[no Bug] 1.30 RC on Windows 8 (2 Viewers)

ericb223

February 19, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
OK, so I followed the instructions here and pushed through with the installation and it worked. However, after scanning channels, the EPG downloaded nothing. I also receive the "no free card available" message when trying to watch TV on most channels (some do work occasionally). Is this related to the fact that this is not a final release?

toga67

Portal Pro
October 15, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Is this related to the fact that this is not a final release?
No, this RC Release is running very good.
Sorry, i do not know what is wrong with your installation. I only can say that i have no Problems with Win 8 and MP 1.3 RC.
Do you have any other TV Software installed? The message "no free card available" indicates that your tv Card is used by another Service. but that is just a guess.
Perhaps it is Windows media Center. You have to disable it in the TV-Server configuration (Additional 3rd Party checks).

Last edited:

ericb223

February 19, 2013
Home Country
OK, I uninstalled the Win-TV software that came with my Hauppauge device and now I can see channels. But the EPG still isn't pulling any data. Anyone have any ideas why this isn't working?

I'm not trying to be difficult here. I really want this to work and I want others to know about this potentially great program. But I feel that the average user needs to be able to install it and use it without spending hours trying to get the basics working.

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
With the tv server I had an issue long time ago because I didn't know that I have to choose the quad lnb configuration when scanning for channels.
Than everything worked fine. Perhaps it's something like this.

ericb223

February 19, 2013
Home Country
I am unable to find any setting for quad LNB. Can you tell me where it is? I am seeing channels now with no issues. Just no EPG.

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok when you see channels it has nothing to do with the thing I've written before.

Look if the channels are all mapped to your tv card.
See wiki:
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Server_Configuration/03_TV_Channels/2_Mapping

Other information to tv channels can be found here:
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ration/TV-Server_Configuration/03_TV_Channels

For DVB EPG you have to configure these:
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/TV-Server_Configuration/05_DVB_EPG

and especially these (activates the dvb epg for the channels)
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ver_Configuration/05_DVB_EPG/1_TV_EPG_Grabber

ericb223

February 19, 2013
Home Country
Thanks hafblade for responding. All of the channels are mapped to my one and only card. I didn't create any groups and all channels are set to grab EPG. The only thing that I customized is that I set the EPG to grab only English. Unless there's a bug, I doubt that's the issue. Any other ideas? Is anyone else having issues with EPG?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Thanks hafblade for responding. All of the channels are mapped to my one and only card. I didn't create any groups and all channels are set to grab EPG. The only thing that I customized is that I set the EPG to grab only English. Unless there's a bug, I doubt that's the issue. Any other ideas? Is anyone else having issues with EPG?
    Don't choose to grab EPG for all channels - the EPG grabber is known to freeze for some non standard channels and then stop working - sometimes even freezing tv server completely. Try to only enable EPG grabbing for some well known channels and see, if that works. (All talking about idle EPG grabber).

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Furthermore DVB EPG grabbing lasts really long. Due to this fact many people use XMLTV or WebGrab or something like this.
    I am using mc2xml to get all my epg data from the internet which is much "richer" than the dvb epg data:
    http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/

And than you can use the xmltv plugin in the tv servers plugin configuration to import it to your server.
    All channels which aren't found by mc2xml can be grabbed with dvb epg.

ericb223

February 19, 2013
    Home Country
    I tried just a few channels but still nothing. It just dawned on me. Is it possible that it's my tuner card? Has anyone ever heard of the tuner card working for viewing and recording but not downloading EPG? Mine is a brand new Hauppauge USB stick.

Users who are viewing this thread