Video-Cards (7 Viewers)

Discussions about Video-Cards and their drivers in here
As mentioned above an Ati 3450 should do just fine, it has all the video related bells and whistles of the higher end versions. However, (and this might be a pretty big however), you wont be able to playback all h264/VC-1 material with hardware acceleration. It should work fine with for example Bluray, but online high-def media...
As mentioned above an Ati 3450 should do just fine, it has all the video related bells and whistles of the higher end versions...
just built a media pc and then made the mistake of going out and buying an full-hd tv. While the picture quality is fantastic, my...
Replies
Views
YUY, YUV, RGB ? YUY2 stores color data at a lower accuracy than RGB but we don't really notice any detail loss. Chroma sampling is half the vertical resolution. YV12 is similar to YUY2 but there are even less chroma samples (fewer bits, less space used). MPEG1, 2, 4 all use YUV (YV12). Examples, DVDs, Mjpeg and DivX supports...
YUY, YUV, RGB ? YUY2 stores color data at a lower accuracy than RGB but we don't really notice any detail loss. Chroma sampling...
Hi, I've just noticed that the latest ATI drivers now have a colour space option for my display. I have no idea which is the best...
Replies
Views
no dxva problem for me so far with 8.11 But GUI flickering issue is still there... (this means DXVA is not broken :-))
no dxva problem for me so far with 8.11 But GUI flickering issue is still there... (this means DXVA is not broken :-))
For Vistadrivers, click here I think I wait another month...nothing sexy (for HTPC's)
Replies
Views
Also with 8.10 component TV detection is forced - meaning you can reboot regularly and when you turn on your TV MP will be displayed as the card will have been forced to detect component.
Also with 8.10 component TV detection is forced - meaning you can reboot regularly and when you turn on your TV MP will be...
Hi,if you want the latest Catalyst version before it's on Ati site have a look here:Guru3D.com Forums - View Single Post - 8.10...
Replies
Views
Seems like no good (HTPC) reason toupdate:
Seems like no good (HTPC) reason toupdate:
Today Ati posted a new hot fix driver for Catalyst 8.10 on their support page.You can find the download links for both XP and Vista...
Replies
Views
What do you recommend to prevent flickering with VMR9 using latest ATI drivers? backslash
What do you recommend to prevent flickering with VMR9 using latest ATI drivers? backslash
Just in case anyone's missed it these were released yesterday. And this sounds nice form the release notes! This release of...
Replies
Views
GeForce Release 178
GeForce Release 178
GeForce Release 178
Replies
Views
Current system: Asus M3A78-M, 780g chipset AMD 64X2 5000+ Brisbane Hitachi SATA 3 500GB OZ tech 2GB DDR2 800 I have the onboard video but unfortaunately I am still stuck with my old CRT TV. So, I need a video card that has S-Video out (or comes with an S-Video-Component cable) to go to my crap TV.I have narrowed my choice down...
Current system: Asus M3A78-M, 780g chipset AMD 64X2 5000+ Brisbane Hitachi SATA 3 500GB OZ tech 2GB DDR2 800 I have the...
Current system: Asus M3A78-M, 780g chipset AMD 64X2 5000+ Brisbane Hitachi SATA 3 500GB OZ tech 2GB DDR2 800 I have the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Graphics Card Help DE
Hi, what about the small brother of the ATi, the 4850? Very good reviews about that one. Flip.
Hi, what about the small brother of the ATi, the 4850? Very good reviews about that one. Flip.
Hello, I would like to seek some advice on Graphics Cards for My HTPC. I am looking for one capable of decoding HD content...
Replies
Views
Thanks spranglekas :) That is the bug i had heard of but I am running XP so I assume this will not affect me? :)
Thanks spranglekas :) That is the bug i had heard of but I am running XP so I assume this will not affect me? :)
Hi guys, I'd like your suggestions on ways to go with a new GFX card, as I currently have the ATI onboard chip which has loads of...
Replies
Views
Threads merged and set in right forum section.
Threads merged and set in right forum section.
Not tried this yet but just thought I'd let those ATI graphics card users who weren't aware that it's now available!
Replies
Views
The problem described here by Inker is just the way it is nowadays with passive cooled cards in mij experience. It's a bit on the high side but I had a x1650XT which ran 60 idle on my PC and about 95 full load after an hour. It's still working (sister is playing some Sims 2 on it from time to time). Especially the low profile HTPC...
The problem described here by Inker is just the way it is nowadays with passive cooled cards in mij experience. It's a bit on the...
I need a gfx card too... My HTPC currently only has cheap onboard intel chip (GMA950) which I put up with so far. I actually...
Replies
Views
My HD 3870 allows independent refresh rates. AFIK, so do the 3850 and the 4870 and 4850.
My HD 3870 allows independent refresh rates. AFIK, so do the 3850 and the 4870 and 4850.
of doing these on my pick list below? - Primary screen is a computer LCD display - Secondary is composite TV - I'd like to...
Replies
Views
I use ultraVNC, when I log in aero get's disabled but when I log off aero gets reenabled. Normally I don't use ultravnc when I watch tv so no problem..
I use ultraVNC, when I log in aero get's disabled but when I log off aero gets reenabled. Normally I don't use ultravnc when I...
Folks, I've recently completely upgraded my MP system and I thought I would share a rather surprising outcome... First some...
Replies
Views
Yes this is true u can do this But if you are installing a discrete graphics card then its more than likely that you could output DVI from both outputs of the graphics card and would not need the onboard graphics at all (I know the HIS silent ATI3450 can do this) - the OP wanted to avoid this scenario if possible. Also if I were...
Yes this is true u can do this But if you are installing a discrete graphics card then its more than likely that you could...
Hi! I was getting excited when I read about the "GA-MA78GM-S2H" motherboard. GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Manual -...
Replies
Views
This might be a little late but the ATI Radeon HD 3870 keeps dropping in price right now because the 4xxx series will be out soon. This card has built in 5.1 surround and comes with the HDMI adapter so you can hookup to your TV right out of the box. I love this card, picked it up at Best Buy this week for $129.99, and bought the...
This might be a little late but the ATI Radeon HD 3870 keeps dropping in price right now because the 4xxx series will be out soon...
I'm upgrading my Home Theater to (future-proof) Full HD (BenQ W5000, Pioneer 1018, HTPC w/ Blu Ray player). Since toslink can not...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Video card blues... DE
****UPDATE**** Just installed Catalyst 8.5 and the image quality has improved a lot. I think Ati are finally listening to people...
****UPDATE**** Just installed Catalyst 8.5 and the image quality has improved a lot. I think Ati are finally listening to people...
Hi all. I am plagued with issues concerning my video card. I have the choice to use either a ATI or nVidia based video card but...
Replies
Views
you say divx and sutch..... are you watching H.264 or X.264 encoded movies.... it is my understanding (Please correct me and teach me how) that x.264 is not possible to get hardware supported playback. So what you need is not a powerfull GFX, but a powerfull CPU. If you are playing H.264 there is allot of cards out there that...
you say divx and sutch..... are you watching H.264 or X.264 encoded movies.... it is my understanding (Please correct me and...
I am currently using a 7900GTX for my HTPC. It is my understanding that much of the video processing with this card is done by the...
Replies
Views
The MSI card I have listed above is a "Low Profile" card. It fits in most media cases. In fact I have mine in a "Slim" case with a micro ATX MB and there is still plenty of room. I have experienced no heating issues even after long continuous useage. Gary
The MSI card I have listed above is a "Low Profile" card. It fits in most media cases. In fact I have mine in a "Slim" case with a...
Hi guys I have an antec nsk2400 case, using the onboard graphics chip at the moment but I have a spare PCIex16 slot. Am wanting to...
Replies
Views
I have one of these, but when I got it, it seems to have 512MB RAM CLUB3D CGAX-P246L RADEON HD 2400PRO 256MB GDDR3 PCI-E DVI HDCP LOWPROFILE PASSIVE DVI connector which I use a DVI to HDMI cable to drive the TV
I have one of these, but when I got it, it seems to have 512MB RAM CLUB3D CGAX-P246L RADEON HD 2400PRO 256MB GDDR3 PCI-E DVI HDCP...
Hi, I have an AOPEN XC Cube EZ 661 SFF PC. I would like to add a passively cooled Graphics Card but am not sure what to go for...
Replies
Views
Good work sorry about the Confusion over ffdshow and the ffdshow RAW.
Good work sorry about the Confusion over ffdshow and the ffdshow RAW.
Hi all, long time user of Mepo (as my girlfriend calls it) despite occasional trips to Vista MCE.. I always come back! Little...
Replies
Views
Thanks ThaClown I'll check that one out :) TV was AUD$6300 - and the room is probably not quite big enough ;)
Thanks ThaClown I'll check that one out :) TV was AUD$6300 - and the room is probably not quite big enough ;)
Hi Guys, I'm building (yet another) HTPC and I want to get a video card that is more than I'll ever need to drive my 60" 1080p...
Replies
Views
:) cool! Enjoy! Sure that card will be enough to have a nice gameplay! :) My new WD sataII 160GB just arrive yesterday whit a new LG DVD Burner (My Old Pionner is Dying), If my Pionner wasn't dying, i could get a 320GB, but the 160GB its ok for now. Thats sound like a truelly HTPC (500GB), i feel kind of low in space (240GB Total)...
:) cool! Enjoy! Sure that card will be enough to have a nice gameplay! :) My new WD sataII 160GB just arrive yesterday whit a new...
I'm leapfrogging my computers, my gaming pc currently has a 7600GS[Silent Edition] and my Media Centre has a 6600GTOC. I wanna buy...
Replies
Views
ah sweet thanks... My tv is an ooooold SOny 29" vega ... dont think itll do that well with HD :-(
ah sweet thanks... My tv is an ooooold SOny 29" vega ... dont think itll do that well with HD :-(
Well hello people :-) Since this is my first post here ill throw a few words of introduction: Im running MP on my primary...
Replies
Views
Quick update on this. Got the new EN8600GTS card, bit of a tight fit (read case lid sits on heatsink..whole case now a heatsink!) but the news is not good. Picture quality is much the same, not a lot between the 7600 and 8600 when using std setup, EVR does make a differance when I can get it working. Bigger problem is that I...
Quick update on this. Got the new EN8600GTS card, bit of a tight fit (read case lid sits on heatsink..whole case now a...
I now have a GeForce NX7300GS card but... 1. ...I wonder if I can improve the picture quality in any way by using a GF8600GTS...
Replies
Views
Thanks for helping out. I don't know what I did but now it works OK again... /Peter
Thanks for helping out. I don't know what I did but now it works OK again... /Peter
Hi! I just upgraded my HTPC with a new Fatal1ty motherboard, an Intel C2D, and 2GB RAM. Since my old gfx card is AGP it won't...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 gfx decision DE
If you bought the Nvidia 8600 board, you'd have driver issue too. Nvidia Vista driver is almost barebone with very little features that people want (Nview, Digital Vibrant,...) Both ATI and Nvidia seem to release their chips before getting the bugs out of their drivers.
If you bought the Nvidia 8600 board, you'd have driver issue too. Nvidia Vista driver is almost barebone with very little features...
Hey, I'm thinking of buying this card: http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1195&maincat_no=130&cat2_no=136#...
Replies
Views
The 2600XT is out! and cheap! http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/440/7/ It's far from the best gaming card out there, but it takes ~20% off cpu-load when encoding HD-movies, compared to an 8600GT! :D
The 2600XT is out! and cheap! http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/440/7/ It's far from the best gaming card out there, but...
I really do not see what the advantage in a dedicated gfx board is. Should one not be as good off with onborad gfx? Reasons why...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I'll start checking on them.
Thanks, I'll start checking on them.
I am going to build an HTPC and am a noob at all of this. I was wondering what are some decently cheap tv and video cards out...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Cheap DX10 GFX Card DE
Much more interesting for a MP system (a real HTPC) will be the new ATI GPU DX10 generation. At least if you want to connect your HD panel via HDMI. The ATI HD 2400 for example comes with a HDMI adapter and a AC3 sound device on board... no more thinking about getting the sound to your HD panel separately. H.264 offloading is onboard...
Much more interesting for a MP system (a real HTPC) will be the new ATI GPU DX10 generation. At least if you want to connect your...
Could be interesting if you are looking for a cheap DX10 GFX card...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom