MediaPortal 1 Talk (34 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
thanks! for h.264 the funny thing is that i can decode 1080p with the aid of my gf7600. but somehow hardware acceleration for VC-1 will only work if you have hdmi. At least that's what i have read somewhere. Stupid industry. If every newer CPU is capable of decoding it! :-(
thanks! for h.264 the funny thing is that i can decode 1080p with the aid of my gf7600. but somehow hardware acceleration for VC-1...
Hello, I heard that the new XBox HD Drive is avalible and should also work with PC (WINXP). Special driver is needed. Could...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 is this standby DE
ok chaps... i still can't wake up my PC from hibernate using the MCE remote. the USB receiver doesn't have power (as the red LED doesn't flash when i press a button on the remote) i have enabled all the HID devices to allow wakeup. i have changed the jumpter on the motherboard to allow wakeup from keyb/mouse. still...
ok chaps... i still can't wake up my PC from hibernate using the MCE remote. the USB receiver doesn't have power (as the red LED...
hi got media portal up and running now great after full system install,using it with windows remote control ,when i press the off...
Replies
Views
Avermedia released their Clear QAM enabled app ( Still beta) http://www.aver.com/mpd/support/download/combopcie_mediacenter.html It works with the A180 and the Combo PCIe. For the A180 you need to upgrade the driver to Version 3.5.0.44 WHQL. Pros: - Clear QAM reception finally possible. Cons: - 3.5.0.44 driver not...
Avermedia released their Clear QAM enabled app ( Still beta) http://www.aver.com/mpd/support/download/combopcie_mediacenter.html...
Avermedia released their Clear QAM enabled app ( Still beta) http://www.aver.com/mpd/support/download/combopcie_mediacenter.html...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'd love to know the answer on this as well :)
Hi - I'd love to know the answer on this as well :)
hi! As already described in another thread, there are sometimes problems after installation of updates of tv-server. In my case, it...
Replies
Views
Jepp, i have seen this one too, please start a proper report and I will confirm the issue (if then still in SVN). Regards, Paloema
Jepp, i have seen this one too, please start a proper report and I will confirm the issue (if then still in SVN). Regards, Paloema
If I'm watching a channel using one tuner and have another tuner in the middle of a scheduled recording then change to the channel...
Replies
Views
Sounds good. I'll give it another try. Thanks!
Sounds good. I'll give it another try. Thanks!
I'm an MP newbie. I installed MP along with my new pcHDTV 5500 card. I used this post to to get the config right. I...
Replies
Views
As of yet the AIW range of TUNERS with the Theatre200 chipset and the T200 or WDM-NSP drivers do not work with the TV engine 3.0. I have tried to get more info so that I could do further testing but have had no luck in this respect.
As of yet the AIW range of TUNERS with the Theatre200 chipset and the T200 or WDM-NSP drivers do not work with the TV engine 3.0...
I want to use the AIW R7500 with the 0.3 server, but before I go and install everything... has anyone tried it before me? ...and...
Replies
Views
Hi, often discussed: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/media_portal_being_sold_ebay-t3488.html?t=3488 https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/media_portal_being_sold_ebay-t8168.html?t=8168 No nice, but also not illegal... Flip.
Hi, often discussed: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/media_portal_being_sold_ebay-t3488.html?t=3488...
Someone is actually trying to sell MediaPortal on eBay...
Replies
Views
You'll probably be wanting to use the 28.2E Astra 2A/2B, Eurobird... satellite, you'll find BBC-HD along with all the other regional BBC stuff. The hauppauge HVR 4000 worked straight out the box (except for having to plug it in, set up the drivers, etc). I disabled the analog and dvb-t cards in tvserver, not because of any specific...
You'll probably be wanting to use the 28.2E Astra 2A/2B, Eurobird... satellite, you'll find BBC-HD along with all the other...
I've seen a similar question asked elsewhere in these forums but not specifically for tvserver. Does anyone know if the new...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP legalities DE
You may not charge for MediaPortal in this case, only for your work, documentation & hardware. Of course it would be nice if you'd donate a small portion of the money you earn with it. This way you passively support the development of MediaPortal which is a great benefit for your products you're about to sell. As soon as you modify...
You may not charge for MediaPortal in this case, only for your work, documentation & hardware. Of course it would be nice if you'd...
Hi, im looking to build and sell a HTPC and want to bundle it with media portal. what are the legalities behind doing this? id...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV Server over WAN DE
This is how you can get it to work -> https://www.team-mediaportal.com/news/global/live_tv_on_your_cellphone/pda_or_web.html I'we tried it. The picture quality is not good but it works... Regards / Tomas
This is how you can get it to work -> https://www.team-mediaportal.com/news/global/live_tv_on_your_cellphone/pda_or_web.html...
Anyone tried this? I tried connecting to my TV server via the internet (from work) using VLC and it connects but continuously...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Weird audio problem DE
nvm, seems like it was just the email plugin i just activated lol crappy default sound on it tho
nvm, seems like it was just the email plugin i just activated lol crappy default sound on it tho
Don't know how exactly to describe it, but every 30 min or so a sound comes out of my speakers. The only other place i've heard...
Replies
Views
Well I hope it will work. For me not waking up to record is something that can make the difference from using MP for TV to not not using MP for TV. But it should not be complicated to do it. MP only needs to always put the next recording time as a Windows Schedualed Task.
Well I hope it will work. For me not waking up to record is something that can make the difference from using MP for TV to not not...
hi! Today I've installed the TV server (latest svn) and initially, it will be a great product! However, I have some questions: 1...
Replies
Views
I have the same card, and I had one hell of a time trying to get my card to work in MP with Vista. I gave up after 2 days. I am just waiting for someone to post some set of instructions to get it all working. XMLTV doesnt work, and I cant get my channels to work in MP, I could not get MP to work at all for my HTPC at all!! The...
I have the same card, and I had one hell of a time trying to get my card to work in MP with Vista. I gave up after 2 days. I am...
I have a Dvico Fusion HDTV 5 Gold. This card works great using the crappy dvico software, as I can tune both ATSC OTA in HDTV...
Replies
Views
Hardware acceleration will work within MediaPortal if you have the appropriate decoders installed. So if you installed PowerDVD 7.2 and Windows Media Player 10 or 11 on a system with an SSE2-enabled processor and a PCI-e video card, then you would have working hardware accelerated MPEG-2, WMV/VC-1, and H.264 in MediaPortal. As for...
Hardware acceleration will work within MediaPortal if you have the appropriate decoders installed. So if you installed PowerDVD...
Hello, I'm still unclear how this whole PureVideo HD deal works. I found this link for drivers...
Replies
Views
Legally yes. Morally, not a chance. I don't mind so much if they are value adding. But 99.9% of those sort of eBay sellers are just burning a CD. Big deal. And they're deliberately deceptive. They add all sorts of words into the name of the product, like "Windows XP Media Portal Edition" and stuff like that ... It's...
Legally yes. Morally, not a chance. I don't mind so much if they are value adding. But 99.9% of those sort of eBay sellers...
Is this someone actually trying to sell Mediaportal...
Replies
Views
Hi, I installed this tvguide. When i was ready with the install i got the programs in the guide, but a few minutes later the epg was gone and MP doen not import the EPG again. Doen some one know what the problem is? Greetz, Spiderman
Hi, I installed this tvguide. When i was ready with the install i got the programs in the guide, but a few minutes later the epg...
Hi, I'm a newbie with xmltv and i need help to setup the Dutch xmltv guide in TV-Server. Who like to help me? Greetz...
Replies
Views
It would be nice (feature-wise) to have an overlay which would allow the RSS feed to show over the TV/video in full screen. But your approach may work also. There is an overlay which work for callerID, it would be nice to allow weather also to appear as a small (height-wise) overlay (at the bottom) while the TV is running full screen.
It would be nice (feature-wise) to have an overlay which would allow the RSS feed to show over the TV/video in full screen. But...
I'm still building my frontend box to run MediaPortal so I'm a total newb and please forgive me if this is already available or has...
Replies
Views
Hi, If i remember correct the one @ bottom it's used first :) Regards Roy
Hi, If i remember correct the one @ bottom it's used first :) Regards Roy
Ok, I'm running 3 Tuners in my machine, well it's 2 physical tuners, but my Hauppage PVR500MCE is a dual-tuner card. All tuners are...
Replies
Views
Hi Totaly new to this amazing peace of software and I need some guidance. After having read the last.fm plugin thread I activated the plugins last.fm radio and auioscrobbler.. and nothing happened. after some more reading I understood that this was anohter piece of software, so, downloaded, installed and created a last.fm account...
Hi Totaly new to this amazing peace of software and I need some guidance. After having read the last.fm plugin thread I activated...
Hi Totaly new to this amazing peace of software and I need some guidance. After having read the last.fm plugin thread I activated...
Replies
Views
Geez...over a year since my flaming post about the MediaMVP as a client to MP, and another user brings it up again. Even saw a poll about it. Users want it. And to respond to another reply, yes there are fanless computers you can use as a client, but not for $89.00US! I've used GBPVR with MediaMVP and it works flawlessly (haven't...
Geez...over a year since my flaming post about the MediaMVP as a client to MP, and another user brings it up again. Even saw a...
Hi All, I have been using MP for 8 months with mixed feeling. I really like the overall functionality and features of MP over any...
Replies
Views
So I read the forums about the inability of MPV to provide a non-stutter picture on clients. Checking the Client logs, I see that the MPV/MPA decoders are always sought and added to the graph...even though I select NVIDIA decoders in the setup and even though its listed as the primary/default decoder through DECCHECK. I read the...
So I read the forums about the inability of MPV to provide a non-stutter picture on clients. Checking the Client logs, I see that...
So I read the forums about the inability of MPV to provide a non-stutter picture on clients. Checking the Client logs, I see that...
Replies
Views
thanks a lot that works a treat eetaylog
thanks a lot that works a treat eetaylog
Ive ripped several dvds to my HDD (and left them as .VOB files) and want to run them through media portal as a mass storage medium...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 KNC1 & Technotrend DE
smallishzulu I have both cards TT-3200 and KNC One DVB-S2 using TVE3. The TT-3200 works quite well. The KNC1 doesnt tune in/find any channels regarding DVB-S2. DVB-S channels are OK, but not all are found (compared to TT-3200), maybe this cards tuner is not as good as the TTs one. If i had to choose again which card to buy it would be...
smallishzulu I have both cards TT-3200 and KNC One DVB-S2 using TVE3. The TT-3200 works quite well. The KNC1 doesnt tune in/find...
Hi all, I have some questions: - Does KNC1 DVB-S card with the latest BDA driver work in TV Engine 3? - Does KNC1 DVB-S2...
Replies
Views
ahh cool... it was a mistake on my part.. it's works pretty good..
ahh cool... it was a mistake on my part.. it's works pretty good..
G'day.. i was just wondering if mediaportal would support running some components on a network drive.. what im trying to do is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 FlyDvb-S supported? DE
Hi everybody, I've been using MP for quiet a while now and I want to take this opportunity to thank all developers, testers, designers etc. To my question. Does MP support this card: http://www.lifeview.com.tw/html/products/internal_tv/flydvbs.htm It does appear on the supported cards list but under the DVB-T cards and...
Hi everybody, I've been using MP for quiet a while now and I want to take this opportunity to thank all developers, testers...
Hi everybody, I've been using MP for quiet a while now and I want to take this opportunity to thank all developers, testers...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 mute bug DE
Hi. I am having "mute" problems myself (latest SVN). Mute (and only the mute-button) seems to do a "double-click". Using MP in window mode confirms this (volume tray shows a mute symbol for a very short time). When using the MCE remote in windows, this does not occur; one click = mute on/off. EDIT: Used a backup and latest SVN -->...
Hi. I am having "mute" problems myself (latest SVN). Mute (and only the mute-button) seems to do a "double-click". Using MP in...
- it randomly un-mutes itself. twice in the last 2 days. - Doesn't save settinsg between re-boots - should have option to NOT...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I'm using a Technotrend S2-3200 DVB-S2 card and I'd like to use my usals positioner with it. Can I use it with MP? I've head that BDA drivers don't support motors but WDM drivers support them. Is that true? If it's not possible, can I use another software to move my positioner with my S2-3200? Thank you very...
Hi everybody, I'm using a Technotrend S2-3200 DVB-S2 card and I'd like to use my usals positioner with it. Can I use it with MP...
Hi everybody, I'm using a Technotrend S2-3200 DVB-S2 card and I'd like to use my usals positioner with it. Can I use it with MP...
Replies
Views
Have an eye on the new TV Server (still beta), it seems to be perfect for your needs. Your specs are looking good so far, hard to say how it all would affect performance. Best is: Try it. You can uninstall it anytime & install it on you workstation. I bet that won't be needed.
Have an eye on the new TV Server (still beta), it seems to be perfect for your needs. Your specs are looking good so far, hard to...
I am currently running Swisscenter on my server to "serve" vob files to a couple of media players. I want to purchase a HDHomeRun...
Replies
Views
i use Dvico cards @ home and they run quite well, but can be abit of a cpu hog with the BDA drivers from what i understand unless you use DxVA SW decoder with the fusionHDTV software.. and yes.. ill be streaming the FTA and SAT channels @ once.. i have 2x scsi 15k 32gig for timeshift to work with, so that should be ok
i use Dvico cards @ home and they run quite well, but can be abit of a cpu hog with the BDA drivers from what i understand unless...
well.. im in a middle od getting a test TV-Server up and running on a old HP prolient server and need some help in finding some...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom