal-svn--02-27-2007--01-03-Rev13135 MediaPortal TV3 Version...
Replies
Views
Well, I figured it out, I had to disable S4 support (hybrid) and instead force Vista to use S3 (Standby).
Well, I figured it out, I had to disable S4 support (hybrid) and instead force Vista to use S3 (Standby).
Waking from S3 using USBUIRT worked perfectly on my XP system. When I boot into Vista (I have it loaded on a different HD) on the...
Replies
Views
I guess I am the only one testing with the Starbox?
I guess I am the only one testing with the Starbox?
Has anyone had luck with the Starbox II? I am using BDA drivers 1.0.3.8 I get nearly 100% signal and quality, however, it doesn't...
Replies
Views
I DO want people to use MP anyway they want to. MP was designed to be used anyway you want. It's very customizeable which can be a blessing and a curse sometimes. What I dont want to see is this feature a main part of MP. Maybe im not explaining myself correctly? :S If you want this feature then thats great, but getting this idea...
I DO want people to use MP anyway they want to. MP was designed to be used anyway you want. It's very customizeable which can be a...
All my media files (familiar videos & photos) are stored in the same folder sorted by date. When I finish to see photos I must to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Movie File Formats DE
Hey guys. I'm trying to find the most efficiant file type to store my movies from a DVD. The way I store them ow takes up around 4 Gs per movie. Thats ripping them as .ifo or DVD files. Are there any other files types smaller with good quality? Thanks
Hey guys. I'm trying to find the most efficiant file type to store my movies from a DVD. The way I store them ow takes up around...
Hey guys. I'm trying to find the most efficiant file type to store my movies from a DVD. The way I store them ow takes up around...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP vs. GBPVR DE
I too switched to GB-PVR for a while because I need to be able to stream media content from my server to two clients. With MP TVE3 my Nvidia Dual TV card was detected but it would not find channels during the channel scan. After several months of testing and requesting support and getting none, I finally switched over. However I too...
I too switched to GB-PVR for a while because I need to be able to stream media content from my server to two clients. With MP TVE3...
I am currently using GBPVR and love it. Any advantge in switching to MP? They probably do similar stuff, but I find GBPVR has...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 A Big Thank You DE
Hi guys. Just wanted to share something with the MP community. I've been using MP for about 6 months now - I've been very impressed from the outset with this program, its features and the fact that it is a free, collaborative effort. The MP community & support are fantastic. I have recently moved over from TVe 0.2 to TVe 0.3...
Hi guys. Just wanted to share something with the MP community. I've been using MP for about 6 months now - I've been very...
Hi guys. Just wanted to share something with the MP community. I've been using MP for about 6 months now - I've been very...
Replies
Views
LOL yeah good point :P You already give some good properties to list, I had mostly the same ones in mind. It's relatively easy for me to add columns afterwards (pasting the wiki code into a text editor and using some regexp to change the columns), so we can always see if there are requests for more/different columns afterwards...
LOL yeah good point :P You already give some good properties to list, I had mostly the same ones in mind. It's relatively easy...
HomeTheatreSolutions in wiki What is the biggest problem for someone, who is building his first HomeTheatre Solution? "Bloody...
Replies
Views
Ok, a dumb question - What is "the latest SVN" and where can i find it ?????
Ok, a dumb question - What is "the latest SVN" and where can i find it ?????
Hi all I´m about to be a new user of MP and i don´t have any experience of it so i need som help. I need to know the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 UK DVB-T Subtitles DE
Why would the MHEG engine be used to display subtitles? :S
Why would the MHEG engine be used to display subtitles? :S
Hi, any info on getting UK DVB-T Subtitles? Regards.
Replies
Views
D
Hi there Currently beaming on a white wall, which is ok but not fantastic. I'm thinking about getting myself a silver screen.... but which one to get? There are: - roller blind-likes - fixed ones to mount on a wall like an image - with and without black border - ranging from 200€ to 2000€ depending on fanciness of material...
Hi there Currently beaming on a white wall, which is ok but not fantastic. I'm thinking about getting myself a silver screen...
Hi there Currently beaming on a white wall, which is ok but not fantastic. I'm thinking about getting myself a silver screen...
Replies
Views
dm15644
D
I use TVServer3 to grab some HDTV AVC/H.264 movies. There are still only few tools available to manipulate those transport streams. I've found two useful and simple freeware tools for AVC/H.264 transport streams. The two are still in early development so it's a good thing to keep the original file until a check is done, if the output...
I use TVServer3 to grab some HDTV AVC/H.264 movies. There are still only few tools available to manipulate those transport streams...
I use TVServer3 to grab some HDTV AVC/H.264 movies. There are still only few tools available to manipulate those transport streams...
Replies
Views
Thanks.... I did do a search for Comskip before posting, unfortunately apart from some comments that it was included in an update, and that maybe some color coded bars will be coming in future developments. There was not much detail on what was/is needed to get it working. I Thought it may of run automatically, or contained an...
Thanks.... I did do a search for Comskip before posting, unfortunately apart from some comments that it was included in an...
Hi Guys, does anyone have any info or links on getting MP to work with ComSkip? I found a link on the ComSkip forums pointing to...
Replies
Views
The problem is really the setup. There's many things you have to know beforehand. First and foremost, is how you plan to use it, and what your environment allows. Everything else stems from this. You also have to know exactly how you're going to configure your HTPC, what codecs and other software you're going to install. Your...
The problem is really the setup. There's many things you have to know beforehand. First and foremost, is how you plan to use it...
I spend many many hours on setting up this HTPC based on Windows and using MP, I am through on odysee of tv cards swapping and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Radio in TVE 0.3 DE
Thank you for replies. So I will install some newer SVN's and try again. The normal radio in MP without TV-Server is working, but I'd like to listen and record music with my htpc with the new engine. regards Fritz
Thank you for replies. So I will install some newer SVN's and try again. The normal radio in MP without TV-Server is working, but...
Hello Everyone! I've installed the TV-Server with svn from 17th of april and I'm using a Hauppauge PVR150 MCE Card for TV and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I hava an iMon and was missing the volume OSD whenever playing music or whatever as only full screen TV shows volume changes. http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10993 This link is a OSD volume control (seperate program). If you hook your iMon volume buttons directly to windows volume master and use...
Hi guys, I hava an iMon and was missing the volume OSD whenever playing music or whatever as only full screen TV shows volume...
Hi guys, I hava an iMon and was missing the volume OSD whenever playing music or whatever as only full screen TV shows volume...
Replies
Views
Well - I would do but as these are just explanations gleaned from the web I would hope that a developer could confirm that this is what they mean within MP. Would not want wish it to look more authoritative than it is. Also, I think there is an implied question here about whether changing any of these settings might improve...
Well - I would do but as these are just explanations gleaned from the web I would hope that a developer could confirm that this is...
I've install the days SVN (both TV-server and Media Portal)! I am interested in knowing exactly what the different fields in...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV card definitions DE
Hi all, My dad just got a DNTV Hybrid LP tuner card. It doesn't seem to be detected by mediaportal at the moment, but I saw that someone did get it to work and it was added to the official definitons. My question is, do i download a new definition file seperately? If so, where can I get it? Sorry if this has been answered...
Hi all, My dad just got a DNTV Hybrid LP tuner card. It doesn't seem to be detected by mediaportal at the moment, but I saw that...
Hi all, My dad just got a DNTV Hybrid LP tuner card. It doesn't seem to be detected by mediaportal at the moment, but I saw that...
Replies
Views
I've just upgraded MediaPortal from version 1 to version 2, but now the remote control (Hauppauge) and the tv-card (same brand) are not working anymore. They used to work fine in the previous version. Any idea? When running the configuration wizard, I had to install a new IR driver. Stoitjkov
I've just upgraded MediaPortal from version 1 to version 2, but now the remote control (Hauppauge) and the tv-card (same brand) are...
I've just upgraded MediaPortal from version 1 to version 2, but now the remote control (Hauppauge) and the tv-card (same brand) are...
Replies
Views
Doh, sry, was somewhere else in my mind when posting it. Yes it's in german and the basic msg is that google did a test on influence of tempreture on HDDs. Result was that they feel fantastic around 40° and die earlier if under 30°. Kind Regards, Muldini
Doh, sry, was somewhere else in my mind when posting it. Yes it's in german and the basic msg is that google did a test on...
Windows Version: XP Pro or Server 2003? CPU Type: AMD Athlon X2 3800+ HDD: over 1TB jbod Memory: 2GB OCZ platnium Motherboard...
Replies
Views
No, RDP doesn't support DirectX so that won't work at all. With VNC the program works fine, but of course it's way too slow to watch video remotely. But it's good for testing stuff and for controlling the program remotely. I've started using my laptop more than my cordless keyboard whenever I need a keyboard or more control than...
No, RDP doesn't support DirectX so that won't work at all. With VNC the program works fine, but of course it's way too slow to...
Hi, Is there ANY way to get MediaPortal to run remotely? It doesn't have to work WELL, just get the menu to show properly so I...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom