MediaPortal 1 Talk (56 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
This would be really useful for me. I have a directory called Transfer which contains recently received movies, so most of the time that I'm looking for something to watch I want to see what's most recent, thus I usually have that folder open and sorted by date... but since folders are separate from the files, I have to look in two...
This would be really useful for me. I have a directory called Transfer which contains recently received movies, so most of the time...
Does anyone else find the name sorting on the shares view for video files a bit unhelpful? Folders are always sorted to come before...
Replies
Views
Thanks again mPod! You will be happy to hear that my MP machine is pretty much finished and set-up now, so I wont post half as many questions anymore!! ;)
Thanks again mPod! You will be happy to hear that my MP machine is pretty much finished and set-up now, so I wont post half as...
So Im using NVidia Purevideo. Ive set the deinterlacing setting for PureVideo to ON in the codec settings. But in the MP...
Replies
Views
is there anyway to make windows to auto shutdown when mp is idle and then boot before a scheduled recording?? I have this set up on my mythtv box and it really makes a difference as i don't miss any recordings!!! I recently tested the server too and it is really coming along!! Massive respect to frodo and all the guys...
is there anyway to make windows to auto shutdown when mp is idle and then boot before a scheduled recording?? I have this set up...
is there anyway to make windows to auto shutdown when mp is idle and then boot before a scheduled recording?? I have this set up...
Replies
Views
Changes under TV settings here, but if you have ticked the box relating to add recorded tv to movie database, then playback under video's would control the codec usage as well.
Changes under TV settings here, but if you have ticked the box relating to add recorded tv to movie database, then playback under...
Hello, I installed the TV Server and the MediaPortal Plugin. The TV Server is working prefectly but how do I get the Plugin...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Burn TV-programs DE
but i just want to do it with a click in MP ;)
but i just want to do it with a click in MP ;)
Exactly what to i need to, in the easiest way, burn my recorded tv-shows to a DVD without any loss of quality? And what do i need...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Master/Slave usage DE
Since the creation of Powerscheduler for TV3 I've started using it. Well done guys, it rocks :) I have a question about the pros of the master/slave set up. If I have the main PC upstairs, that is always on and set it up as the master, then I have a slave downstairs as the main house HTPC, will the downstairs PC still be able...
Since the creation of Powerscheduler for TV3 I've started using it. Well done guys, it rocks :) I have a question about the...
Since the creation of Powerscheduler for TV3 I've started using it. Well done guys, it rocks :) I have a question about the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Is it possible to use the the new TV server to stream music as well. I would like to be able to listen to the same music streams in multiple roooms around the house. Cheers Jon
Hi, Is it possible to use the the new TV server to stream music as well. I would like to be able to listen to the same music...
Hi, Is it possible to use the the new TV server to stream music as well. I would like to be able to listen to the same music...
Replies
Views
Hi Joche, I guess the choice of card depend on the size of your wallet etc. I have a Twinhan Ter-CI which can take the Free-To-Air channels as well as Boxer channels, see http://www.twinhan.com/product_terrestrial_3030.asp. It has worked really nicely and costs about 1200 SEK. Not that many cards support encrypted channels so...
Hi Joche, I guess the choice of card depend on the size of your wallet etc. I have a Twinhan Ter-CI which can take the...
First off: I'm not genuine interested in the TV thing, the cards, the systems etc. Yet: It would be cool to put a DVB card into...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Waking Pc DE
Hi, If you go to device manager and look at the properties for your network card, there's also an "Energy" or perhaps "Power Management" tab. There, you have a setting called "this device can wakeup the computer from standby". Actually there are several device classes which have this property. Sometimes disabling this option...
Hi, If you go to device manager and look at the properties for your network card, there's also an "Energy" or perhaps "Power...
I know this is a problem of many, but I cannot seem to find the problem. My pc wakes up from standby every night, and I find it...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 motherboard DE
sounds like we shopuld better fill this place with more info ;) http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/HomeTheatreSolutions
sounds like we shopuld better fill this place with more info ;) http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/HomeTheatreSolutions
:wtf: building my first HTPC and have decided on everything except which motherboard to get. been searching the web for days now...
Replies
Views
Tomtom, looks like we have a winner, that guide really helped. My only issue there was some of my file names weren't perfect, but that is getting fixed as well. I found an Xbox site that has the pictures named properly for the box, and then you simply run a utlity to fix the rom names (it basically crops them) I haven't had the...
Tomtom, looks like we have a winner, that guide really helped. My only issue there was some of my file names weren't perfect, but...
Hey guys, I am toying around with using MediaPortal as a frontend for emulators as none of them have an interface as nice as...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the replies, then I know that it will work to wake it up with a client.
Thanks for the replies, then I know that it will work to wake it up with a client.
Hi all. I have a question, now when the powerscheduler plugin is there for the tv-server, how will it work with the clients...
Replies
Views
My antenna was broken!? It could pick up any channel but the ones on 570 MHz. That's strange. 100% everywhere, but 0% on 570 MHz. I fixed the antenna... Regards dero
My antenna was broken!? It could pick up any channel but the ones on 570 MHz. That's strange. 100% everywhere, but 0% on 570 MHz...
Hi folks, since a few days, I can't receive ZDF with my Nova-T PCI DVB-T card anymore. They changed the guard intervall from 1/8...
Replies
Views
Hey ssubo, TVE2 is integrated in the normal download of the stable version. So if you want to use it, just download MP Version 0.2.2.0 and run configuration.exe (or Config from your desktop) Regards, Paloema
Hey ssubo, TVE2 is integrated in the normal download of the stable version. So if you want to use it, just download MP Version...
Where can I download TV Engine 2 from? Thanks a lot! Ssubo
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Fonts DE
Hi All!!! Thank you for this project!!! I like MP. I have a question. I have standard skin and 27 " monitor. The fonts for titles of movies too small. Who can help me to increase this fonts? And next question, how to change to sensitivities of my remote control it jumping throw new positions on the menu. Thks!!!
Hi All!!! Thank you for this project!!! I like MP. I have a question. I have standard skin and 27 " monitor. The fonts for...
Hi All!!! Thank you for this project!!! I like MP. I have a question. I have standard skin and 27 " monitor. The fonts for...
Replies
Views
No need to go water-cooling just pick the right components will do the trick I to have water-cooling but that's just in my game pc because of SLI and a Little overclocking and wanted to have it silent But i got my HTPC even more silent then my game pc audible only if you get whit in 20-30cm of the case. Look at the components...
No need to go water-cooling just pick the right components will do the trick I to have water-cooling but that's just in my game...
Hey all. First of all I'd like to say that as an XBMC fan, MP looks like a great solution going into the future especially for HD...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Gate Skin DE
GREAT!! Thanks for your reply! That did help with the messages at the beginning. Thanks Again!! Ray
GREAT!! Thanks for your reply! That did help with the messages at the beginning. Thanks Again!! Ray
I really liked the way the gate skin looks...great job. But it doesn't appear to work for me. If I select it in the setup, then...
Replies
Views
As always, you are amazing!
As always, you are amazing!
Hello all, In the MCE remote setup, I'm having problem setting more than one command within a specific layer. I want a button to...
Replies
Views
Thanks for that. In the meantime (until the home plugin is finished) is there anything else I can do? My recorded tv files come out without zeroes padding them, which means my compression program is unable to organise them automatically. I'm at my wits end!! Please please please help someone! :ooops:
Thanks for that. In the meantime (until the home plugin is finished) is there anything else I can do? My recorded tv files come...
Hey guys. Quick question - how can I make MP display time in a 24h format (i.e. 19:30:00 instead of 7:30 PM). I'm referring to time...
Replies
Views
I agree with GXTracker. One service that I thinke veryone should stop though, is the indexing service. Even when you disable all indexing in the drive's properties the service still runs, using almost as many resources to just sit there and do nothing.
I agree with GXTracker. One service that I thinke veryone should stop though, is the indexing service. Even when you disable...
Media Center are a rather coming of age breed of computers. A lot of issues with the current operating systems really interfere...
Replies
Views
Should be in the .XML, I updated it around 16.00 since my perl script that generates the XML f**ked up the MUX descriptions.
Should be in the .XML, I updated it around 16.00 since my perl script that generates the XML f**ked up the MUX descriptions.
Hello Today Boxer changed their channel list and everyone have to rescan. Hovever this wont get all channels since some changes...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 novatech bundle DE
novatech are doing a bundle at the moment with ATX nvidia motherboard/AMD Athlon 64 3200 processor/1GB DDR Ram. here... http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?mbb-32611g&P=1 Does anybody use this Mobo to run MP? any good? id also like to replace the fan with a Zalman CNPS700B if anybody knows about it. thanks :thx...
novatech are doing a bundle at the moment with ATX nvidia motherboard/AMD Athlon 64 3200 processor/1GB DDR Ram. here...
novatech are doing a bundle at the moment with ATX nvidia motherboard/AMD Athlon 64 3200 processor/1GB DDR Ram. here...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Convince me to swap DE
To the musicview: Imho what you want isn't possible. To the startup time: Seems to be quite a bit long for your machine (tho it won't start in 2 secs...). Maybe try to disable not needed plugins and change to standard-b2-skin for testing. And if that doesnt help, try a clean install. Sorry, that I have no other hints for you :-|...
To the musicview: Imho what you want isn't possible. To the startup time: Seems to be quite a bit long for your machine (tho it...
Hey all. I'm currenly building / testing my first HTPC with Vista MC and am considering switching to MediaPortal. I just have a few...
Replies
Views
NLS, there is one thing i realy do not understand about you. You allready asked that questions more than a few times. and bavarian told you that he will do it as soon as he has time. so why you ask that question again, and again, and again? :S do you think that he will do you feature-request faster then?
NLS, there is one thing i realy do not understand about you. You allready asked that questions more than a few times. and...
Hi all, I am not a developer of mediaportal myself, but am a developer.... and felt the need to say the following after browsing...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Internet Explorer DE
Great Thanks Yes that web plugin works fine for now. Thanks for your help!! Ray
Great Thanks Yes that web plugin works fine for now. Thanks for your help!! Ray
Can someone please help me setup Internet Explorer in Media Portal? I would like to hve a screen with icons for different sites...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TVE or MyTV? DE
Is it? I guess it depends more on what features you need. ;) So I take your comment as: "I need it all!" :D
Is it? I guess it depends more on what features you need. ;) So I take your comment as: "I need it all!" :D
I'm building my own htpc atm, which contains a floppydtv-C to receive an encrypted cable signal. I was wondering whether I should...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP Demo DE
Thanks, I used Zeallsoft's "Super Screen Capture".
Thanks, I used Zeallsoft's "Super Screen Capture".
Hi, Here's a link to a MP demo video I've made using the Replicant skin. I made it because too many people in the Israeli HTPC...
Replies
Views
I guess this will be a natural progression. All databases being SQL based. Maybe even storing things like tumbs in the DB. In the mean time this trick works well for me: :-) https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/more_databases_server-t14727.html?t=14727&highlight=MediaPortalDirs
I guess this will be a natural progression. All databases being SQL based. Maybe even storing things like tumbs in the DB. In...
Hey, First up, this program rocks, I like the ability to be able to watch tv on other pcs in the household! Anyways I was just...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Codec confusion DE
Hi, Well everything equal or above these: nVidia: 5200 FX ATi: 9550 Personally I like mike passive 7600 GT very much. :D Flip.
Hi, Well everything equal or above these: nVidia: 5200 FX ATi: 9550 Personally I like mike passive 7600 GT very much. :D...
OS: Windows XP Pro CPU: P4 2.4GHz Video-card: Nvidia Gforce MX 440 TV-card: fireDTV Meedio: 0.2.2.0 Display: Sanyo Z4SV...
Replies
Views
Take a look at the USA EPG plugin. It is by far the best USA program guide solution for MP. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/original_thread_us_canadian_mexico_epg_zap2it-t8278.html
Take a look at the USA EPG plugin. It is by far the best USA program guide solution for MP...
Hey everyone, Decided to give MP a try as an alternative to my current use of MCE based on the great reviews Ive heard about it...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom