Newcomers Forum (26 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
Please use the German section of the forum :) (or use English) -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/deutsches_mediaportal_forum-f168.html
Please use the German section of the forum :) (or use English) ->...
Schönen Guten Abend, wenn ich versuche mp3 dateien wieder zu geben laufen sie teilweise nicht, auch die inbindung eines externe...
Replies
Views
You don't need to use webEPG, i was perplexed by this at the begining also. Try grabbing EPG from the DVB Stream instead, find the checkbox in tv config. It'll soon start building up your tv guide.
You don't need to use webEPG, i was perplexed by this at the begining also. Try grabbing EPG from the DVB Stream instead, find the...
Hello I'm a newby to this, and I'm struggling to get this to work properly so any help would be great since when I started trying...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DVD Import / Ripper DE
My solution to the "defective" plugin mentioned, is to use the inbuild plugin called "My Programs". You can add a "Application Launcher" in that. The application to launch should be someting like DVD-decrypter (google it). It accepts arguments. So you can set it to automatically rip a DVD when started. If you need more help I can...
My solution to the "defective" plugin mentioned, is to use the inbuild plugin called "My Programs". You can add a "Application...
Hey All, I am new, I just found mediaportal today and its great!!!, my only question is in the about page it says you can store...
Replies
Views
A couple of answers (not all of them)... 0.2.3 is the latest released version. The other versions you tried are not as feature rich, and are less likely to get support for. Daemon tools DOES work in 0.2.3. I use that all the time. Make sure that you have it set to the correct virtual drive number. It's easiest if you have...
A couple of answers (not all of them)... 0.2.3 is the latest released version. The other versions you tried are not as feature...
Being impressed with XBMC on a friend's Xbox I've borrowed a MCE 2005 from another friend and backed up the whole system with True...
Replies
Views
problem with unresponsive channel change is gone, de-fragmented the HD and registry and it's running smooth.. I am using media portal standard; I think ::o installed this one http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mediaportal/MediaPortal_0.2.3.0_Setup.exe Might have to shell out the $20 for schedules direct but wanted to make sure...
problem with unresponsive channel change is gone, de-fragmented the HD and registry and it's running smooth.. I am using media...
Which plugin should I download for my regular comcast cable so that I have a TV guide? I'm in Colorado USA. Thanks
Replies
Views
I too am an MCE refugee. I recommend running MSCONFIG and disabling all services and startup items that start with "Media Center" OR "eh" (see attachmensts). There are other things you can get rid of, but this is a more a question of taste, and what else you use on your PC. Sorry, I have a German-languge OS, but the attachments...
I too am an MCE refugee. I recommend running MSCONFIG and disabling all services and startup items that start with "Media Center"...
I've been running MCE 2005 for a couple of years now but would like to try this software to see if it does some things that I can't...
Replies
Views
Thx! I updated my startpost with a new question btw :)
Thx! I updated my startpost with a new question btw :)
Hi, I just found out about mediaportal but I have one important question before I decide to set up a htpc. Is media portal able to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Isolate DVI output? DE
Good to hear its working =) Happy holidays!
Good to hear its working =) Happy holidays!
forgive my ignorance! totally new to the theatre scene! I am using a DVI adapter to HDMI cable, is it possible to work in...
Replies
Views
Hello gen2oo7, this is not possible, some PCMCIA interfaces are compatible to PROGRAMM CAM Interfaces but not to descramble anything. Also MediaPortal has nothing to do with CAM handling, this is done on system level (see forum search for more information on this). btw: You still need a TV card for watching TV, just buying a CAM...
Hello gen2oo7, this is not possible, some PCMCIA interfaces are compatible to PROGRAMM CAM Interfaces but not to descramble...
Hello! Only one short question - can I use the PCMCIA Slot of my Laptop as CommonInterface for a CAM? Can MP handle CAMs that...
Replies
Views
Kinda hard when it's a laptop tho ;)
Kinda hard when it's a laptop tho ;)
Hello, I just installed mediaportal and it went fine, but as I start the program I can't see the home screen, as about half of...
Replies
Views
Just to say, latest version of PowerDVD 7.3 has had play "Bluray\HD disk files from HDD" support removed, 7.2 has no problems. Worth upgrading, my opinion, no.
Just to say, latest version of PowerDVD 7.3 has had play "Bluray\HD disk files from HDD" support removed, 7.2 has no problems...
Hi everybody, new user of Media Portal here who is putting together an HTPC. I guess I'll name the specs of it first to get that...
Replies
Views
My PDA is an HP iPaq running Pocket PC 2003. The PDA software is OK for controlling MP, but not great. It really just a remote replacement, rather than a skin. To give you a feel for how you use it, the app has 3 tabs of controls. Tab 1 (Nav): -back -home -up -down -right -left -ok Tab 2 (Play): -home -vol + / vol...
My PDA is an HP iPaq running Pocket PC 2003. The PDA software is OK for controlling MP, but not great. It really just a remote...
G'day guys, been surfing the forums and trying out MediaPortal on my laptop before I build my own HTPC to go with a 720P projector...
Replies
Views
I'm running Vista and found it here: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal Brad
I'm running Vista and found it here: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal Brad
Hi, I was trying to add my TV card to the supported list of Media Portal following this guide...
Replies
Views
Thanks alot guys I on my way to setting up at the moment. Hopefully by xmas eve my dish will be setup and I can get cracking!
Thanks alot guys I on my way to setting up at the moment. Hopefully by xmas eve my dish will be setup and I can get cracking!
Hi, I came across this site after looking for a PVR solution for my PC, MP looks fantastic and by the looks of the features does...
Replies
Views
Thanks for wonderful support guys! I can report that both running with command line parameters as well as checking the screenselector-checkbox in General configuration, worked to get fullscreen on TV, secondary monitor. Both methods now work fine! Thanks again for all replies and help and I wish you all a Merry Christmas! :thx:
Thanks for wonderful support guys! I can report that both running with command line parameters as well as checking the...
Hi, I am new to Mediaportal which seems like a really nice software. But if I cannot get the following problem solved it is...
Replies
Views
You know, I forgot about RDP actually shutting down the video card on the host end. I only use remote desktop on headless systems. On regular clients I use pc anywhere (slow, I know but I'm on a gigabit network so it's not so bad). I'll give it a try with a monitor when I get home and see what happens. I'll post. Thanks
You know, I forgot about RDP actually shutting down the video card on the host end. I only use remote desktop on headless systems...
I just installed media portal and I'm not having any luck in getting it to run.... at all.... I'm running a headless system (for...
Replies
Views
Since this post is rather late in above mentioned thread: Remark: Yes - pro. But I think I remember that people got it to work this way with home. Please consider giving feedback weather it does or not.
Since this post is rather late in above mentioned thread: Remark: Yes - pro. But I think I remember that people got it to work...
Hello, I know that the MCE remote with receiver is highly recommended for Mediaportal. BUT I have read somewhere that it won't...
Replies
Views
Analogue card now tunes ok but channels wont show in myTV... Got my analogue card working but the channels won't show up in myTV. All the DVB-S2 tuned channels appear ok but when I insert 2 analogue channels into the DVB-S2 group they won't play. If I stop MP and go into configuration mode to check that the analogue card is still...
Analogue card now tunes ok but channels wont show in myTV... Got my analogue card working but the channels won't show up in myTV...
Greetings - I'm in New Zealand and am using the new HVR-4000. Have no problems with the DVB-S side of things and the TVNZxml epg...
Replies
Views
Look at post #7 and #8 on this thread. I think it will solve your problem.
Look at post #7 and #8 on this thread. I think it will solve your problem.
Hi all, I am thinking of giving MediaPortal a try since media center does half of what it advertises. I have a few questions...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Draw DE
One post is enough :)
One post is enough :)
can man directly on mediaportal draw? :thx:
Replies
Views
Thanks ;) -level20peon
Thanks ;) -level20peon
as in topic. I wish to manual addd some shoutcast stations, or save my set of stations for future. where are in MP file with...
Replies
Views
How to Extract Ratings using TagLibSharp Thanks for the reply. I noticed that MP handles the rating contained in the Media files well. Can you tell me how to use TagLib# to do that TagLib.File.Tag has Properties for year, Artists, Title, Album etc. but not for Rating. I tried contacting TagLib# forum but no response yet. So please...
How to Extract Ratings using TagLibSharp Thanks for the reply. I noticed that MP handles the rating contained in the Media files...
Hi, I'm a developer and have noticed that MediaPortal handles Media Meta-Data like Artist, Album, Title well. I'd like to know...
Replies
Views
What do you mean by 'end up with one channel at a time'?
What do you mean by 'end up with one channel at a time'?
Hi I have two Dvico fusionHDTV DVB-T Lite tuners, and i can set them up in the configuration program, but when i load Media Portal...
Replies
Views
there's not "out of the box" functionality for that, but there are ways to somewhat automate the copy process. I don't use that function so can't comment on that, but a search should come up with some answers.
there's not "out of the box" functionality for that, but there are ways to somewhat automate the copy process. I don't use that...
Hi, I'm currently looking into creating my own htpc system. Some of the things I wan't from it is: Stream from a central storage...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Streamed radio DE
Nice :) Looks like there might be a fix for this in the near future. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bug_bass_web_radio_stream_makes_mp-t32352.html?t=32352 /tompa
Nice :) Looks like there might be a fix for this in the near future...
HI, Can anyone help me out with a radio problem. I have via MP configuration added a lot of streamed radio channels bu no one...
Replies
Views
Graphics card details please, including driver version. and Welcome, more info the better, even model no. of Plasma will help us. Regards
Graphics card details please, including driver version. and Welcome, more info the better, even model no. of Plasma will help...
I have a 58" Panasonic Plasma capable of supporting 1080P (documentation says so). Bluerays are amazing at 1080P. When I plug the...
Replies
Views
What Graphics card and driver are you using. That a Directx issue that MP has never been able to overcome, yes stop video of any description playing, then resize.
What Graphics card and driver are you using. That a Directx issue that MP has never been able to overcome, yes stop video of...
Hi all, Im building a new media centre and trying to install mediaportal as an alternative to MCE. Having real problems with it...
Replies
Views
Hi Spragleknas, thanks for your reply - I just downloaded my SQL 5 - read the WIKI - installed everything - used SA as pass. But I can't get it to run! I installed MYSQL on my machen 192.168.0.5 - but when I start MYSQL (cmd starts? should I type in st?) .- and then TVSERVER, and I put in my pass and user (root?) - it saysw that I'm...
Hi Spragleknas, thanks for your reply - I just downloaded my SQL 5 - read the WIKI - installed everything - used SA as pass. But I...
Hi there, I've just bought a DIGITTRADE DVB-T USB 2.0 stick with AF9015BD Filter. Everything is installed right - I can watch TV...
Replies
Views
hi paranoid delusion i hav xp mce02 i have tryed 3 resulution settings800X600,1024X768,1280X1024(only ones avalible) i have tryed 2 dpi settings96 and 120(only ones avalible) 2 colour settings highest 32bit medium16bit(only ones avalible) i havent changed any thing in he media portal config(apart from the skin, but none work...
hi paranoid delusion i hav xp mce02 i have tryed 3 resulution settings800X600,1024X768,1280X1024(only ones avalible) i have...
with every skin i try i always get screwed up titles http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/012136663/untitled-1.jpg can you help...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 First start - newbie questions (1 Viewer) DE
Thanks for the advise. I want to keep it as simple as possible. I going to try out different skins though. For the music I think I will stick to MediaMonkey - at least as long as I am editing tags and organising it.
Thanks for the advise. I want to keep it as simple as possible. I going to try out different skins though. For the music I think...
Hello all, I have just completed the assembly of my first HTPC this weekend and have installed win XP Pro and MP that I got from a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom