Video-Cards (5 Viewers)

Discussions about Video-Cards and their drivers in here
Hi. I am a user of this "holy grail" and I can tell you, it's the best HTPC GPU I've seen so far. But this did not mean you can't use anything else...;) Most of the OnBoard GPU are not really powerfull. If they are (like Intel SandyBridge or AMD LLiano / Zacate) full HTPC taste (incl. VA Deinterlacing) can be there. But there are...
Hi. I am a user of this "holy grail" and I can tell you, it's the best HTPC GPU I've seen so far. But this did not mean you can't...
Hi there, I have been noticing, recently, that everyone is talking about the GT430 being the holy grail of video cards at the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, It should be the other forum... :p If you prefer simplicisty... install the latest SAF...chose passthru (have AV receiver attached), and ensure "HD receiver connected" is "no". J.
Hi there, It should be the other forum... :p If you prefer simplicisty... install the latest SAF...chose passthru (have AV...
I have an integrated Intel G41 motherboard and find my machine struggles with 1080p material and some HD live TV.. Would a...
Replies
Views
Yeah, try LAV Filters for MPEG2, & set the audio decoder back to MPC-MPA (SPDIF passthrough if required) or LAV. PowerDVD isn't great for our TV as it can often detect the wrong framerate & display at half rate (25 instead of 50). Configure LAV with CUVID adaptive, 50/60p, high-quality processing (may need to turn off HQ processing...
Yeah, try LAV Filters for MPEG2, & set the audio decoder back to MPC-MPA (SPDIF passthrough if required) or LAV. PowerDVD isn't...
Now this is a weird one which someone might beable to answer but first some setup details AMD dual core running at 2500Mhz...
Replies
Views
Thanks, Yeah I'm not going to keep the stock heat sink, hopefully I can unlock the CPU. I am starting with a 430w PSU can always upgrade if needed. Any sugestions on a heat sink? I'm going to use the Antec Black Aluminum / Steel Fusion Remote Black Micro ATX Media Center / HTPC Case. Again :thx:
Thanks, Yeah I'm not going to keep the stock heat sink, hopefully I can unlock the CPU. I am starting with a 430w PSU can...
Do I need a dedicated video card? I am currently in the process of building my very own HTPC, I am buying it piece by piece when I...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the encouraging feedback! I still plan to start looking for a new motherboard, as my current one prevents me from upgrading my tuner card. I would like to switch to Digital Devices Cine CT, but have no PCI Express slots (other than the x16 slot for the video card). Of course, if the comment about underpowered graphics on...
Thanks for the encouraging feedback! I still plan to start looking for a new motherboard, as my current one prevents me from...
My HD3450 doesn't seem quite able to keep up with HD. I get occasional brief hangs in the picture, as well as the problems reported...
Replies
Views
G
As with all things - they work for some people, not for others. In this case I have been unlucky With the 6450 the 11.11 drivers caused total corruption of one of my HD channels. Changed to 11.4 and all was ok. But then the main problem is the HDMI port, if I use it then I get 'hum bars' across the TV at 50hz. Looking into this it...
As with all things - they work for some people, not for others. In this case I have been unlucky With the 6450 the 11.11 drivers...
Both roughly the same price ish. Just want the mkv playback on 1080p files to be a tiny bit smoother, as i get the odd stutter...
Replies
Views
Yep not pretty at all :( At least you have not invalidated your warranty on graphics card ;)
Yep not pretty at all :( At least you have not invalidated your warranty on graphics card ;)
Found this article today on anandtech's website..very useful if you are the kind to be ultra specific in your htpc video card...
Replies
Views
Which nvidia model should I go for if my goal is exellent sdtv de-interlacing, good hd/br playback. No need for hd audio and 1080i. Currently using radeon 4550, but sick of flickering and HDTV corruption.
Which nvidia model should I go for if my goal is exellent sdtv de-interlacing, good hd/br playback. No need for hd audio and 1080i...
Hi here are my specs i3-550 4gb ram 250 watt power supply Is there a graphics card that will be good without upgrading...
Replies
Views
Thanks again for the help on this. I got the model you recommended and it's working great. I think the driver disc that came with the unit was faulty, but I was able to download drivers, and now all the 720p videos are playing smooth as silk, without any fan noise from the HTPC.
Thanks again for the help on this. I got the model you recommended and it's working great. I think the driver disc that came with...
I really feel that this has GOT to be covered somewhere, but I can't find it. I've got an "OK" system that I'm using as a HTPC...
Replies
Views
Well, the blurry fonts where caused by an imagescan of my TV. Somehow it resetted after installing a new videocard. So my TV decreased the size of the 'image' while ATI and the NVIDIA card upscaled it all to make if fit again. After a complete new install I figured out that this was causing the blurry font. Still though... the ATI...
Well, the blurry fonts where caused by an imagescan of my TV. Somehow it resetted after installing a new videocard. So my TV...
Hi all, I've been struggling for a while to get Dutch HDTV working fluently. I've found out the IGP is to weak (HD3200). I...
Replies
Views
I purchased the updated BCM970015 from LogicSupply. I am using it in a Thinkpad with integrated x3100 graphics and Windows XP SP3. It took some experimentation but I finally have it working (mostly) well in MediaPortal. On certain videos (particularly 1080p h.264 files), using the VMR9 renderer would result in no video (black...
I purchased the updated BCM970015 from LogicSupply. I am using it in a Thinkpad with integrated x3100 graphics and Windows XP SP3...
I'm just curious as if this add-in card would work with MediaPortal, I'm seriously considering getting this card for smoother HD...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I'm looking to upgrade the video card on my Dell 4600 and am looking for some advice on finding a card that will work with what I've got and give me what I want. I recently bought a Nvidia 7600 gt (AGP 512) which worked well but Nvidia has recently discontinued the Full Screen Video Mirror ability from its 7 series and...
Hey folks, I'm looking to upgrade the video card on my Dell 4600 and am looking for some advice on finding a card that will...
Hey folks, I'm looking to upgrade the video card on my Dell 4600 and am looking for some advice on finding a card that will...
Replies
Views
I 100 % agree on what PD says.
I 100 % agree on what PD says.
I have an HTPC made out of an outdated 2GHz Intel Celeron with 1gb DDR RAM. Win XP. The bottleneck is the integrated Intel...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [OTHER] Matrox M9148 DE
Hi, Just switched from a NVIDIA card to the Matrox M9148. Unfortunately MediaPortal won't start anymore: 'Switching to the reference rasterizer, etc' followed by 'Warning: Nothing will be rendered. The reference rendering device was selected, but.. etc' I'm not sure what these messages mean, according to the specs the...
Hi, Just switched from a NVIDIA card to the Matrox M9148. Unfortunately MediaPortal won't start anymore: 'Switching to the...
Hi, Just switched from a NVIDIA card to the Matrox M9148. Unfortunately MediaPortal won't start anymore: 'Switching to the...
Replies
Views
I would not have a clue regarding this, might be a bit overkill for what we need as main comments from Dev tourettes are all DX9EX related, maybe he will comment more!!
I would not have a clue regarding this, might be a bit overkill for what we need as main comments from Dev tourettes are all DX9EX...
Hi I think my GF8600 GT is dying on me... Sometimes i get horrible pixelation and tearing on eveything (even basic win7 with no...
Replies
Views
I still couldn't figure out how to change the codecs xbmc uses... But I installed MPC-HC configured xbmc to use an external player, and it works. At the moment it won't play back iso files yet (dunno how to mount them). I'd love to find out if I can change the "embedded" player in xbmc, or if changing the codecs could be...
I still couldn't figure out how to change the codecs xbmc uses... But I installed MPC-HC configured xbmc to use an external...
Hello, I'm trying to run Mediaportal on Windows 7. My videocard is a Matrox Parhelia, which is listed in the hardware...
Replies
Views
Is this card good for media portal? Is it well supported? I have T-Com IPTV STB with HDMI output. I want to use it in media portal. If anyone has experience with this card?
Is this card good for media portal? Is it well supported? I have T-Com IPTV STB with HDMI output. I want to use it in media portal...
Hello friends, i would like to conect my set of box to my htpc by hdmi as i did with euroconector. How can i do it? Which cards...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've been running MP for a number of years on what is now a fairly old system. I've just got a HD Ready TV (panel res 1365x768) and am now trying to put HD content through MP. 720 mkv files generally play OK but 1080 ones struggle or just don't work. BBC or ITV HD off satellite is currently a non starter but I've got SkyHD...
Hi all, I've been running MP for a number of years on what is now a fairly old system. I've just got a HD Ready TV (panel res...
Hi all, I've been running MP for a number of years on what is now a fairly old system. I've just got a HD Ready TV (panel res...
Replies
Views
+1 for GT220, just bought one with a heatsink instead of fan (msi n220gt-md1gz) and it works very well! Had problems with heavy stuttering with Live-HDTV on my Geforce 8300, with GT220 it runs smooth as silk :)
+1 for GT220, just bought one with a heatsink instead of fan (msi n220gt-md1gz) and it works very well! Had problems with heavy...
Hi guys. I am from the UK. Right now i am using the on board Intel graphics card in my Media Portal and although it plays most...
Replies
Views
Just been looking into these for building my htpc Whichone of these would anyone recommend to use in a htpc case? Case would be Silverstone LC10B-E, motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H CPU AMD Athlon II X2 240e or 235e thx for the info
Just been looking into these for building my htpc Whichone of these would anyone recommend to use in a htpc case? Case would be...
Just been looking into these for building my htpc Whichone of these would anyone recommend to use in a htpc case? Case would be...
Replies
Views
I run with a EVGA 8400GS 521mb PCI version, and so far OK. Not tried it on HD output yet (still have a SD TV) so can't advise on if there are issues with the higher resolutions. Am able to get 50fps using VMR and PowerDVD codecs. Works fine with Mediaportal (running under XP, 2g ram, 3GHz pentium machine). You'll find if new they are...
I run with a EVGA 8400GS 521mb PCI version, and so far OK. Not tried it on HD output yet (still have a SD TV) so can't advise on if...
Hi, i need a new PCI (not express!) graphiccard. It has to be passive, be able to run MP and play TV from the TV server (not...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
As far as I can recall, Swede's hack was a patched texture cache file. Once the SVNs got the option (only through editing the xml file) of not caching all the textures, Swede's hack was no longer needed. The setting is off by default still. You have to edit the xml.
As far as I can recall, Swede's hack was a patched texture cache file. Once the SVNs got the option (only through editing the xml...
I see some times people having problems with skins when VRAM is smaller then 512MB. I have myself HD3200 IGP with 256MB (no way to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [OTHER] New AGP card DE
Hi, My Gigabyte Nvidia 6600GT card has just failed, I think it's a video card memory problem. Anyway I'm looking for a new AGP video card with S-Video output and wonder what advice you can give. I currently use a 720 x 576 resolution with an S-Video connection to my Sony CRT television, but next year be looking to get an HD LCD...
Hi, My Gigabyte Nvidia 6600GT card has just failed, I think it's a video card memory problem. Anyway I'm looking for a new AGP...
Hi, My Gigabyte Nvidia 6600GT card has just failed, I think it's a video card memory problem. Anyway I'm looking for a new AGP...
Replies
Views
O.K. to be very systematic about this, I am guessing like myself you have two or more issues. You might try the free sw tool HDMI on hdmiOn – a solution to loss of DVI video EDID signal on HD TVs | thydzik's technology blog But I would suggest the following: Follow the driver sweeper instructions to remove all old/ or newer...
O.K. to be very systematic about this, I am guessing like myself you have two or more issues. You might try the free sw tool...
Hi there I have posted a question in the MP help section but I guess my problems are due to problems with a gfx card. Can...
Replies
Views
I agree with that comparison very much so... not a lot of bs being thrown around at all. I myself go the discrete route with an HD 4670, they recommend an HD 4650 but I and many others have had issues with it handling advanced postprocessing such as deinterlacing. I am extremely happy so far and with 24p just about fixed in...
I agree with that comparison very much so... not a lot of bs being thrown around at all. I myself go the discrete route with an HD...
Interesting article just out ATI Avivo HD + Intel ClearVideo + nVidia Purevideo Blu-ray Done Right: How Does Your Integrated GPU...
Replies
Views
I have a onbaord Nvidia 9300 GPU and it runs fine with 24p. But I have to check VMR9 to get perfect audio sync in mediaportal. EVR does have audio sync problems. I used SAF and now coreavc.
I have a onbaord Nvidia 9300 GPU and it runs fine with 24p. But I have to check VMR9 to get perfect audio sync in mediaportal. EVR...
i am going to upgrade my system with a standalone videocard for 1080p@24hz no i read a lot of problems regarding audio sync issues...
Replies
Views
No one knows anything about this?
No one knows anything about this?
Hi, This might be a strange question but I've tried to google all possible solutions without success. I have a standard HTPC...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, this might seem a little strange but: I have an HD3200 onboard chip, which decodes everything I throw at it...I don't have 1080i sources so no problem there BUT I have the feeling the MP menus in general are a bit stuttery. I had a look at Windows Media Center recently which has very smooth menu transitions - I...
Hi everyone, this might seem a little strange but: I have an HD3200 onboard chip, which decodes everything I throw at it...I...
Hi everyone, this might seem a little strange but: I have an HD3200 onboard chip, which decodes everything I throw at it...I...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
nice app, great! used the original hdmion app with a shortcut button on my remote. Will try this app and see how it works. This app does not have the desired effect on my system. Hoped that the app (with the setting 'turn monitor on every second') could poll my TV when I turn it back on. Still have to use the original hdmion app...
nice app, great! used the original hdmion app with a shortcut button on my remote. Will try this app and see how it works. This...
How many of you are suffering from blank screen if the HTPC was on before the TV. I was having the same problem, when my PC auto...
Replies
Views
I'm interested in playing the latest games on my HTPC with decent framerates, but am somewhat limited with card length on the NSK2480. I would really like to grab a GTX260 (55nm) but I'm pretty sure the 10.5" card length is too deep for the case. I have no intention of cutting the case at all so I need to find something else that fits...
I'm interested in playing the latest games on my HTPC with decent framerates, but am somewhat limited with card length on the...
I'm interested in playing the latest games on my HTPC with decent framerates, but am somewhat limited with card length on the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom