[Rejected] 0002123: remove mpg recording support from TV-Server (1 Viewer)

vojat

Portal Member
March 23, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,
I would like to try and remove the mpg recording support if the task is still available.

I have one question, should the data column "recordingFormat" in the table "Card" be removed?

/Voja

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    0002123: remove mpg recording support from TV-Server ( Work in Progress )

vojat,

:D for taking care of this task. I removed the rejected tag.

I would leave the column in place (at least at first), won't harm and can be reused in the future.

Simone

vojat

Portal Member
    March 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    0002123: remove mpg recording support from TV-Server ( Work in Progress )

Hi,
    I have made a first attempt to fix this issue but I don't know how to test it.

What is the easiest way to test changes made in the code?

/Voja

Attachments

• Fix for mantix #0002123 (from revision 22732) DirectShowFilter part.patch
      30.8 KB

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,
    I have made a first attempt to fix this issue but I don't know how to test it.

What is the easiest way to test changes made in the code?

/Voja

I would say, test everything in TV: timeshifting, recording and so on :p

Simone

vojat

Portal Member
    March 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I guess I'm a little bit slow.
    I don't really know what files to copy (or install??) from my development computer to my HTPC.

Is there a easy way for me to create a installation package and install it to my HTPCc or should I just copy the binary files?

/Voja

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    if you have checked out both MP and TVE3 you can do:

1) compile all cpp filters before (release)
    2) [svn_root]\mediaportal\Build Deploy Release.bat
    --> creating setup in [svn_root]\mediaportal\Setup\Release
    3) [svn_root]\TVEngine3\TVLibrary\Build Deploy Release.bat
    --> creating setup in [svn_root]\TVEngine3\TVLibrary\Setup\Release

vojat

Portal Member
    March 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for your description.
    I still have some questions:
    What is the prefered configuration for developing /compiling /debugging and building installation packages?
    I'm running Vista 64 bits with Visual studio 2008 (Team suite edition).
    I tried to debug the TVService using the instructions found in the readme.txt file located under tvengine3/tvlibrary/tvservice but I can't start the debugger because "The debugger does not support debugging managed and native code at the same time on this platform"

If I want to install the installation package for the client and the server created with your earlier description, how can I backup my original installation so that my family doesn't get angry if my fixes doesn't work?

/Voja

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks for your description.
    I still have some questions:
    What is the prefered configuration for developing /compiling /debugging and building installation packages?

Check this page, especially the one about compiling. To build a installation package you also need NSIS installed on your system.

I'm running Vista 64 bits with Visual studio 2008 (Team suite edition).
    I tried to debug the TVService using the instructions found in the readme.txt file located under tvengine3/tvlibrary/tvservice but I can't start the debugger because "The debugger does not support debugging managed and native code at the same time on this platform"

I can't help you with that, sorry.
    If I want to install the installation package for the client and the server created with your earlier description, how can I backup my original installation so that my family doesn't get angry if my fixes doesn't work?

I usually use a disk imaging software to back up the entire partition and restore it if things go terribly wrong. Otherwise it usually works to install a build with my own changes reverted if things go only slightly bad.

Sorry for leaving your questions unanswered for too long. :sorry:

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    any news on your tests ?

Simone

vojat

Portal Member
    March 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,
    major problems with my tests. I tried to update my cyrrent system with my changes but everything stoped working.
    When I tried to restore the old installation my digital tv supplier (COMHEM in sweden) had problems with the signal and I ended up with alot of channels with strange names. I ended up reinstalling Vista and everything. All this took alot of time and now my family has returned so I'm not alowed to corrupt the tv installation. :sorry:

I'll post the changes i made so that anyone can take over this workitem.

I think the changes will work but i'm not 100% sure that I removed the com interface correctly.

Attachments

• Fix for mantix #0002123 (from revision 23096) .patch
      30.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread