As with others I am still keen to get this fixed

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Me too, I want to get this off my list :)
    If I can remote desktop into one of your old/spare/whatever pc's I'll promise I'll behave :)

Callumgw

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Check out www.privateinternetaccess.com it will give you much more freedom to help in time you have available and to many other countries. As I said, happy to contribute to cost.
    There is also some scripts that may let us build it into mp and switch the exit country from within mp.....

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I know, just had a chat with one of their employees. but can't blame me for trying it the free way :)

Edit: mp has ability to put http traffic through a proxy, but as far as I know MPUrlSourceSplitter hasn't and that dll does the final playback...

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will have a look to see how I can help with access and/or remote access. Would TeamViewer be OK?

Also happy to provide coding support.
    Great!
    We are seriously lacking some coders in the australia/Newzealand region, as most of that content is geo-blocked.

Teamviewer would do perfectly

dcapslock

Portal Member
    September 1, 2015
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK. doskabouter and I are trying to get something happening. In the mean time I have used Fiddler to look at how the iPad Iview app works. I suggest this would be a good way to go. What say you all?

Callumgw

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2008
    Home Country
    OK. doskabouter and I are trying to get something happening. In the mean time I have used Fiddler to look at how the iPad Iview app works. I suggest this would be a good way to go. What say you all?
    Its as good as any...... we did compare to the kodi one already and found it calls the same addresses.

dcapslock

Portal Member
    September 1, 2015
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    While the video is sorted out, I have been fine tuning the interface to match the web/app view. So what you get is the Latest, Popular, Last Chance etc. as well as the usual categories. This works well. As it is, I have included categories as per data returned. This gives a nice view for the episodes featured on each section (see images). However, with the web/app interface, you get another details screen, with the main episode and other episodes below. I am not sure how is the best way to handle this. Is there anything in OnlineVideos that will handle this?

Top Level
    upload_2015-9-5_22-34-47.png
    Home
    upload_2015-9-5_22-36-21.png

Latest
    upload_2015-9-5_22-38-1.png

You can see in the latest there is 'New Tricks: Series 10 Ep 10' which will have other episodes. The way it is on OnlineVideos in this way, it would play Ep 10 but no access to other episodes. There are two other episodes which would normally be shown in the holding page for Ep 10. I hope that makes sense.

So iViewers, how would you like this resolved. I like it that you have easy access to the latest, etc., rather than trawling through lists that may be 3 times in size. Perhaps a context menu that jumps out to another Category Menu that populates with these series?

Let me know your thoughts

dcapslock

Portal Member
    September 1, 2015
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    All those wanting a working iView, the main issue is the. HTTPS issue that has been referred to. It is fixed in the sources so if you are handy you can get compiling.

Anyhow, I have made good progress on updates that makes iView browse a lot like the main site and apps. It is uses the same returned to the iPad App. I have it working but need to add a way to look up other episodes/related videos and will also implement search which should be quite straightforward. The other episode/related videos may be a context menu to search. Still deciding.

Then to tidy up code etc. hopefully all in for the next OnlineVideos build.

Users who are viewing this thread