MediaPortal 1 Talk (48 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
I like MediaPortal and the community. Go on with this great work frodo and all other guys. I like it... congratulations ... thanks for all the responses
I like MediaPortal and the community. Go on with this great work frodo and all other guys. I like it... congratulations ... thanks...
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0-SVN-01.01.2007-22:09:03,24-Build 12465 (2007-01-02) MediaPortal TV Server: SVN-01.01.2007...
Replies
Views
Wowwww! Awesome program! Actually it's my fav too! :o
Wowwww! Awesome program! Actually it's my fav too! :o
Hi looking for a recommendation or two for a visualization for use with he MP BASS audio player. Would like something that is...
Replies
Views
just remember that is is still very Beta, so may not be the most stable piece of software you have ever used :)
just remember that is is still very Beta, so may not be the most stable piece of software you have ever used :)
Hi, Right now im using mp 0.2.2.0 on my htpc. Would there be any advantages in DL the tv-server and running that on the same pc...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Overlay and VMR DE
MediaPortal still forces overlay with mymusicvideos and mytrailers. This seems so backward; there is a fix that has been submitted to the svn pool but it still isn't included!!! VMR9 gives better PQ over overlay and also allows the effects like osd and menus and aspect ratio control which overlay doesn't in MP
MediaPortal still forces overlay with mymusicvideos and mytrailers. This seems so backward; there is a fix that has been...
what's the difference between those two? i'm currently using mp only for mp3 and divx\xvid. for watching tv and recording...
Replies
Views
as far i know the standard fps settig in mp setup for vis is 30. you can set t up to 50 (which i have done) stll te sonique vis run far too slow in fullsreen. never seen a "9" tomtom
as far i know the standard fps settig in mp setup for vis is 30. you can set t up to 50 (which i have done) stll te sonique vis...
Hey... I've got 0.2.2.0 of mediaportal. I'm trying to get the visualizations to work better. Is there a way to be able to tweak...
Replies
Views
Hi, Yes, MediaPortal will still work after you have installed IE7 (I have IE7 installed here togheter with MediaPortal). Regards Roy
Hi, Yes, MediaPortal will still work after you have installed IE7 (I have IE7 installed here togheter with MediaPortal)...
Hi all, Just wondering if IE7 is supported to use with MP 0.2.2? I need to do a format and reinstall and was wondering if i...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Low CPU Usage? DE
Is that the BIOSTAR K8M80 combo? If it is watch out for audio failure, bought two of these from Newegg some6 months ago and have had to install PCI sound cards due mobo audio failure. Apart from that the boards are working fine.
Is that the BIOSTAR K8M80 combo? If it is watch out for audio failure, bought two of these from Newegg some6 months ago and have...
For reasons I can't always track, MP makes my CPU work extra-hard, so the (loud) CPU fan whines. I want to minimize this, what...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Google Trends DE
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?p=91282
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?p=91282
Interesting Stats http://www.google.com/trends?q=media+portal%2C+sagetv%2C+mythtv%2C+beyondtv&ctab=1&geo=all&date=all
Replies
Views
I have searched the forum but havn´t seen any information on this.. Is is possible to record a tv show from a VIVO signal on my videocard ? I use another simple program today to record my tv shows via my vivo input but I would like to use a program like Mediaportal insted and I wonder if it is possible to do so ?? Any help...
I have searched the forum but havn´t seen any information on this.. Is is possible to record a tv show from a VIVO signal on my...
I have searched the forum but havn´t seen any information on this.. Is is possible to record a tv show from a VIVO signal on my...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Hello! DE
Done - many thanks :) Kev.
Done - many thanks :) Kev.
Hi guys; as a newbie I just wanted to say hello and thank you all for developing an amazing bit of software :) I’ve just set up...
Replies
Views
Get an MCE remote/receiver, it's got a very wide & long range. Alternatively you might wanna look at X10 remotes, those are not IR, they are RF. The Hauppauge IR buds are quite limited. Can't tell about the other ones you listed. Hauppauge, X10, MCE remotes are all supported out of the box and are highly user configurable. Other...
Get an MCE remote/receiver, it's got a very wide & long range. Alternatively you might wanna look at X10 remotes, those are not IR...
Hi, I plan to have a PC with TV receiver card (PCI) on the other side of my room wall and monitor in the room. I need the IR...
Replies
Views
Have you tried The Core Pocket Media Player? (tcpmp) I think you might need to use ORB server though because if I remember correctly tcpmp supports only http streams. I think someone has already mentioned how to go about doing this. [edit] hmmm, come to think of it there may be another way to stream to a WM PDA without going through...
Have you tried The Core Pocket Media Player? (tcpmp) I think you might need to use ORB server though because if I remember...
I have looked everywhere after a player so I can watch TV on my WM5 pda/smartphone, but it seems impossible. Vlc isnt supported in...
Replies
Views
Hi! Just found this wonderful program. I realize my question might be placed in the wrong place but just move it if so. I am installing Lexels Home in my house for spreading of media and computer signals throughout the house. However I don't know everything about it but maybe some of you are familiar with home link systems...
Hi! Just found this wonderful program. I realize my question might be placed in the wrong place but just move it if so. I am...
Hi! Just found this wonderful program. I realize my question might be placed in the wrong place but just move it if so. I am...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 A big "thank you" DE
You're welcome. Enjoy the project. ;)
You're welcome. Enjoy the project. ;)
After a lot of time of reading-only I decidec to inscribe to the forum and write my first post. I want to thank all the comunity...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DVB-S configuration DE
If we know the the diseqc switching order? with MP don´t switch more of one LNB with parabolic monoblock in you roof People have dual feed and can´t switch between lnb´s Is there solution ? thanks
If we know the the diseqc switching order? with MP don´t switch more of one LNB with parabolic monoblock in you roof People have...
Well, I have rookie question ;) I built HTPC with one DVB-S card and one analog card. It was very easy to setup analog TV signal...
Replies
Views
I am looking for a card that works well in MP. I live in Sweden and the main purpose is to watch the free channels, but it would be nice to be able to put a card reader and purchase a Boxer card some day, or a piracycard if they ever come :D And the normal 2 tuners, PiP etc If i browse the DustinHome catalogue i find these card...
I am looking for a card that works well in MP. I live in Sweden and the main purpose is to watch the free channels, but it would...
I am looking for a card that works well in MP. I live in Sweden and the main purpose is to watch the free channels, but it would...
Replies
Views
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! I just installed the new tv server for the second time, and i am very impressed!!! The first time i tried was the day it was released and i didn't think much to it, because i had trouble getting loads of stuff working!!! Different story now as i installed it 10 minutes ago and im...
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! I just installed the new tv server for the second time, and i am very impressed!!! The...
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! I just installed the new tv server for the second time, and i am very impressed!!! The...
Replies
Views
I finaly found the actors listing. I thought it would be under IMDB-> actors and not in the My Movies->View->Actors. Anybody thought of crossreferensing this to the IMBD->Actors? So that you would be able to choose an actor from that file menu?
I finaly found the actors listing. I thought it would be under IMDB-> actors and not in the My Movies->View->Actors. Anybody...
Hi i have seen that MP is downloading the pictures of the actors of the movies, but where can i see this pictures in MP? cu...
Replies
Views
Some people get all the luck!! I think I need a job in computing, its got to be better than engineering!!
Some people get all the luck!! I think I need a job in computing, its got to be better than engineering!!
Has anyone used the new vista MCE yet? I am considering buying it for my parents as they frequently become annoyed with MP as they...
Replies
Views
Sure, the old engine wraps PS in DVR-MS.
Sure, the old engine wraps PS in DVR-MS.
I read somewhere that MP "converts dvr-ms to avi." I haven't found any info on the MP site that supports that claim. So, I have...
Replies
Views
Hi All, When I remove the HDMI connection from my Mac Mini, windows says "ding dong" - just like when I remove a USB device. After TV off, I connect to my windows xp with realvnc, and there is nothing connected to the TV, nothing in the resolution dropdowns. When I turn TV back on, windows goes "ding dong", but my MP is...
Hi All, When I remove the HDMI connection from my Mac Mini, windows says "ding dong" - just like when I remove a USB device...
Hi all, When I turn my TV off and back on, the MP "TV" window is all black, also tried running MP in window mode, same result...
Replies
Views
With the latest 0.2.2.0 release, when I start MP in full screen mode, I get no video displayed for TV, DVD, movies,etc, but the small preview windows work. If I hit Alt Enter to go to windowed mode and then switch back to full screen, it then works. This did not occur for me with any previous SVN or release versions. Anyone else...
With the latest 0.2.2.0 release, when I start MP in full screen mode, I get no video displayed for TV, DVD, movies,etc, but the...
With the latest 0.2.2.0 release, when I start MP in full screen mode, I get no video displayed for TV, DVD, movies,etc, but the...
Replies
Views
Love the ideas in MP but I cannot get smooth playback/live TV. I use a DiVco Fusion Gold 5 PCI tuner for OTA ATSC. I use BTV with good results but have to use the overlay display mode due to the same limitation. Do I need to improve Direct Show performance on my machine for MP to work? What would be a good path to accomplishing...
Love the ideas in MP but I cannot get smooth playback/live TV. I use a DiVco Fusion Gold 5 PCI tuner for OTA ATSC. I use BTV...
Love the ideas in MP but I cannot get smooth playback/live TV. I use a DiVco Fusion Gold 5 PCI tuner for OTA ATSC. I use BTV...
Replies
Views
Thanks rtv, I thought as much, however I was wondering since MP uses DirectX / VMR / DirectShow shouldn't it be possible to adjust the picture output that is displayed on screen without having to change the codec settings?
Thanks rtv, I thought as much, however I was wondering since MP uses DirectX / VMR / DirectShow shouldn't it be possible to adjust...
In this article https://www.team-mediaportal.com/articles/user_reviews/the_top_reasons_why_use_mediaportal.html it says that...
Replies
Views
Well well well, I made a discovery last night, when watching TV on my regular TV set and external tuner. I was reading teletext and looking for teletext subs for a finnish movie in which it was difficult for me to understand one of the actors. "Teletext subs are available on page xxx, but for digital TV, please select the dutch...
Well well well, I made a discovery last night, when watching TV on my regular TV set and external tuner. I was reading teletext...
Hello there, I am completely new to MP, and I am discovering a few features that I thought didn't exist. First of all, I only...
Replies
Views
that's great stuff Frodo, much appreciated.
that's great stuff Frodo, much appreciated.
Hi all I'm currently using SageTV but with big interest I follow the developing stages of this great product. Can't wait for a...
Replies
Views
I Guess not. :D
I Guess not. :D
I discoverd an open source project, plutohome.com Do you think it would be posible for mediaportal to support plutohome some...
Replies
Views
or press alt+enter. best to do it in the home menu because it seems to crash mp when you do it whilst watching tv or any video.
or press alt+enter. best to do it in the home menu because it seems to crash mp when you do it whilst watching tv or any video.
With my old TV tuner card, I used to enjoy viewing television in a small window (that would stay on top of all other applications)...
Replies
Views
All I recently upgraded MP from SVN 12192 to 0.2.2.0 (SVN 12400). Much nicer screen features. Congratulations to all developers. Great work. MP starts up OK and everythings works normal. When I log out from the MP session (Windows login screen shows) I cant return to the MP login. MP hangs up and I need to kill the MP process...
All I recently upgraded MP from SVN 12192 to 0.2.2.0 (SVN 12400). Much nicer screen features. Congratulations to all developers...
All I recently upgraded MP from SVN 12192 to 0.2.2.0 (SVN 12400). Much nicer screen features. Congratulations to all developers...
Replies
Views
I don't know so much how these things work, but why oh why is that mode not available anymore? It worked perfect when it was like that, and I have missed it ever since. I am after exactly the same functionality that the OP is after. I have an additional problem though, I cannot manage to get MP to start in full screen mode at all...
I don't know so much how these things work, but why oh why is that mode not available anymore? It worked perfect when it was like...
I searched the forum, but I wasn't able to get a definitive answer on this. I have an ATI AIW 2006. In ATI's Catalyst Control...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom