MediaPortal 1 Talk (52 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
hallo i use the S-Video tv-out on my graphics-card for my two TVs, one in the living-room and one in the bedroom.. Now i´m going to buy an LCD-tv, wich requiers a resolution at 1366x768 and will of course be connected by the DVI-interface... The tv-out only supports 1024x768... Is it possible to get the same image on the both...
hallo i use the S-Video tv-out on my graphics-card for my two TVs, one in the living-room and one in the bedroom.. Now i´m going...
hallo i use the S-Video tv-out on my graphics-card for my two TVs, one in the living-room and one in the bedroom.. Now i´m going...
Replies
Views
Yeah fair comment. :-)
Yeah fair comment. :-)
It is with regret and a tinge of guilt that I feel compelled to tell my story. A few months ago, I started my quest to build and...
Replies
Views
you only have two options.. TS or MPEG. i don't think xbox supports either (althought it may do MPEG). if you are using tvengine2 then you are limited to only TS. if you are using tvengine3 then you can choose between TS and MPEG.
you only have two options.. TS or MPEG. i don't think xbox supports either (althought it may do MPEG). if you are using...
First off, i wasnt sure where to put this post so if it is in the wrong area I am able to stream my Music, Pictures, and Non-...
Replies
Views
Try the tips in this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tv_stuttering_troubleshooting-t19084.html These are the most common causes and ways to resolve stuttering
Try the tips in this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tv_stuttering_troubleshooting-t19084.html These are the most...
I have been using Mediaportal for some time now, and now I have a real setup based on a Antec Lifestyle Fusion box with AMD Athlon...
Replies
Views
TVServer 3 should do so as well...
TVServer 3 should do so as well...
Hi! My CI-Module doesn't work with MP. I tried a 1500 DVB-S card as well as a 3200 DVB-S S2 card. I also tested on different PCs...
Replies
Views
Have had a very similar problem... https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/quicky_question_uk_dvb_t_freeviewers-t19613.html Have not been able to record BBC2 reliably in .mpg format for some time, use .ts format and it all works.
Have had a very similar problem... https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/quicky_question_uk_dvb_t_freeviewers-t19613.html Have...
Hi, So I've made my first scheduled recording with the TV Server, but there's a problem. The programme shows up under...
Replies
Views
OK all of us now MP is great but not perfect and there are a lot of other projects out there that are a lot better at some tings then MP and visa versa, MeediOS is one of these. yes the feel of MeediOS is a lot faster but the main 2 reasons i use mainly MP are the kick ass TVserver and the real nice looking Project-Mayhem III skin...
OK all of us now MP is great but not perfect and there are a lot of other projects out there that are a lot better at some tings...
Interesting thread over at MeediOS As part of the cleanup from the mess with the dev list concept I posted, I got involved in a...
Replies
Views
I have read that in the forum, but how do I find the drivers for the remote?
I have read that in the forum, but how do I find the drivers for the remote?
I just bougt a WinTV-PVR-150 MCE and having problem installing the included remote. When the computer booting up my OS (Microsoft...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 refresh tv-logos? DE
Remove the packedgfx__.png and .bxml files from your selected skin directory. The files get cached in there. These files will be recreated when you restart MP.
Remove the packedgfx__.png and .bxml files from your selected skin directory. The files get cached in there. These files will be...
Hello... I´ve replaced my TV-logos with some new ones... but MP still shows the old ones =S If i delete them, i don´t get any...
Replies
Views
My vote goes to MCE remote. Yes natively
My vote goes to MCE remote. Yes natively
Hey guys, I got the TV Winder 650 and mediaportal is working alright with it. I got an offer to choose between the Windows MCE...
Replies
Views
Maybe one shows current weather the other todays or some forecast values? tomtom
Maybe one shows current weather the other todays or some forecast values? tomtom
I've been trying out the new weather overlay feature, but for some reason it keeps showing different information than the main...
Replies
Views
Microsoft have pute up a beginers cours for wane be software progamers People how dosent have programing skill but would like to learn and maybe wane be contribute to MP can have a go here to learn more a bout .NET http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/beginner/ maybe this is somting for the home page and at least...
Microsoft have pute up a beginers cours for wane be software progamers People how dosent have programing skill but would like to...
Microsoft have pute up a beginers cours for wane be software progamers People how dosent have programing skill but would like to...
Replies
Views
PVRScheduler will do all the above, but it requires a DONATION to download. Personally as much as i love MP, would not run it without PVRS running in the background. This may all change in the future, but for one PC need a reliable system. Regards
PVRScheduler will do all the above, but it requires a DONATION to download. Personally as much as i love MP, would not run it...
Hello everyone! Don't know if it's the right place to post this... it's not a real support request O_ò I know that from the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm running the last svn version of TV-Server with Astra 28,2 - Astra 19,2 and Hotbird 13.0 I have more then 2000 channels in my list. Is there a handy way to create a good channel list? Thanks. Greetz, Spiderman
Hi, I'm running the last svn version of TV-Server with Astra 28,2 - Astra 19,2 and Hotbird 13.0 I have more then 2000...
Hi, I'm running the last svn version of TV-Server with Astra 28,2 - Astra 19,2 and Hotbird 13.0 I have more then 2000...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I think I will be there on 17th. Maybe we can locate where to meet and at what time, next week. If you're still interested? The guys who are there for business and have a stand may tell us their location. Regards Ralph
Hi, I think I will be there on 17th. Maybe we can locate where to meet and at what time, next week. If you're still...
As every year, the Cebit approches and i will be there ;) so i thought maybe some other mediaportal users are giong to go there...
Replies
Views
Auf der Technotrend Seite isser. Läuft mit vista32 und TT3200 perfekt :-) viel Spaß
Auf der Technotrend Seite isser. Läuft mit vista32 und TT3200 perfekt :-) viel Spaß
Is there any BDA driver for Technotrend S2 3200 card that support vista ?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Removing delay DE
That's too bad. I wanted to plug my consoles into my tv-card too, because my tv (or rather very big crt monitor) doesn't have composite inputs, just a vga/dsub. Besides, I was hoping that by going through the tv-card, the image would be enhanced for display on a (non-interlaced) monitor. With the good old DScaler everything worked...
That's too bad. I wanted to plug my consoles into my tv-card too, because my tv (or rather very big crt monitor) doesn't have...
Hey, I'm trying to get my ps2 running through my video card. But there is about a2 second the delay in mediaportal. It is not the...
Replies
Views
I tried it, recording ABC, ABC2 and ABC HD at the same time, and it worked great. Just one card in use. Only downturn was the chewing up of a lot of HHD space especially due to the HD recording. Except for this experiment, I don't realy use this function because none of the TV channels transmit anything worth watching on their...
I tried it, recording ABC, ABC2 and ABC HD at the same time, and it worked great. Just one card in use. Only downturn was the...
Howdy all I am very much liking the direction of MP, especially the prospect of recording multiple programs on one card.....but...
Replies
Views
MP Rocks. But we are comparing HW to SW here :P Its not like MP hae to manufacture thhousands of HW units...
MP Rocks. But we are comparing HW to SW here :P Its not like MP hae to manufacture thhousands of HW units...
Well I see that Apple TV is delayed for delivery in February like promised. But my Media Portal equivalent still keeps working and...
Replies
Views
The wireless may not be so good. You'll have to try it for your self. I find too many breaks in the stream. (I have laptop with built-in intel wireless card and a linksys access point only about 10 meters away. If U can run a cat5 cable then it would be much better. otherwise you will be all set to go. On the server (your current MP...
The wireless may not be so good. You'll have to try it for your self. I find too many breaks in the stream. (I have laptop with...
I am looking at TV Server to determine if it is what I require for my purpose and I hoped someone will point me in the right...
Replies
Views
rtv: What's really weird is it didn't crash now that I tried to do it again. Must be unrelated. If I DO get another crash I'll remember to post the log here for you though. Emph
rtv: What's really weird is it didn't crash now that I tried to do it again. Must be unrelated. If I DO get another crash I'll...
I really like how easy and nice it is to get posters/covers showing instead of a folder icon while browsing your movies. What I...
Replies
Views
I should have said that I was doing an integration between Xlobby and the Tvserver before, but did not. I do it now so there will be no hard feelings and if the devs have any pointers about this please let me know so I can correct it. Regards Lasse
I should have said that I was doing an integration between Xlobby and the Tvserver before, but did not. I do it now so there will...
I should have said that I was doing an integration between Xlobby and the Tvserver before, but did not. I do it now so there will...
Replies
Views
I purchased 2 usb dognel adpaters for dbv-t. They work fine on mp and tv server. Digital tv is recomended unless you have pay tv.
I purchased 2 usb dognel adpaters for dbv-t. They work fine on mp and tv server. Digital tv is recomended unless you have pay tv.
I am in Australia and love Media Portal. I am about to buy a TV turner card, does anyone have any idea of the a card that I can buy...
Replies
Views
Just one stream, when timeshifting. But it is possible to record multiple channels off the same mux.
Just one stream, when timeshifting. But it is possible to record multiple channels off the same mux.
Hi, I did a search in this forum but could not find an answer to this. What is being recorded by the TVServer? Is it the...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I'm thrilled the remote learning thing works for someone. When I wrote that section, I wasn't sure if anyone was going to use it.
Thanks, I'm thrilled the remote learning thing works for someone. When I wrote that section, I wasn't sure if anyone was going to...
I have an x10 USB RF MCE remote (model OR32E) that came with my PC (Packard Bell 2770). I have been trying for a while to get this...
Replies
Views
got it working by selecting to have 2 drives in daemon tools......didnt work with 1 drive.....but ah well got it working now so its all good
got it working by selecting to have 2 drives in daemon tools......didnt work with 1 drive.....but ah well got it working now so its...
So i have a lot of dvds on my HD (images of the discs) and would like to play them on MP......i see there is an option to mount...
Replies
Views
is there any tool in mediaportal that can help me to calibrate the antenna? Like a "satfinder"?
is there any tool in mediaportal that can help me to calibrate the antenna? Like a "satfinder"?
Replies
Views
hi Roberdin ha ha It was a test only I´m not crazy see you
hi Roberdin ha ha It was a test only I´m not crazy see you
With my 2 satelite (Astra and Hotbird) I can get near of 3000 Tv and radio channels total. Can this damage the perfomance of MP...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Upscaling? DE
Agree on 1) and 2), but anything > 1024x768 "upscaled" by VMR9 aint looking great unless you have some quality channel (e.g. ARD, ZDF in germany for example). Imo there's a huge difference betweeen VMR9 "scaling" and lets say ffdshow. Afaik you cant deinterlace and scale using the GPU (ffdshow skips hardware acceleration), sadly...
Agree on 1) and 2), but anything > 1024x768 "upscaled" by VMR9 aint looking great unless you have some quality channel (e.g. ARD...
Can/does Media Portal upscale standard resolution PAL TV pictures, when played back on an HD display? Same question for DVD...
Replies
Views
E.g. MP can stay closed while the server is recording your stuff in the background as a recording slave while you're working on your PC and are doing other stuff. Also, some like the fact that it's recording using TS streams, not DVR-MS containers. (Can be a bit more handier when doing postproduction on your recordings.) Another...
E.g. MP can stay closed while the server is recording your stuff in the background as a recording slave while you're working on...
I actually started watching the TV Server tutorials, and am at the 3rd one now. But I don't understand what TV Server gives in...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom