MediaPortal 1 Talk (28 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Yeah it is the live tv I was refering to and I understand that fact but considering Frodo developed XBMC and he recently mentioned that he had contact with the current XBMC guys and used their animation effects, I assumed he would know. also their are alot of people using this forum who are heavily into the development of XBMC and...
Yeah it is the live tv I was refering to and I understand that fact but considering Frodo developed XBMC and he recently mentioned...
Is there gonna be any intergration with xbmc? The guide works lovely and records as it should. if live Tv could be added that would...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Low signal strength DE
sweet thanks for the replies , i will try to relocated the cable and move the antenna and see if it resolves the issue, if all else fails and i format and it improves without changing anything else i will report back thanks guys
sweet thanks for the replies , i will try to relocated the cable and move the antenna and see if it resolves the issue, if all else...
Anyone know if there are any factors that affect signal strength with Digital tuner cards? the reason i ask is a while back having...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP promotion video DE
I've just stumbled upon the 'feature walkthrough' videos available on the main page (I know I'm a bit slow) and they look quite right. Great idea and great execution. The only reproach so far is the lack of audio commentary or subtitle - as already advocated by mzemina. Even a simple line of text printed at the bottom would suffice...
I've just stumbled upon the 'feature walkthrough' videos available on the main page (I know I'm a bit slow) and they look quite...
I found a demonstration video of MP on google: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1495686650016015585&q=mediaportal I...
Replies
Views
There is little bug whit the Video Editor ? goto VideoEditor (OK) go back to Menu (OK) goto VideoEditor (bad) no function
There is little bug whit the Video Editor ? goto VideoEditor (OK) go back to Menu (OK) goto VideoEditor (bad) no function
Replies
Views
Thanks..... I solved my problem. :thx:
Thanks..... I solved my problem. :thx:
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.4 MediaPortal Skin: blue two Windows Version: xp pro sp2 CPU Type: pentium 4 2.6GHz HDD: 160GB...
Replies
Views
Problem is solved, tested with svn 12201
Problem is solved, tested with svn 12201
sorry But after the installation of svn 12166 and svn 12192 I see that the arrows of the mouse is always on top in fullscreen...
Replies
Views
well...true but i want the videos to start from the begining without being prompt to do so
well...true but i want the videos to start from the begining without being prompt to do so
when playing karaoke video(.cdg files) and choose another karaoke video that has been previously played, i get prompt if i want to...
Replies
Views
... sorry, but what do you mean by just "Radio" :ooops: In the Radio-section in MP I can not see any Myradio or Mytrailer. Is it something I should download or is it allready part of MP, if so how can I find this? Also I can find nothin about Radio or Myradio in the Donwload-section or in the plugin-extention-section ... Thx...
... sorry, but what do you mean by just "Radio" :ooops: In the Radio-section in MP I can not see any Myradio or Mytrailer. Is it...
How can I add all the live streaming television canals to Mediaportal?
Replies
Views
My setup About satellite reception I've installed a quadruple LNB - each output directly connected to an antenna socket. So I have four independent rooms. It's an intermediate not to much expensive way. In my case I should bring 2 satellite cables from LNB to PC if I want to install a second DVB-S card (stealing a cable from...
My setup About satellite reception I've installed a quadruple LNB - each output directly connected to an antenna socket. So I...
I recently got my second FDTV. Can somebody advice the best settings in TVServer when using 2 tuners on 1 LNB? Should I setup a...
Replies
Views
ok sorry about that... but can you tell me, please, where you are planning to buy your card? Perhaps they have the one reviewed too....
ok sorry about that... but can you tell me, please, where you are planning to buy your card? Perhaps they have the one reviewed...
Hello everyone, i'm going to buy a new TV capture card and i've found that the LifeView FlyTV MCE card has Mpeg2 and Mpeg4 Hardware...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wanted to share of a finding I did today. I run MCE 2005 and today I installed the latest MS patches, in that batch there where two patches: 1. KB925398 2. Some patch for MCE and WMP 10 After installing these two the following started happening: a) All channels gave me "No Signal" for 3-4 seconds, then the picture...
Hi, Just wanted to share of a finding I did today. I run MCE 2005 and today I installed the latest MS patches, in that batch...
Hi, Just wanted to share of a finding I did today. I run MCE 2005 and today I installed the latest MS patches, in that batch...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Full screen issue DE
MP always has had a problem with switching from windowed to fullscreen and vice versa with video playing using VMR9 and yes the only answer is go to the home screen and stop any video play, then you can resize. graphic card abilities have nothing to do with this, even a 7900 can't do it.
MP always has had a problem with switching from windowed to fullscreen and vice versa with video playing using VMR9 and yes the...
hello im a complete computer amature, how come media portal wont minimilise and go full screen without crashing or pressing pause??
Replies
Views
Sure. Under your control panel > administrative Tools > Services This will list all the services on your machine. From here you'll be able to see if the service is runing or not running, and be able to adjust the startup paramaters: Automatic - Starts automatically when windows or another service requires it. Manual - Starts...
Sure. Under your control panel > administrative Tools > Services This will list all the services on your machine. From here...
Hi guys and girls, I've been running MP 2.04 pretty stable on an XP SP2 installation for about 3 months now, but because of my...
Replies
Views
here are my batchfiles if theyre any use to anyone (d: is my boot, r: is my virtual ram drive) TIP1. put the copyto as a startup item and disable MP autostarting in config. this way the DB`s are guranteed to be in ram before MP calls for em, else things get kinda messy when MP has no databses!! lol TIP2. dont call the batchfile...
here are my batchfiles if theyre any use to anyone (d: is my boot, r: is my virtual ram drive) TIP1. put the copyto as a...
Im trying to speed MP up (mainly DB showing) as ive got 26,00 songs Ive managed to get quite a large increace by copying the...
Replies
Views
idioteque2 - Thanks for your reply. Sometimes I'm one bit short of a whole byte, but where is folder.jpg and the album dir you refer to? I look under a specific music album folder and only see the song listing. If I look in my MP directory I can find no album dir. I have a number of ways to rip CD's into my music folder. My...
idioteque2 - Thanks for your reply. Sometimes I'm one bit short of a whole byte, but where is folder.jpg and the album dir you...
I loaded MediaPortal a couple days ago, and can't compliment everyone enough on the great application you've written. When...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys. This would be standard definition NTSC analog video -- any recommended, known good USB tuners for that kind of thing?
Thanks guys. This would be standard definition NTSC analog video -- any recommended, known good USB tuners for that kind of thing?
I'm looking at setting up a MediaPortal system for my father - using a Pentium M 1.7GHz laptop. I'm thinking of setting up the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Quick question DE
Cool, I was just making sure.
Cool, I was just making sure.
I want to run a single seat setup. So that will allow me to use the HTPC as the server and as a client right? Basically I want to...
Replies
Views
Hi, yes, it's very similar to yours case, the only difference I'm not loosing sync, just stutter goes worse and worse. Pausing also helps. On Tuesday I reinstalled whole Windows because of some driver problems and BSOD. Yesterday I tried to run the TV whole night (I went to sleep however :=)) and today in the morning it was OK. So...
Hi, yes, it's very similar to yours case, the only difference I'm not loosing sync, just stutter goes worse and worse. Pausing...
Hi, I have a question about a problem I'm seeing. From time to time I see two types of problems with lip sync when watching tv...
Replies
Views
Hmm... perhaps it is "just" a codec problem. Codecs given by VLC: Stream 0: MPGV Stream 1: Tetx (?) Stream 2: MPGV Stream 3: MPGV Anybody know anything about this 'MPGV'-codec? Somewhere I can DL it? EDIT: Error message from WMP is somtihng like "protocoll not supported".... DAMN!
Hmm... perhaps it is "just" a codec problem. Codecs given by VLC: Stream 0: MPGV Stream 1: Tetx (?) Stream 2: MPGV Stream 3: MPGV...
ATM I am using a Kreatel 1710 IP-TV STB connected to a PVR-350. Most channels are (off course) encrypted, but not all (none of the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DVB-T HD cards? DE
Basically, your problems with radio transmission could be cathegorised as : 1. low signal level 2. low signal to noise ratio 3. interference and reflections DVB-T is quite good at using reflections for improving signals. Interferences usually come from a different direction than the wanted signal, and a "wide" antenna will be...
Basically, your problems with radio transmission could be cathegorised as : 1. low signal level 2. low signal to noise ratio 3...
Hey, I have a pretty bog standard Haupaugge WinTV 88x DVB-T tuner PCI card installed and I receive signals from the Crystal Palace...
Replies
Views
I'm also searching for h.264 support in MediaPortal and also found it in DVB Viewer. DVB Viewer has various plug-ins to make it work with MCE remote and give it a more mediacenter-like interface. Is there really no-one who can explain me (and politby) how to tune into, watch and record h.264 encoded channels? (in my case using a...
I'm also searching for h.264 support in MediaPortal and also found it in DVB Viewer. DVB Viewer has various plug-ins to make it...
Greetings, I'm new to these forums so my apologies if this has been discussed at length already, but a quick search didn't...
Replies
Views
OK, is there any way I can get MP to recognize this tuner? TIA Neill WinXP/SP2, MP 0.2.1.0 Hauppauge WinTV-USB2 (NOT WinTV-PVR-USB2) Model 42012 Rev. C186 Serial #2828640 Tuner Model/Formats: Philips FQ1236 H-3 // (M/N) Tuner Audio: Stereo (MSP3445) Video Formats: NTSC ( M 443 ) PAL ( B G H I D K M N NCOMBO ) SECAM ( L L' )...
OK, is there any way I can get MP to recognize this tuner? TIA Neill WinXP/SP2, MP 0.2.1.0 Hauppauge WinTV-USB2 (NOT...
OK, is there any way I can get MP to recognize this tuner? TIA Neill WinXP/SP2, MP 0.2.1.0 Hauppauge WinTV-USB2 (NOT...
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone know if it's possible to connect the new tv-server 0.3 with this new player from Kiss? http://www.kiss-technology.com/?p=hd4&v=users
Hi Does anyone know if it's possible to connect the new tv-server 0.3 with this new player from Kiss...
Hi Does anyone know if it's possible to connect the new tv-server 0.3 with this new player from Kiss...
Replies
Views
doesn't MPBlue allow this, although only with a WinCE device like a PDA or similar.
doesn't MPBlue allow this, although only with a WinCE device like a PDA or similar.
is there any plugin or way to allow me to select and play the music on my media center pc, from another pc on the lan? the sound...
Replies
Views
If your filenames follow certain rules, I can recommend this tagger. I have defined 7-8 templates for differently named tracks. but files in one folder need to follow the same naming scheme, otherwise this won´t work out for you in a fast way. The progam will do a filename -> tag transition. (It does a lot more, too)...
If your filenames follow certain rules, I can recommend this tagger. I have defined 7-8 templates for differently named tracks...
Hi there, I use MP mostly for listing my mp3 and m4a music files. I figured out when I use a fully completed music database, this...
Replies
Views
Yes since some times (weeks) the blue button while whatching TV is by default used to activate the auto-zap feature (called also "lazy fingers" :D) But you can always remap the button yourself in configuration.exe
Yes since some times (weeks) the blue button while whatching TV is by default used to activate the auto-zap feature (called also...
Hi, Has the function of the blue button (on an MCE remote) changed when watching full screen TV? I thought it used to step through...
Replies
Views
Welcome....
Welcome....
hours of fun with MP. Im new to media portal just thought I would say Hi So Err Hi, By the way well cool piece of...
Replies
Views
very good. thx for the super fast response
very good. thx for the super fast response
Just wondering, can I download the new SVN and still use the old TV Engine?
Replies
Views
I belive that STB in the USA (or some states only?) has FW-out for MPEG2 - due to a law that says thay have to give the user accses to raw data....
I belive that STB in the USA (or some states only?) has FW-out for MPEG2 - due to a law that says thay have to give the user accses...
Everyone here from europe probably know what I'm talking about: STB w/SCART out - to tv-card with s-video in --> ok picture, but...
Replies
Views
garry, that sound nice. Could you create a patch or something like that so other users can test and devs could incorporate this in newer builds? Julio
garry, that sound nice. Could you create a patch or something like that so other users can test and devs could incorporate this...
I was able to modify ChangeChannelNr() and OnKeyCode() in TvGuideBase.cs (latest SVN) to allow me to enter a 1-3 digit channel...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom