MediaPortal 1 Talk (39 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Hi i have a problem in the new version of media portal . my x10 medion remote control does not work correct like in the version before the problem is when I change channel volume up or down the media portal switches with no reason into dvd or into video folder my video ! does someone has the same problem and has a fix...
Hi i have a problem in the new version of media portal . my x10 medion remote control does not work correct like in the version...
Hi i have a problem in the new version of media portal . my x10 medion remote control does not work correct like in the version...
Replies
Views
I have an Asus A8N-VM CSM with NVIDIA GeForce 6150 GPU onboard and use DVI connection to my LCDTV. Will I get better TV/video quality if I add an NVDIA Geforce 6200 ?
I have an Asus A8N-VM CSM with NVIDIA GeForce 6150 GPU onboard and use DVI connection to my LCDTV. Will I get better TV/video...
Hey! Excuse me if this is not the correct place to ask... Im currently setting up my first "HTPC" project with the new TVserver...
Replies
Views
Hi, Anyone knows where to buy the TechnoTrend budget C1500 DVB-C card in The Netherlands ? At the places I found on the internet these cards are out-of-stock for quiete some while. Any webshop in Germany or Belgium is also Ok. Greetings, chuvke
Hi, Anyone knows where to buy the TechnoTrend budget C1500 DVB-C card in The Netherlands ? At the places I found on the...
Hi, Anyone knows where to buy the TechnoTrend budget C1500 DVB-C card in The Netherlands ? At the places I found on the...
Replies
Views
Latest version where it is working is MediaPortal-svn--12-28-2006--01-16-Rev12387.exe I am using Ati remote wonder... thx if you can fix it back.. :)
Latest version where it is working is MediaPortal-svn--12-28-2006--01-16-Rev12387.exe I am using Ati remote wonder... thx if...
Latest version where it is working is MediaPortal-svn--12-28-2006--01-16-Rev12387.exe I am using Ati remote wonder... thx if...
Replies
Views
Hi . How do I make my technotrend S2 3200 to switch to my other Lnb's . Now when I search I only find my first Lnb. I have DiSEq version 1.0 and 4 LNB's 1= Thor 1.0 W 2= Sirius 5.0 E 3= Hotbird 13 E 4= Astra 19.2 E Should it be Simple A, Simple B , Level 1 A/A or what ? Lnb Ku-Band , C.band , Circular. Why do I have a'...
Hi . How do I make my technotrend S2 3200 to switch to my other Lnb's . Now when I search I only find my first Lnb. I have DiSEq...
Hi . How do I make my technotrend S2 3200 to switch to my other Lnb's . Now when I search I only find my first Lnb. I have DiSEq...
Replies
Views
I read these reviews - it was pretty interesting. It amazes me that people give MCE a decent review. I use freeview (UK) tuners in my box and MCE just fails to deliver with loads of issues, including major guide problems and channels disappearing. My brother also tried running it on his completely different system and it failed...
I read these reviews - it was pretty interesting. It amazes me that people give MCE a decent review. I use freeview (UK) tuners...
Anyone else seen the write up on MP in the latest edition of PCPlus? Part of general Media PC theme, MP is reviewed as the "Open...
Replies
Views
I've written a hack/workaround. Will post in a couple of hours. There is another thread here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=251&page=2 where I'll post my solution. Solution posted...
I've written a hack/workaround. Will post in a couple of hours. There is another thread here...
All, I'm looking to completely replace a number of components with my HTPC - one of which is my Roku Soundbrudge. One of...
Replies
Views
I'm building a new box to use DVB-S and I figured I'd jump right to the TvServer. I see that MPlayer can be used as a client and it looks like a great one to test with. I assume MPlayer can run on the same box as the TVserver just by giving MPlayer the localhost IP (127.0.0.1) when you start it. But I was looking through the...
I'm building a new box to use DVB-S and I figured I'd jump right to the TvServer. I see that MPlayer can be used as a client and...
I'm building a new box to use DVB-S and I figured I'd jump right to the TvServer. I see that MPlayer can be used as a client and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Which Audio Codec? DE
Hi guys, Can someone tell me which audio codec is the best to use. I was thinking of either AC3 Filter or CoreAAC, or do I install both? Thanks
Hi guys, Can someone tell me which audio codec is the best to use. I was thinking of either AC3 Filter or CoreAAC, or do I...
Hi guys, Can someone tell me which audio codec is the best to use. I was thinking of either AC3 Filter or CoreAAC, or do I...
Replies
Views
I'd agree with both the B&O and the Front Row influences. I think I like it, though it's a bit wait and see, of course. Since we did not have a skin for the "extreme minimalists" up to now, (even nonafo isn't this sober, and that is a compliment imho) it sure is a welcome addition to our current set of skins.
I'd agree with both the B&O and the Front Row influences. I think I like it, though it's a bit wait and see, of course. Since we...
Hi. I was browsing youtube for a video from my friend showing his new mediacenter setup, when I found this? I cant seem to find it...
Replies
Views
wise words young grass hopper . . . I have obeyed your commands, and all is well T H A N K S ! !
wise words young grass hopper . . . I have obeyed your commands, and all is well T H A N K S ! !
Pulling my hair out here. I'm to young to go bald :P I just installed the latest ATI drivers and now I get the follow error...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Thank You!!! DE
Welcome aboard :) hint: It's always good to search the forums before buying TV cards, etc ;)
Welcome aboard :) hint: It's always good to search the forums before buying TV cards, etc ;)
I just wanted to say thanks, Media Portal is great and works wonderfully on my computer. The setup process was pretty easy, I...
Replies
Views
Hello, Not sure if this was intended but with the lastest release of Media Portal almost everything has fixed it's self. Rather strange, in a good way. Firefly remote, had a profile for Media Portal in the older version. Didn't work very well. Once I uninstalled and install the latest stable build of Media Portal the...
Hello, Not sure if this was intended but with the lastest release of Media Portal almost everything has fixed it's self...
Hello, Not sure if this was intended but with the lastest release of Media Portal almost everything has fixed it's self...
Replies
Views
MediaPortal is driving me mad AS WELL: It drives me mad to have such a nice piece of software in my study while I can not (yet) afford a htpc for my TV room :)
MediaPortal is driving me mad AS WELL: It drives me mad to have such a nice piece of software in my study while I can not (yet)...
I have been trying to use mediaportal 2-3 months now. I have no TV or CD's or telephone anymore I gave them away thinking that...
Replies
Views
This is an oft talked about point in software development. Thing is, if the only way to configure/setup MP is like you explained above, it would never appeal to the wider community. Only a small section of the community enjoy fiddling with every tiny setting in MP; most don't. I'm not advocating for scrapping of the MP...
This is an oft talked about point in software development. Thing is, if the only way to configure/setup MP is like you explained...
How long until MediaPortal becomes what XBMC is today? What I mean by this is slick, animated and stable. Granted, I haven't...
Replies
Views
if you experience problems please activate the "debug log" option, reproduce the bug and send your MediaPortal.log to http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com P.S.: Sometimes last.fm's servers aren't reachable or the password might be wrong.
if you experience problems please activate the "debug log" option, reproduce the bug and send your MediaPortal.log to...
hi i set up in plugins the audioscrobbler plugin and use the intern player for mp3s but the player didtn add the played songs...
Replies
Views
I was a BeyondTV user, but I had to give it up since BTV doesn't support recording AND playback of DirecTV HD content. I'm planning to swith to Media Portal.But, I need to know.... 1) Does Media Portal work with DirecTV HD? (not just regular DirecTV, but the HD package) 2) Can MP do both , record, and playback, in HD? Thanks.
I was a BeyondTV user, but I had to give it up since BTV doesn't support recording AND playback of DirecTV HD content. I'm planning...
I was a BeyondTV user, but I had to give it up since BTV doesn't support recording AND playback of DirecTV HD content. I'm planning...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Look In Folders DE
- In configuration you add the folder you have youre movies. - Start MP. - Go to My movies. - Set the view to "shares" - Browse to the movie file. - Press on the info button, so you get a window with diferent options. - Choose IMBD and then follow the wizzard. - When you have added all you movies you can change the view to...
- In configuration you add the folder you have youre movies. - Start MP. - Go to My movies. - Set the view to "shares" -...
OK, I might be missing something simple here, but can i get MP to "look in folders". i.e. Only list the files in the folders. but...
Replies
Views
in MP Configuration, check out the tuner section. It allows you to select a destination
in MP Configuration, check out the tuner section. It allows you to select a destination
hi i have a curious problem i dont know how to change the path where my tv recordings will be added after record ? ;) i...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Aspect ratios DE
I am using Cyberlink Decoders from Power DVD 6. If you have these decoders installed you can select them in the setting section. They seem to be able to display/correct all aspect ratios for Aus.
I am using Cyberlink Decoders from Power DVD 6. If you have these decoders installed you can select them in the setting section...
Hi all, So I'm running MP on a 4:3 TV and had some aspect ratio questions. The problem is that the DVB-T signal for some...
Replies
Views
there is also an ASUS 7600GT with HDMI and DVI http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=476348
there is also an ASUS 7600GT with HDMI and DVI http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=476348
Hi I am about to begin my HTPC project. I want to buy a HD 42" Plasma but most of them only have HDMI inputs now. Has anyone had...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Merry Christmas DE
Contrary to the "Throw another shrimp on the Barbie" or "Where the bloody hell are ya?" views, in Australia it's simply "Merry Christmas". Best wishes to all :) Marcus. DMan, never knew you were a kiwi.
Contrary to the "Throw another shrimp on the Barbie" or "Where the bloody hell are ya?" views, in Australia it's simply "Merry...
I just thought I'd start off by wishing you a very Merry Christmas from the MediaPortal team. Feel free to reply with how you...
Replies
Views
First: Note that a generally good flat-tv may not be an optimal HTPC/mediaportal-monitor. And vica versa! Second, check out these related threads: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=13508 https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=13521 For more in-depth info, you need to read some forum posts and...
First: Note that a generally good flat-tv may not be an optimal HTPC/mediaportal-monitor. And vica versa! Second, check out...
I've used MediaPortal on my 27inch CRT television and things look relatively nice. The TV has SVideo input and my videos all look...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Tv server release DE
Possibly but the majority on here, are just that...on here, and QUITE often. To someone new, they shouldn't have to be on here all the time to get the information that i just got from the forum. As another poster said, it is quite amazing that I got the answer I wanted within just a few hours of my post. But as far as you go...
Possibly but the majority on here, are just that...on here, and QUITE often. To someone new, they shouldn't have to be on here all...
Hi There, Just wondering how the tv server progress is? When do we think there will be a release? What will the release cycle...
Replies
Views
Yeah, you need to try it again. It worked for me. I think I posted somewhere in forums what I had to do to make it work - there were couple of extra things I had to do, but it worked after. Vacation from T and T? Are you going north to get some snow? :) I know where your country is - I lived in the Antilles for a while.. Never made...
Yeah, you need to try it again. It worked for me. I think I posted somewhere in forums what I had to do to make it work - there...
I tried out MediaPortal 0.2.2.0 release and i was really very impressed by the progress over the 0.2.1.0 release and the couple SVN...
Replies
Views
Hi Chris, Thanks for the reply.... Yes I have seen (and read!) your guides however.. 1. They don't seem to be up to date with the new installation mechanism (which allows you to make a backup as part of the svn install process). 2. Although they give you a very clean install. The mechanism of starting from a base with no configuration...
Hi Chris, Thanks for the reply.... Yes I have seen (and read!) your guides however.. 1. They don't seem to be up to date with the...
Hi, First a little background... I use MP all of the time and really like it. I try to help out as much as I can and being a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 remote problems DE
Is the Winfast Wizard running? The remote will not work if Winfast Wizard is not running.
Is the Winfast Wizard running? The remote will not work if Winfast Wizard is not running.
hi i have a WinFast TV2000 XP card and i downloaded the coolcommand plugin to make the remote control MP but it doesnt. the plugin...
Replies
Views
I just did that upgrade. I just copied the MediaPortal folder before the uninstall. But it was not necessary. It seemed that the uninstall did not delete the settings files.
I just did that upgrade. I just copied the MediaPortal folder before the uninstall. But it was not necessary. It seemed that the...
Merry Christmas, all! Can I do this? Currently I'm running 0.2.1.0 and, obviously, want to move to 0.2.2.0. So, which files do I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Vista Animations DE
Yeah, its realy nice! Im not sure but I think you still can download (legal) Vista RC2 to try it. The animations is realy nice and the skin is very clean. I newer liked the green parts in MCE, now its just blue and white and its working great. For many other things MP is betteras a media center. So lets hope we some day will have...
Yeah, its realy nice! Im not sure but I think you still can download (legal) Vista RC2 to try it. The animations is realy nice and...
Thought you guys would be interested if you haven't already seen it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lSyK4t3Rbg&mode=related&search=
Replies
Views
Yes, there is - I found that using the CybeLink Video decoder with my ATI Radeon card gives perfect results ... :D I also had to install DVD43 and DVD Region Killer to ensure that all DVDs would work correctly, irrespective of their country of origin or the copy protection that was used. Strangely, I found that some types of DVD...
Yes, there is - I found that using the CybeLink Video decoder with my ATI Radeon card gives perfect results ... :D I also had...
Does MediaPortal support hardware video acceleration, such as 3:2 pulldowns using hardware? I'd be very much interested in getting...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom