MediaPortal 1 Talk (55 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Sarcasm noted. Although im sure there was a better way to get your point across... ;)
Sarcasm noted. Although im sure there was a better way to get your point across... ;)
Hi, I have been observing MP for quite a long time now. The developement is great, I like the huge community and team-work and...
Replies
Views
My first post, so I should start off with a huge thanks to all the developers, skinners, and plug-in makers! Took a bit of time, but finally have my HTPC setup just right, grabbing OTA HD and projector all set-up. All done relatively on the cheap; spare parts PC, homemade antenna, DIY projector screen... My question: Is there a...
My first post, so I should start off with a huge thanks to all the developers, skinners, and plug-in makers! Took a bit of time...
My first post, so I should start off with a huge thanks to all the developers, skinners, and plug-in makers! Took a bit of time...
Replies
Views
If you press 'P' to resume playback and you have Media Portal 0.2.2.0, then it may be because 'P' has been assigned (wrongly?) to auto-zap as well as the normal 'Play' function. Open the configuration, go to Keys and sound, look under full screen TV the key assignment for autozap and delete it.
If you press 'P' to resume playback and you have Media Portal 0.2.2.0, then it may be because 'P' has been assigned (wrongly?) to...
Ok, new to MP. Long time Meedio user. Have to say I see a lot of potential considering MP is only at v 0.2. My issue is that...
Replies
Views
Yup thats correct. Others have touched the code of MyBlaster to maintain compatibility with MP over time but beyond that its all mine to give away.
Yup thats correct. Others have touched the code of MyBlaster to maintain compatibility with MP over time but beyond that its all...
Hi, I'm trying to find out who are the owners of myBlaster plugin and MPTray utility. I've reused their source code and adapted...
Replies
Views
try www.novatech.co.uk very good service and cost.
try www.novatech.co.uk very good service and cost.
hya ppl, i have a problem...i want made a media center with my laptop and i want buy a usb tv tuner(hardware encoding) compatible...
Replies
Views
Hi Martin - I had the same problem - the simplest way to solve this problem is if your videocard can handle both monitor out's independetly - you do not have to define the TV as a "mirror" of the PC monitor - you will not be able to configure your tv to a acceptable view if you select the same "size" for your tv as the one for you...
Hi Martin - I had the same problem - the simplest way to solve this problem is if your videocard can handle both monitor out's...
Can anyone tell me what could be wrong with my MP picture on my tv! it's unclear and not sharp. The TV is 32" 50 megahertz and from...
Replies
Views
Perfect! Thanks!
Perfect! Thanks!
I currently have a Hauppage PVR-150mce tuner card and am very happy with it. I would like to add another one but wanted to make...
Replies
Views
I have a sort of fix for it. Seems MP grabs the thumb for the first movie that starts with a number and uses it for the folder thumb. I fixed it by grabbing the thumb from the thumb directory and moving it to the movie folder.
I have a sort of fix for it. Seems MP grabs the thumb for the first movie that starts with a number and uses it for the folder...
I have a folder with a icon from a movie that is inside stuck on it. I have tried looking for hidden folder thumbs and looked in...
Replies
Views
Yay! Hrm, he Hrmmmed....This gives me options then, hehe Thx for the help guys, I had another question as well, hardware related to tv3 Do you forsee any problems with me using the Theater550Pro PCIex1 with this? One of my cards is this, and one is PVR-150 Now that I have the 150 setup all down and easy, I'd like to get...
Yay! Hrm, he Hrmmmed....This gives me options then, hehe Thx for the help guys, I had another question as well, hardware...
I've had to switch back to the non server media portal because it just wasn't stable enough to use everyday and my pc is used as my...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Menu style DE
Mabeeee --------Movie : like the good old ones with sylvester stallone that lasts for one hour and a half ------- videos: the 5mins clips with funny potatoe heads running naked through granmas 80 party :wtf:
Mabeeee --------Movie : like the good old ones with sylvester stallone that lasts for one hour and a half ------- videos...
Hi Is it possible to change the order of menu-items? or change their name? I have changed the setting for disabling the "My"...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the clarification. However, only problem I've had with MP and Vista is missing blaster-capabilities. Until a fix is available, I'm stuck with XP.
Thanks for the clarification. However, only problem I've had with MP and Vista is missing blaster-capabilities. Until a fix is...
Hi all, any suggestions ... is it the right time now to change with MP to Vista OS or is it better to wait half an year? What...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 picture in picture DE
there is nothing special about those cards, they do not support PIP natively. However, the Pinnacle software does support PIP. The other cards on that page don't support it because they are not dual tuner cards.
there is nothing special about those cards, they do not support PIP natively. However, the Pinnacle software does support PIP. The...
I was just curious if anyone had thought about whether it would be possible to do PIP (picture-in-picture) in mediaportal if...
Replies
Views
I've always liked the idea of using DVB multiplexes to their max. And now with dual tuner cards, it is possible to have all the UKs Freeview (non encripted) channels available to multiple clients using just three cards :) Could be a huge bonus to whole house installations with several people or a family all potentially watching or...
I've always liked the idea of using DVB multiplexes to their max. And now with dual tuner cards, it is possible to have all the UKs...
Is this possible? I mean at the same time?! The background: One transponder holds multiple channels (PIDs). So if you use the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Slow zapping 5-10s DE
My Experiences Hi I'm using the FloppyDTV-S, with a Conax CI/CAM, and original Canal Digital subscription card (yellow card). With FTA channels such as BBC World, my zap is TV-like, less than 0.5 second. As soon as I start using the encrypted channels such as Canal+ Sport 1, etc, the zap increases to about 9 seconds. I was...
My Experiences Hi I'm using the FloppyDTV-S, with a Conax CI/CAM, and original Canal Digital subscription card (yellow card)...
Hi! First of all i like to thank you for a great program. Now to my problem. I currently use mp 0.2.1, Firedtv-s (latest...
Replies
Views
looks to be DRM rich, and only shipping with Vista drivers pah!
looks to be DRM rich, and only shipping with Vista drivers pah!
Hey guys, Just saw this tidbit of exciting news :) ATI just announced at CES that they will be releasing a ATI TV Wonder...
Replies
Views
Very nice....the video menu should be very nice to have in MP.
Very nice....the video menu should be very nice to have in MP.
Is media portal ready to be used in the new frame work .net 3? and what are the possibilities of the future animations using the...
Replies
Views
I've noticed that you're not offered the initial setup screen after clicking "My TV" for the first time if you've set this in a previous installation. Should there be a settings page available to me anywhere? I couldn't spot one, although I might just be being daft. Thanks, James
I've noticed that you're not offered the initial setup screen after clicking "My TV" for the first time if you've set this in a...
I've noticed that you're not offered the initial setup screen after clicking "My TV" for the first time if you've set this in a...
Replies
Views
Hi I have tried the DreamBox plugin a littlebit, by I dont have a DBox yet. So I just used one of my friedns one day... So it wasnt so much of a test... But my questions: 1: Is the sound sent over the network in the same format as it is sent over the Sattelite signals? In another way, is the AC3 code sendt via...
Hi I have tried the DreamBox plugin a littlebit, by I dont have a DBox yet. So I just used one of my friedns one day... So it...
Hi I have tried the DreamBox plugin a littlebit, by I dont have a DBox yet. So I just used one of my friedns one day... So it...
Replies
Views
fixed
fixed
Hi! I'm trying to get my videofiles to play of my HD - but it does not work! I am wondering if it is a codec specific problem...
Replies
Views
to see what codecs MP uses: open MP in windowed mode and start graphedit to see which codecs are used. For me I have FFDshow installed and PowerDVD for my DVD's and Mpeg2's for x264 I would either go for ffdshow with x264 support or download CORE x264 http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=96059
to see what codecs MP uses: open MP in windowed mode and start graphedit to see which codecs are used. For me I have FFDshow...
I'm confused as to what role ffdshow plays in MP. In ffdshow's codec settings I can nominate the video decoder for given formats...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Extremely Unstable DE
Woaa!! Thats bad on your MP, my old unstablr one did all that now I upgraded to 2.2.0 and it fine. just a little slow and for some reason it only lets me tune into digital (freeview) channels... when I try and tune into analouge I get "media portal cannot graph" or something, also when it goes to recognise my realtek card it comes up...
Woaa!! Thats bad on your MP, my old unstablr one did all that now I upgraded to 2.2.0 and it fine. just a little slow and for some...
Is it just my copy (on disc off of ebay) extremely unstable or is everyones? Im considering downloading it instead, When I go into...
Replies
Views
Thank´s Frodo, that sounds great. The next raining weekend is mine to configure the system ;-) Cheers Bonzo206
Thank´s Frodo, that sounds great. The next raining weekend is mine to configure the system ;-) Cheers Bonzo206
Hi, I´m wondering what the hardware requirements for the server are to manage: at least two TV Cards EPG HDTV(h.264)...
Replies
Views
Thank you moiristo. You know where I find a manual or help how to recompile plugins? Thank you
Thank you moiristo. You know where I find a manual or help how to recompile plugins? Thank you
Since the "stable patch" installer seems to work fine, its time to port this also to the daily snapshots on...
Replies
Views
I read post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=4231&highlight=internet from User jabnet. This is really cool Ihave not found the "Mytrailers plugin" he is talking for for the total full screen. But I have another question. I have found for my wife Chinese Internet TV http://www.im.tv/ Is there any way to...
I read post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=4231&highlight=internet from User jabnet. This is really cool...
I read post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=4231&highlight=internet from User jabnet. This is really cool...
Replies
Views
The mvpmc software (http://www.mvpmc.org/) for the media mvp supports VLC streaming so in theory it could work with the tvserver. Might make a very nice small client!
The mvpmc software (http://www.mvpmc.org/) for the media mvp supports VLC streaming so in theory it could work with the tvserver...
The mvpmc software (http://www.mvpmc.org/) for the media mvp supports VLC streaming so in theory it could work with the tvserver...
Replies
Views
indeed :|
indeed :|
Hi - While I greatly appreciate the fixes, stability and new features in the new 0.2.2.0, and my compliments to the team, I am...
Replies
Views
Thanks for quick answer
Thanks for quick answer
Hi, Is the TT S2-3200 now full supported or have i to modified something to get this card work? Greetz, Spiderman
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Slave Specs DE
Personally what I'd like to see some enterprising individual(s) do is make some firmware for the mediamvp that could act as a client for the tvserver. Now that would be slick.
Personally what I'd like to see some enterprising individual(s) do is make some firmware for the mediamvp that could act as a...
Just wondering what kind of specs a tv client or slave should have to stream from a server. I'm guessing its not going to have to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I see there is episode handling in MP but I can't use it. It is always unselectable if I select a series in TV guide. How does it works? I use xmltv for tv guide. Thanks in advance!
Hi, I see there is episode handling in MP but I can't use it. It is always unselectable if I select a series in TV guide. How...
Hi, I see there is episode handling in MP but I can't use it. It is always unselectable if I select a series in TV guide. How...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 ripping cd's to MP3 DE
Still a clumpsy way to do it.... I perfer CD Slayer. Would be great if you got this option when inserting an audio-CD: [Do nothing] [Play] [Rip]
Still a clumpsy way to do it.... I perfer CD Slayer. Would be great if you got this option when inserting an audio-CD: [Do...
I've just started using mediaportal and love it so far. The only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to rip CD's to MP3. I...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom