[no Bug] 1.30 RC on Windows 8 (1 Viewer)

clahs

Portal Member
April 8, 2008
Ikast
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi.

In Mediaportal and TV-Server setup, and under installation of 1.3 RC, comes warning that it can not run on Windows 8.

Was it not compatible with Windows 8?

I am running Windows 8 Enterprise 64Bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You should be able to install and run it on Win8 but it is not officially supported yet. Thats why the warning.

Last edited:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It's just a warning. Does it not install at all?

Last edited:

clahs

Portal Member
    April 8, 2008
    Ikast
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yes, it install fine.
    It was the warning I would report in, because on the download page it says that 1.3 RC it can run with Windows 8.

A another problem on Windows 8. If I run Mediaportal through the shortcut on the desktop, it starts up in full screen og focus is on mediaportal. But do i use the MPtray, it dos not start up in completely fullscreen. Windows can still be seen in the button of the screen. I must push the mediabutton againg, before the focus is on mediaportal and Mediaportal then switch to fullscreen.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    A another problem on Windows 8. If I run Mediaportal through the shortcut on the desktop, it starts up in full screen og focus is on mediaportal. But do i use the MPtray, it dos not start up in completely fullscreen.
    Please provide completely debug logs and screenshots of the issue (You can use F11 in MP to make a sreenshot which is put in your MyPictures\MediaPortal Screenshots folder.

Are you talking about the taskbar begin infront? or does it really start in Windowed mode?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Win 8 compatibility is fixed for the Final release.

@clahs if you still have problems with fullscreen / windowed mode, please post a new bug report and attach full debug logs.

Setting this to No Bug.

ericb223

February 19, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm seeing the messages about an unsupported OS while trying to install 1.3 (see attachment). I recently upgraded to Windows 8 Pro with Media Center from Windows 7 SP1. I originally installed MP 1.2.3 but was having issues with the EPG not working so I uninstalled it and installed 1.3. Anyone have any thoughts as to why I'm seeing the OS incompatibility error?

Attachments

• OS Error.png
      OS Error.png
      2.9 MB
    Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As stated in the post above, Windows 8 support will be supported as of MediaPortal 1.3 Final (which isn't released yet).

ericb223

February 19, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Oh, I see. I guess I was just confused because on the Download page it says this:

MediaPortal 1 Development

released on 05. Feb 2013
    News | Changelog | Requirements
    Supports Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8 (32/64bit)​
    This would lead me to believe that 1.3.0 RC supports Windows 8. But apparently this is not correct.​

toga67

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, I see. I guess I was just confused because on the Download page it says this:
    This would lead me to believe that 1.3.0 RC supports Windows 8. But apparently this is not correct.

1.3.0 RC works without problems on win 8. This install message is only a warning that it is not fully tested on win 8. but it works since weeks on my htpc without Problems.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread