ABC iView (1 Viewer)

Shadime

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

Is anyone else having problems with ABC iVew (Australia)

It says cannot get URL

Regards

Shadime

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry for the late answer... It had slipped my attention.

Is anyone from australia able to setup a VPN for me? Then I (probably) can get things fixed

Shadime

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Some of the categories with iView time out. can someone please have a look.
    If you require anything please let me know.

Cheers

Shadime

Shadime

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi doskabouter, thanks for the reply :)
    when entering ABC3 it often times out before populating.
    When trying to watch lockie leonard ep 23 it comes up with the error
    'error starting playback Connection is lost, cannot reopen'

I have verified this with another MePo user.
    I have attached the online videos log.

Thanks for your help

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, just checked, and abc3 has no timeout issues here, in fact, it's rather fast.

About playback: I can't play that particular video here neither (nor in xbmc). Is this a general problem, or just this one video?
    Are you able to play it using xbmc, or other similar programs?

Shadime

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can play it ok via the iView website[DOUBLEPOST=1429130474][/DOUBLEPOST]Also are you able to test viewing a iView video (any) and then try another one does it work or time out?
    If I watch one video I have to restart MP to watch another. This only happens with iView

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Do you mean if I can watch it through the website? I'm pretty sure it's going to nag about geoblocking, but I'll try tomorrow.

And as for playback at your end: I would be very handy to have some opensource program which can playback videos, so I can mimic their behaviour. If it's not available (perhaps ivewnapper?) I'll have to figure it myself, and that could pose some serious experimenting.

Johnnygill

Portal Member
    April 16, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi guys,
    iviewnapper still works for me, and in fact, downloads that episode as well. I can't however watch it using online-videos either...
    **EDIT: Sorry, I was downloading Ep.22 - when I tried 23 it drops the connection!!!

I also have to close MP after watching an iview episode, and then open it again to be able to watch a second in a row.
    Will continue to try and work out whats going on. I could probably setup a VPN connection if you really need one...

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, I'll await your findings then.
    Do you get a specific error when you try to watch 2 episodes in a row? (They can be found in the MpUrlSourceSplitter.log)

Users who are viewing this thread