Video-Cards (6 Viewers)

Discussions about Video-Cards and their drivers in here
I can definately recommend the Radeon 9550. I've got a passive cooled Gigabyte 9550 with 256Mb, and it runs games fine. Not at top resolutions, but GTA San Andreas is certainly playable. Cheap and silent, suits me fine. Using ATITool I was also able to overclock the core from 250Mhz to 370Mhz without any loss of stabilty or BIOS mods.
I can definately recommend the Radeon 9550. I've got a passive cooled Gigabyte 9550 with 256Mb, and it runs games fine. Not at top...
Hi all, Please let me say thanks for all that have worked on MP, awesome! I'm putting together an HTPC from the following new...
Replies
Views
Check it out! This is ingenious! http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1864315,00.asp
Check it out! This is ingenious! http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1864315,00.asp
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to get myself a new graphics card for my HTPC. Requirements: - Atleast 1 DVI output. - DirectX 9 support - Very cheap - Able to display 1280x768 widescreen resolution. - Passive cooling would be a definite plus - Work well with MP (Don't they all? :) ) - Should handle a little gaming .... nothing major...
Hi, I need to get myself a new graphics card for my HTPC. Requirements: - Atleast 1 DVI output. - DirectX 9 support -...
Hi, I need to get myself a new graphics card for my HTPC. Requirements: - Atleast 1 DVI output. - DirectX 9 support -...
Replies
Views
When you say link, do you mean web link? The custom resolutions that I am talking about are built into powerstrip itself. There is a posting on the entech website that has the ascii equivalents that can be imported, but I've never managed to get them to work. If you go through the powerstrip interface to add new resolution, the...
When you say link, do you mean web link? The custom resolutions that I am talking about are built into powerstrip itself. There...
Just wondering if anyone here would know which video card gives the best HDTV output. The output needs to be component video...
Replies
Views
M
I think the card you've linked to is a little underpowered. I've just stuck a geforce 6200 in my shuttle and I'm very happy with it. It was around 60 quid, and I managed to get one with a heatsink rather than a fan to keep the noise down. The picture quality via tv-out is vastly superior to my onboard graphics card and it seems to...
I think the card you've linked to is a little underpowered. I've just stuck a geforce 6200 in my shuttle and I'm very happy with...
I have a Shuttle XPC SK41G and plan to get a Sapphire 550 pro Tuner Card. Media portal seems to be a wicked program to turn it in...
Replies
Views
01&G Wrote: Computer Lounge in Auckland does the MCE remote currently for $95NZ. Here is the link - http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=2132
01&G Wrote: Computer Lounge in Auckland does the MCE remote currently for $95NZ. Here is the link -...
Hi guys, Can you give me a list (5-6 agp/pci/usb) of best video cards with TV out and remote control which support Media portal...
Replies
Views
S
Nope. That one has component out, and DVI out, but not HDMI. from that page: I/O Interface * RX600 Pro-HDTV Graphic Card o DVI Connector o VGA Connector o Video In/Out Connector (S-Video / Composite) * HDTV Daughter Card o Component Output Connectors (YPbPr) o D...
Nope. That one has component out, and DVI out, but not HDMI. from that page: I/O Interface * RX600 Pro-HDTV Graphic...
Does anyone know of a graphics card that has a hdmi output? best regards
Replies
Views
5200's work quite well for MP. If you want to ditch the active cooling, just take off the fan. In most cases this should not cause any issues (just keep an eye on temps for a bit afterwards, just to make sure). MP doesn't stress the vid card too much. If you want to go one better, the 6200 has special instructions built in...
5200's work quite well for MP. If you want to ditch the active cooling, just take off the fan. In most cases this should not...
I have, on hand right now: GeForce MX4000 (low-profile, passive cool, VGA, S-Vid, Comp-Vid) MX440 (full-size, active-cool...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys.
Thanks guys.
I currently have a Nvidia based Chaintech 5200. It has worked well for me, except for the fan which started making bad noise a few...
Replies
Views
A
Currently, I have my HTPC set up with the primary display being a 20" 1600x1200 LCD. I use the TV out on my old nVidia FX500 to drive an RF converter which puts my HTPC display on channel 100 throughout all the coax in my house. This (and an RF remote) lets the HTPC be used from all of the normal TVs as well as the primary display...
Currently, I have my HTPC set up with the primary display being a 20" 1600x1200 LCD. I use the TV out on my old nVidia FX500 to...
Currently, I have my HTPC set up with the primary display being a 20" 1600x1200 LCD. I use the TV out on my old nVidia FX500 to...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
R
It's the 500MCE - expect only one tuner when you buy it :wink: This is a support forum section it you wanna ask these types of questions use the Hardware Selection help section. DMAN
It's the 500MCE - expect only one tuner when you buy it :wink: This is a support forum section it you wanna ask these types of...
Hiya, Iam building a HTPC and was woundering will this card http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=150990...
Replies
Views
Does anybody know a fast low profile AGP - graphic card? I know the ATI Radeon 9600SE is this the fastest card you can get in...
Replies
Views
Quick followup - finished making the VGA->SCART this evening and it works! (this is for Radeon 7200). I did add the extra circuit for generating the composite from H+V syncs - I put it on a switch. As it happens I didn't need it, powerstrip allows setting the composite sync and it works. Out of interest I tried disabling...
Quick followup - finished making the VGA->SCART this evening and it works! (this is for Radeon 7200). I did add the extra...
Does anybody have an idea about the power consumption levels of the following cards/chipsets: - GForce 5200 - GForce MX440 -...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I'm building out a new PVR box currently own a PVR 350 and am really unsatisified with the stability of it. I want to buy new cards and have the ability to do DVI in/out to an HD TV. Suggestions, highest quality picture available? + stable? I'm willing to drop some bux on it, Thanks!
Hi, I'm building out a new PVR box currently own a PVR 350 and am really unsatisified with the stability of it. I want to buy...
Hi, I'm building out a new PVR box currently own a PVR 350 and am really unsatisified with the stability of it. I want to buy...
Replies
Views
ManCreatedGod
M
A
I think so, yes. Works fine with my gf2mx400, needed latest nvidea drivers though
I think so, yes. Works fine with my gf2mx400, needed latest nvidea drivers though
Can i use Media Portal with this graphic card? nVidia nForce2 IGP (Integrated nForce2 NV18 Graphics Engine (Share memory maximum...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom