[no Bug] - 1.30 RC on Windows 8 | Page 2

Discussion in 'MP 1.3.0 Beta & RC' started by clahs, February 9, 2013.

1. ericb223

ericb223 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    OK, so I followed the instructions here and pushed through with the installation and it worked. However, after scanning channels, the EPG downloaded nothing. I also receive the "no free card available" message when trying to watch TV on most channels (some do work occasionally). Is this related to the fact that this is not a final release?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. toga67

toga67 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    No, this RC Release is running very good.
    Sorry, i do not know what is wrong with your installation. I only can say that i have no Problems with Win 8 and MP 1.3 RC.
    Do you have any other TV Software installed? The message "no free card available" indicates that your tv Card is used by another Service. but that is just a guess.
    Perhaps it is Windows media Center. You have to disable it in the TV-Server configuration (Additional 3rd Party checks).

Last edited: February 20, 2013
  4. ericb223

ericb223 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    OK, I uninstalled the Win-TV software that came with my Hauppauge device and now I can see channels. But the EPG still isn't pulling any data. Anyone have any ideas why this isn't working?

I'm not trying to be difficult here. I really want this to work and I want others to know about this potentially great program. But I feel that the average user needs to be able to install it and use it without spending hours trying to get the basics working.

5. hafblade

hafblade Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +146 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    With the tv server I had an issue long time ago because I didn't know that I have to choose the quad lnb configuration when scanning for channels.
    Than everything worked fine. Perhaps it's something like this.

6. ericb223

ericb223 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    I am unable to find any setting for quad LNB. Can you tell me where it is? I am seeing channels now with no issues. Just no EPG.

7. hafblade

hafblade Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +146 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Ok when you see channels it has nothing to do with the thing I've written before.

Look if the channels are all mapped to your tv card.
    See wiki:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Server_Configuration/03_TV_Channels/2_Mapping

Other information to tv channels can be found here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ration/TV-Server_Configuration/03_TV_Channels

For DVB EPG you have to configure these:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/TV-Server_Configuration/05_DVB_EPG

and especially these (activates the dvb epg for the channels)
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ver_Configuration/05_DVB_EPG/1_TV_EPG_Grabber

• Like Like x 1
  8. ericb223

ericb223 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thanks hafblade for responding. All of the channels are mapped to my one and only card. I didn't create any groups and all channels are set to grab EPG. The only thing that I customized is that I set the EPG to grab only English. Unless there's a bug, I doubt that's the issue. Any other ideas? Is anyone else having issues with EPG?

9. Guzzi
    • Team MediaPortal

Guzzi Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +922 / 0
    Don't choose to grab EPG for all channels - the EPG grabber is known to freeze for some non standard channels and then stop working - sometimes even freezing tv server completely. Try to only enable EPG grabbing for some well known channels and see, if that works. (All talking about idle EPG grabber).

10. hafblade

hafblade Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +146 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Furthermore DVB EPG grabbing lasts really long. Due to this fact many people use XMLTV or WebGrab or something like this.
    I am using mc2xml to get all my epg data from the internet which is much "richer" than the dvb epg data:
    http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/

And than you can use the xmltv plugin in the tv servers plugin configuration to import it to your server.
    All channels which aren't found by mc2xml can be grabbed with dvb epg.

11. ericb223

ericb223 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    I tried just a few channels but still nothing. It just dawned on me. Is it possible that it's my tuner card? Has anyone ever heard of the tuner card working for viewing and recording but not downloading EPG? Mine is a brand new Hauppauge USB stick.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!