MediaPortal 1 Talk (55 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
cool... thanks for that.. :-)
cool... thanks for that.. :-)
Hi. Can someone post some instructions on the best way to install latest SVN for TV Server ? I know how to do it for MP, but i...
Replies
Views
I thought the MP plugin should handle this as well. It checks your nominated mail box and sets an Icon if you have mail. I don't use it myself and I understand it's not very easy to actually read your mail with the plugin but this part should work. Or am I wrong? It's been known to happen...
I thought the MP plugin should handle this as well. It checks your nominated mail box and sets an Icon if you have mail. I...
I have searched this forum for some sort of mail notification. I have tried the mp "mail tool" but that didn't work for me. All I...
Replies
Views
Am I the only one with autoplay CD problem?
Am I the only one with autoplay CD problem?
I have just installed MP 0.2.3 RC1 but it seems like there is something weird going on with the IMDB queries. Maybe this also is...
Replies
Views
In fact, I can't wake my FSC Scaleo E from hibernate with the remote, so at least the IR interface is also powered down during hibernate (but not during standby). The other thing that is definitely shut off during hibernate (in contrast to standby) is an ugly yellow light in the power button. This is an additional reason for...
In fact, I can't wake my FSC Scaleo E from hibernate with the remote, so at least the IR interface is also powered down during...
Hi there, I have a couple of questions. First question: I have a MCE remote and I wish to be able to put the computer into...
Replies
Views
It has no influence on the way the remote works inside MP. MP closes the standard remote program and uses it's own way to support the remote. When you leave MP the default remote program is started again. If you run MP in a window you can see this happen. Or just watch your tray icon while running the MP configuration.
It has no influence on the way the remote works inside MP. MP closes the standard remote program and uses it's own way to support...
Hi all ...any idea how to start MP from my Hauppauge remote ? It works a treat once I run it.... but would be cool not to need...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the help guys. I'll take a look at both options mentioned. Druffski, I assume you mean I will end up with sub folders under my movies? If so, i'd rather not have more levels, but if that is my only option without another plugin, then a plugin like myfilms is what I may need. Although the thought of having to redo a...
Thanks for the help guys. I'll take a look at both options mentioned. Druffski, I assume you mean I will end up with sub...
I understand that I can password ALL videos that have been put in a certain folder, but I have a few movies (no, not THOSE kinds!)...
Replies
Views
I am in the New Orleans area and I need a list of channels for Cox service. I haven't been able to get the tv listings with any plugins as of yet. Can anyone assist or guide me in the right direction?
I am in the New Orleans area and I need a list of channels for Cox service. I haven't been able to get the tv listings with any...
I am in the New Orleans area and I need a list of channels for Cox service. I haven't been able to get the tv listings with any...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Required LAN-speed DE
I use WLAN (g) also, TV fucntions great to all clients, even the laptop in the garden.
I use WLAN (g) also, TV fucntions great to all clients, even the laptop in the garden.
Hi, is there a minimum lan speed to stream video to clients properly? My would-be tv server is connected to the clients only by...
Replies
Views
Talking is cheap so i decided to do something: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/xmltv_2-t25247.html If i'm not mistaken, this should solve your problem dvdfreak.
Talking is cheap so i decided to do something: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/xmltv_2-t25247.html If i'm not mistaken...
Hi I'm having some problems with the xmltv plugin. Or perhaps it's not a problem per se. If i'm not mistaken, the way that...
Replies
Views
IMDB queries / autoplay of music CD Posted in wrong thread!
IMDB queries / autoplay of music CD Posted in wrong thread!
Dear Friends, I have started to build an IPTV Server using vlc, to transmitted TV channels over the LAN. I would like your help...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Couple of questions DE
I'll pick up on #3 MP does use Windows Media Player as the default player. But you can assign any external video player (VLC, Zoom, etc)to replace it. And I would play with your codec settings as recommended by jburnette. It helped me with loads of video issues.
I'll pick up on #3 MP does use Windows Media Player as the default player. But you can assign any external video player (VLC...
Hi all I have been using media portal for 24hrs now and i cant believe how good it actually is,however- i need advice on a couple...
Replies
Views
Works well for me! Give it a try, and/or check out the other threads discussing the stability of the TVserver. /Peter
Works well for me! Give it a try, and/or check out the other threads discussing the stability of the TVserver. /Peter
Does anyone have any clue at all as to when TV Server may come out of Beta and be stable enough to use ? Seems like it has been...
Replies
Views
Still no solution or ideas to do this?
Still no solution or ideas to do this?
I'm not sure this is the right place to ask but here we go. Background: I've been trying to stream directly from the internet...
Replies
Views
Hallo! Ich nutze regelmäßig das Sleeptimer Plugin von "eiMer". Da es hier in der ersten Version jedoch nur 2 Einstellungen gab (60 und 120 Minuten) habe ich versucht den Quelltext um 2 weitere Einstellungen (180 und 240 Minuten) zu erweitern. Nun bräuchte ich jemanden, der mir diesen Quellcode kompilieren kann, um zu...
Hallo! Ich nutze regelmäßig das Sleeptimer Plugin von "eiMer". Da es hier in der ersten Version jedoch nur 2 Einstellungen...
Hallo! Ich nutze regelmäßig das Sleeptimer Plugin von "eiMer". Da es hier in der ersten Version jedoch nur 2 Einstellungen...
Replies
Views
Hey Keith, I really do think we agree on more than you realise, it's really only the submission method I am worried about. So please don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I mean, don't throw away the good idea just because one of the details is not agreed upon. Let me be clear that I would like auto-generated debug...
Hey Keith, I really do think we agree on more than you realise, it's really only the submission method I am worried about. So...
I upgraded to MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 RC1 release the other day, but am now experiencing fairly serious problems: crashing, freezing...
Replies
Views
Thanks for all the help! Oy.
Thanks for all the help! Oy.
Hi all, I've been using MS MCE for a while now and I've just recently started looking towards MP as an alternative. One of...
Replies
Views
Personally, I think Media Portal is perfectly stable, even despite the fact I am using SVNs. Saying that, I believe that the TV part of the program is unstable to the point where I don't/can't use it, but I think that has something to do with the fat I use a cheap TV Card and I don't have the best of tv signals at times. Other...
Personally, I think Media Portal is perfectly stable, even despite the fact I am using SVNs. Saying that, I believe that the TV...
I am looking at installing MediaPortal on my first ever HTPC and from what I have read on some other sites some people are...
Replies
Views
I tried to switch channel manually in the tv-engine, that is, timeshifting one channel, change and start timeshift the other channel. And it only took 2-3 seconds before it started timeshifting the other channel. I'm going to check the Technotrend app also, see how long it takes to switch channels there. edit: Ok, now i remember...
I tried to switch channel manually in the tv-engine, that is, timeshifting one channel, change and start timeshift the other...
Hi Is there anyone here that has the MediaPortal + TVEngine 0.3 working without any major problems using the Technotrend -...
Replies
Views
All, Have been running Mediaportal as a front end to BeyondTV and BeyondTV Link for many months now and it works great. I use Multishortcut to fire up BeyondTV from within MP. However, I'd much rather have everything integrated into MP. I am starting to explore the TV Server and I think it may work technically, however I'm...
All, Have been running Mediaportal as a front end to BeyondTV and BeyondTV Link for many months now and it works great. I use...
All, Have been running Mediaportal as a front end to BeyondTV and BeyondTV Link for many months now and it works great. I use...
Replies
Views
Can use Purevideo here on Vista Ultimate, but prefer the Cyberlink 7.3 codecs nowadays.
Can use Purevideo here on Vista Ultimate, but prefer the Cyberlink 7.3 codecs nowadays.
I put a question to Nvidia about if they intend to release a PureVideo Decoder for MS Vista. Here are the answer. What decoder is...
Replies
Views
Noone is perfect :D I use it a lot. I use Firefox as an external webbrowser so it checks for that to make sure MP doesn't suspend while I'm browsing the internet. And as I mentioned when in maintenance mode, or using a stand-alone DVD player like PowerDVD. I also use it for webepg.exe but I'm not sure if that is needed with...
Noone is perfect :D I use it a lot. I use Firefox as an external webbrowser so it checks for that to make sure MP doesn't...
Hi, Is there any known way to deactivate powerscheduler from the commandline when you are doing maintenance? Or is it possible...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New user. DE
Thanks for info,I do have a Happage Nova-T usb2 (Soho) which is reconized in the setup but does not find and channels. If i run the Happage program alone all channels are found. Regards Peter.
Thanks for info,I do have a Happage Nova-T usb2 (Soho) which is reconized in the setup but does not find and channels. If i run...
Hi just installed MediaPortal and this is a basic question do I need a TV card on my computer ?, if so what is recommended. Thanks...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 ReWorking My Radio DE
I'd like to see this too. I can see why you might want to separate Radio and TV, but Radio could well mirror the TV functions. I tried a PM to the My Radio Replacement guy, but no response. At the moment, my problem is more basic. MP won't deliver radio channels from the Technisat SkyStar 2 card at all, though it faithfully downloads...
I'd like to see this too. I can see why you might want to separate Radio and TV, but Radio could well mirror the TV functions. I...
I realise that Radio is not a priority for any of the devs, but does anyone think that most of the code from My TV could be reused...
Replies
Views
Where did it go?? It was a sooo nice feature... =/
Replies
Views
Do you use wireless network? Windows Zero Configuration can cause this, try disabling it (in services) and see if it helps..
Do you use wireless network? Windows Zero Configuration can cause this, try disabling it (in services) and see if it helps..
Hi, I wondered if anyone may be able to explain the following: Every 2 minutes (ish) MediaPortal at idle does something for...
Replies
Views
The iMON LCD display requires a different driver to the other iMON VFD displays, since it is pixel based. Please see: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/silverstone_gd01_mx_imon_oem_lcd_limited-t24548.html?p=157728 and https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=157731&postcount=39
The iMON LCD display requires a different driver to the other iMON VFD displays, since it is pixel based. Please see...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have just swapped my LC16M Silverstone VFD...
Replies
Views
No matter what i do i can not get the zap2it plugin to work, i hit refresh and it wont see my lineup. I can login to the website just fine and i see my lineup but the media portal config wont see it. is there a better way to get my guide info?
No matter what i do i can not get the zap2it plugin to work, i hit refresh and it wont see my lineup. I can login to the website...
No matter what i do i can not get the zap2it plugin to work, i hit refresh and it wont see my lineup. I can login to the website...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Descramble Timeout DE
Hi, is there any update on this? I always have the problem that after hibernate, the scrambled channels do not work. MP gives me the message "channel is scrambled". If I restart the TVServer, sometimes it works but sometimes I have to eject the Smartcard before it works again. If I use the TT media Center, I do not have these...
Hi, is there any update on this? I always have the problem that after hibernate, the scrambled channels do not work. MP gives me...
Hi, i´ve got the problem that the timeout setting for descrambling a channel is sometimes to short. After 5 sec MP returns...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Windows Home Server DE
Thanks guys... Seems like WHS is promising... :-)
Thanks guys... Seems like WHS is promising... :-)
Hi all. Has anyone tried running TvEngine 0.3 on WHS ? If so, what has been your experience ? thank you
Replies
Views
Hallo zusammen, Ich versuche meine Terratec Cinergy T USB XS Karte mit dem TVServer zum laufen zu bringen. Gibt es überhaupt Möglichkeiten die Karten in TVServer zu beeinflussen (z.B. so wie CaptureCardDefinitions.xml in MP)?? Hat vielleicht jemand diese Karte (im Analog-Modus!) am laufen?? Gruss, pawi
Hallo zusammen, Ich versuche meine Terratec Cinergy T USB XS Karte mit dem TVServer zum laufen zu bringen. Gibt es überhaupt...
Hallo zusammen, Ich versuche meine Terratec Cinergy T USB XS Karte mit dem TVServer zum laufen zu bringen. Gibt es überhaupt...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom